Star Wars Planets

Spacewalker95

For those who collect the Star Wars Planets sets, it looks like it'll get a little more expensive to get the Series 4 sets as they won't be sold here in the US. Thoughts?

The second wave of 2013 LSW planets are no longer launching in the US. They will be available in other global countries, however. As you know, some markets carry slightly different collections depending on their market dynamics, so the strategic decision was made not to launch them in the US.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-planets-series-4-not-sold-in-united-states/

Really? Are sales not good here on them?

Maybe this makes them better investments.

I see a lot of series 3 still sitting on store shelves, so I guess sales aren't great. Better than no sales at all though. I really want that series 4 Tantive. Do you think TLG will mind if I buy it from a reseller?

LMFAO

• Like 2

Really? Are sales not good here on them?

Let me ponder that for a second. Ok, well think of a big number. I just thought of 99. Now imagine those sets in a retail store. Got it? OK. Now imagine how many are left. I'm guessing around half are sold, while the other half are clearanced once...then clearanced again...and again, until they're scooped up.

On eBay, the planet sets of Series 1 have barely gone up to MSRP, a sign of over supply. A bit bummed at this, but I doubt I'll try to pick a set up from an international source.

This is a great chance for international BrickPicker members once Brick Classifeds comes up. (wink, wink)

With Series 1 still languishing on shelves here, I guess I can understand their choice. However, seems like they could have made these available still through online orders or something.

Isn't like this everywhere though - none of the planet sets made it to clearance in my area except 1 series 3 - the jedi ship. All the others sold well.

• 2 weeks later...