Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

6 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I built this set a month ago with my son and it is great. One day, people will once again praise this set. You can't change the fact that it's damn cool and creative and stylishly packaged. So do me a favor, sell your Exo Suits at half price and I will buy them.

i don't know if this went down to 50% off ? but there are lot of venues this was sold for $22 in bulk. look at amazon listings every other seller (of herbal medicine, curtains et al) has this set and they are selling for below retail. 

lets just hope that the price will appreciate in 3 years :). with the quantity flowing in the market. its going to take at least 2 christmas to absorb that ... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2016 at 0:54 PM, newbie77 said:

i don't know if this went down to 50% off ? but there are lot of venues this was sold for $22 in bulk. look at amazon listings every other seller (of herbal medicine, curtains et al) has this set and they are selling for below retail. 

lets just hope that the price will appreciate in 3 years :). with the quantity flowing in the market. its going to take at least 2 christmas to absorb that ... 

If it makes you feel better, we're not the ones who messed up, Lego is...

Guest TabbyBoy

I was thinking that 9515 Malevolence was the biggest turkey I bought (at -40%) before I foolishly bought these at RRP.  At least 9515 is now selling for close to retail so I have a chance of recovering funds. The Exo Suit seems like it was even sold at the local kebab shop, vet and greengrocer by the boat load. However, I had the sense get rid of them just in time - so glad I did. The desperate among us seem to be bundling them with Research Institutes to get rid. Don't as the RI is worth more without this crap!

I'd have voted correctly in the poll but, there's no "0" option!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

One of you guys suggested this set as a winner.  I look at this thing and it just reminds of why I hate Legos.  What a crazy design and I don't even remember them ever having something like this on the moon?  A kid would never build this, it isn't realistic.  Is this thing really one that will appreciate well?

Well feck off back to Krypton if you hate Lego so much then 

• Like 5

One of you guys suggested this set as a winner.  I look at this thing and it just reminds of why I hate Legos.  What a crazy design and I don't even remember them ever having something like this on the moon?  A kid would never build this, it isn't realistic.  Is this thing really one that will appreciate well?

You won't ruffle many feathers in this thread. Not a busy topic. For the most effect, post in the Tumbler, Death Star or Daily Deals thread. More bang for your buck...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

There are always going to be winner's & looser's, just because someone suggests something in speculation means nothing.

This set came out the same time as the Research Institute.  At the time, it was believed that they were both going to both have a very limited run.  This happened with the RI, not so much with the Exo Suit.  You can't win all the battles, you can only make the best guess at the time with the information you have in hand. 

35 minutes ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

I think your initial tone may be a little over the top for most LEGO fans here.  Please try to be a little more positive concerning the product we support on BrickPicker.  You may be able to come to your own conclusions by reading some threads and ask relevant questions based on what you discover.  I understand you may have a been lurking on the forums since you read some of the recent news reports, but you really need to do some research, especially before dumping your money into sets that are now being hyped.  There are always other opportunities down the road and you don't need to jump in head first.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think your initial tone may be a little over the top for most LEGO fans here.  Please try to be a little more positive concerning the product we support on BrickPicker.  You may be able to come to your own conclusions by reading some threads and ask relevant questions based on what you discover.  I understand you may have a been lurking on the forums since you read some of the recent news reports, but you really need to do some research, especially before dumping your money into sets that are now being hyped.  There are always other opportunities down the road and you don't need to jump in head first.

LOL, his initial post was something along the lines of "I don't care about this stuff, I think it's stupid. Tell me how to make money on it since I read in an article that you can." After that he got some "helpful" suggestions about sets to buy, including this one. If his attitude doesn't completely alienate people, his lack of interest in the product will cause him to follow fads and burn out on the product long before he realizes significant returns. Until then, I still think he should pick up Nexo Knights and Chima, get in on the next big thing at the ground floor and scoop up the last vestiges of a mighty theme in the clearance racks.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

LOL, his initial post was something along the lines of "I don't care about this stuff, I think it's stupid. Tell me how to make money on it since I read in an article that you can." After that he got some "helpful" suggestions about sets to buy, including this one. If his attitude doesn't completely alienate people, his lack of interest in the product will cause him to follow fads and burn out on the product long before he realizes significant returns. Until then, I still think he should pick up Nexo Knights and Chima, get in on the next big thing at the ground floor and scoop up the last vestiges of a mighty theme in the clearance racks.

Yes ... and I hear that there's good money to be made on Lepin bricks as well .... it's the next LEGO that only few people know about. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=LEPIN

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

If you can't find them below msrp anymore, id spend up to $40 per set. Those sets are gems I tell you, gems!!!! Phil mentioned China and nexo Knights, I'd listen to this guy, those are best selling themes, most Chima are retired already so they sell very well my friend. 

39 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

A ) No one likes his tone because be isn't BSing around. There are thousands of members here just like him that have no interest in Lego other than money. At least he has the balls to admit it.

B ) There is no B because point A was so f-ing great.

PS: Bonus points for the non-UK BP-ers who get this comedy reference.

EDIT: Hint ... BTxF.jpg

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

No one likes his tone because be isn't BSing around. There are thousands of members here just like him that have no interest in Lego other than money. At least he has the balls to admit it.

I think he is the archetype of what some on other Lego fora think of when they hear "Lego reseller". We're doomed by association :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

Maybe it's too complex for some to build, so they complain about it.  I like the set.  I have built the set.  It's not a simple build, but the finished product is awesome.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

Maybe it's too complex for some to build, so they complain about it.  I like the set.  I have built the set.  It's not a simple build, but the finished product is awesome.  

Maybe my set is faulty, but I've had a few parts just pop off far too easily. It's not really something that I would display if there's any traffic near it. The detailing on it is great, but it sheds terribly.

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I agree, actually - even if it doesn't do well due to the sheer number produced, it is a great set with fabulous presentation and a nice little backstory.

45 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Maybe my set is faulty, but I've had a few parts just pop off far too easily. It's not really something that I would display if there's any traffic near it. The detailing on it is great, but it sheds terribly.

LOL...I don't think any LEGO model in creation does well in traffic, but this has a chance.>>>

Image result for lego large brick