Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Makes two of us. I have too many Exo sets. Just wish they were $25 sets...

It has a small box. Just put it somewhere and forget about it, it's an Ideas set so it will not be forgotten by Lego Fans.

Of course if you have 50+ of them I understand it's a problem...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, biniou said:

It has a small box that will laugh at you every time you see it. Just bury it in your garden and forget about it - it will be forgotten by Lego Fans too.

Of course if you have 50+ of them  you have a big problem...

Fixed it for you.

• Like 2

I've got ten, and I'm determined to make at least 50% on them. I hope to be selling them for around €55 by next Christmas. It's around €42-45 on ebay EU at the mo. The fact that it's an Ideas set means it will always be on the radar of people collecting that range. Thankfully it's not some Galaxy Police set.

2 hours ago, biniou said:

It has a small box. Just put it somewhere and forget about it, it's an Ideas set so it will not be forgotten by Lego Fans.

Of course if you have 50+ of them I understand it's a problem...

I'm 26 units deep after selling 5 to hedge.  Only 10 were purchased below MSRP.  Then again, I did also flip 16 units in Aug 2014 for 75% after fees so that helps swallow this ordeal.

I'm a huge fan of this set and think it will do fine in the long-term but Lego produced way too many based on perceived initial Aug and Sept 2014 demand (resellers mostly). 

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I built this set a month ago with my son and it is great. One day, people will once again praise this set. You can't change the fact that it's damn cool and creative and stylishly packaged. So do me a favor, sell your Exo Suits at half price and I will buy them.

And here began the rush for this set on amazon.com

23 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I built this set a month ago with my son and it is great. One day, people will once again praise this set. You can't change the fact that it's damn cool and creative and stylishly packaged. So do me a favor, sell your Exo Suits at half price and I will buy them.

What you typed is exactly why I purchased many of this set. The set is "cool" and people of all ages seem to like it. 

7 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

What you typed is exactly why I purchased many of this set. The set is "cool" and people of all ages seem to like it. 

I bought 2 sets, against my instincts. My son looked at it and said meh. He prefers the ninjago mechs, more play features and colour. Now i have to offload them, at slight loss maybe.

15 minutes ago, chipbee said:

I bought 2 sets, against my instincts. My son looked at it and said meh. He prefers the ninjago mechs, more play features and colour. Now i have to offload them, at slight loss maybe.

Unload them to me :)

i still believe in this set. Blog to come within the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Unload them to me :)

i still believe in this set. Blog to come within the next couple of weeks. 

In another year or eighteen months will any collector remember how long it was available and at a discount? Obviously resellers will ;) , but plenty of sets I think are cool get heavily discounted and I think they'll make great long term investments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veegs said:

In another year or eighteen months will any collector remember how long it was available and at a discount? Obviously resellers will ;) , but plenty of sets I think are cool get heavily discounted and I think they'll make great long term investments. 

I am doubtful because exosuit is never part of a pop culture like back to the future, star wars etc. Will there be sufficient ideas collectors in future to wipeout all the exosuits?

The set looks awesome.  I loved the marketing The LEGO Group put behind it.  Love the box art.  Love the figs.

I found the set to be very fragile, though.  It was a delicate build and pieces constantly broke off when my son played with it.  I do like the detail of the mech.  It's awesome looking and displays very well.  This set should appeal to AFOLs who want to augment their existing displays with some sort of mech invasion.  How cool would it look if you had an Exo Suit scaling a Tower of Orthanc?  Or perhaps an Exo Suit wrapped around the mast of the Sea Cow?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I'm 26 units deep after selling 5 to hedge.  Only 10 were purchased below MSRP.  Then again, I did also flip 16 units in Aug 2014 for 75% after fees so that helps swallow this ordeal.

I'm a huge fan of this set and think it will do fine in the long-term but Lego produced way too many based on perceived initial Aug and Sept 2014 demand (resellers mostly). 

But but but, the horde has no effect on Lego's decisions..... is what people keep telling me here.

10 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

But but but, the horde has no effect on Lego's decisions..... is what people keep telling me here.

Ha. True.

Hoarding of this set just means it will take longer for it to appreciate.  Most newer folks want that initial "reseller pop". It won't happen here because resellers have already bought it.  

Setting aside the hoarder aspect, We should see slower yet steady growth of this set like things were before the influx of new Lego resellers (before 2013).