Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, marcandre said:

:lolu:

Just reading some old posts on this thread. The optimism was extremely high on the exo. Too bad how it's turned out. 

I think to be fair we should revisit this thread in 12, 18 and 24 months. Things changed quickly, but the rise to respectability still may happen...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Veegs said:

I think to be fair we should revisit this thread in 12, 18 and 24 months. Things changed quickly, but the rise to respectability still may happen...

I certainly hope it does well. I have a few on the back of the shelf, they will be there until it appreciates a bit. It's going to happen eventually. 

Watching the rise and fall of the exo has been interesting to say the least.

as a build its a cool set.  i wish i had my own real life exo suit.  as an investment, time will tell.  

the rampant availability of a product that for all practical purposes is retired in a post-brickpicker LEGO is gold environment at a discounted price speaks to the set's intrinsic demand.  seeing a large shelf full marked down 20% at a lego store at a very busy shopping mall 3 months after it sold out online is a bit  discouraging.  Walmart , amazon = still in stock also less than MSRP.   

i have 40 accumulated during the initial hype phase so believe me - i hope it does well.  :cold:

• Like 1

I think all threads should be looked out down the line, to see if we can glean anything from them

It's a little unfair to single out Jeff's comment though. In July 2014, it looked like this set was going to go the way of other Ideas sets - one and done.

Little did we realize at the time that the quick sell out of both this and RI would result in a huge second and/or third runs that would keep these in stock far longer than we ever expected it to be.

This one surprised us as much as it did LEGO.

Edited by Alpinemaps

36 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

$26 is a great price. It's one nice little set and not one Ideas / CUUSOO set had been a dud yet after retirement.

Lego just produced too many prob based on initial demand thanks to the reseller scum :) (nod to SW rebel scum reference ) skewing buyer demand.

I got one on display, it's actually a really nice cool looking set to display.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...