Star Wars Planets

Spacewalker95

I agree. Remakes would be very bad from an investing and collecting standpoint. Why buy that $20 Death Star when I can buy the remake for $9.99. That wouldn't be good anyway you look at it. The Planet Series' and Collectible Minifigures are possible the only things that LEGO does that I would not worry about them remaking or re-releasing. That just kind of defeats the whole 'collectibility' of it all. We might see them do Death Star II for a Planet, but not flatout re-release the Death Star all over again. And before someone says they're releasing Endor again, that is false. They first released the forest moon of Endor with the AT-ST, next they are releasing the gas planet of Endor itself with the B-Wing Starfighter. There's my geek moment of the day.

You threw out Kessel so would I be safe in assuming that you are including EU ideas? I'd like Dathomir, Geonosis and Maybe Nal Hutta with a hutt. :)

I would be all for EU planets though Kessel was mentioned in A New Hope so I think it would be fair game. The planet Sullust was also mentioned in Return of the Jedi.

I agree. Remakes would be very bad from an investing and collecting standpoint. Why buy that $20 Death Star when I can buy the remake for $9.99. That wouldn't be good anyway you look at it.The Planet Series' and Collectible Minifigures are possible the only things that LEGO does that I would not worry about them remaking or re-releasing. That just kind of defeats the whole 'collectibility' of it all. We might see them do Death Star II for a Planet, but not flatout re-release the Death Star all over again. And before someone says they're releasing Endor again, that is false. They first released the forest moon of Endor with the AT-ST, next they are releasing the gas planet of Endor itself with the B-Wing Starfighter. There's my geek moment of the day.That some sweet sweet geek action. I don't think they would rerelease a planet either. They might rehash it some how or alter it but I think it would be more likely that they create the second death star instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the planet sets, though the only problem is that every set I find has a scratch on the planet because it sticks out of the box, bummer. :(

Really? I haven't found any one mine, to my knowledge, but I may check again. I don't recall any major scratching, but now this is scaring me...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are series 3 at $4.99 worth investing in?

Maybe for quick flipping, but since all of the planet sets are available literally everywhere, you have a bunch of competition. I bought a bunch (25) of Series 1 sets for $5.50 each, and couldn't sell them for retail. I decided to bundle them all up in lots of ten that haven't sold yet.

Maybe for quick flipping, but since all of the planet sets are available literally everywhere, you have a bunch of competition. I bought a bunch (25) of Series 1 sets for $5.50 each, and couldn't sell them for retail. I decided to bundle them all up in lots of ten that haven't sold yet.

Ouch. I've bought a couple Planets for the kids to build when I found them cheap, but glad I never thought of buying en masse to invest. A couple people have said the Death Star may do ok as an investment, but even then, I'd be critical.  

Ouch. I've bought a couple Planets for the kids to build when I found them cheap, but glad I never thought of buying en masse to invest. A couple people have said the Death Star may do ok as an investment, but even then, I'd be critical.  

I think that one and a few more might do well. Though they are everywhere - they have had a pretty limited run on shelves.

Are series 3 at $4.99 worth investing in?

I'd say it was a good deal. Much like the Collectible Minfigures, just be willing to sit on these for a couple of years so that all the few scragglers out there are off the primary market completely. The worth of Series 1 & 2 are low as they are now because of numerous discounts for the few that are left out there still. People that downplay these Planets will be missing out.

If someone was already willing to pay around $30 at the beginning of last year for a N-1 Starfighter/Naboo or the Republic Attack Cruiser/Coruscant at the start of this one, then why not later on when they are completely off the market? Gotta love peoples collective nature.