10244 - Fairground Mixer

Wazzapova

• 1 month later...

When the European LEGO Shop at Home inventory data was still available I regularly checked the themes I'm interested in. 10244 always seemed to sell in much lower quantities than many sets that were older and/or more expensive.

Recently I ordered the Fairgound Mixer from LEGO Shop at Home due to 2xVIP points. To my surprise the seal codes were 14S5. Has anyone seen newer seal codes or is the FM really such a slow seller?

9 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

When the European LEGO Shop at Home inventory data was still available I regularly checked the themes I'm interested in. 10244 always seemed to sell in much lower quantities than many sets that were older and/or more expensive.

Recently I ordered the Fairgound Mixer from LEGO Shop at Home due to 2xVIP points. To my surprise the seal codes were 14S5. Has anyone seen newer seal codes or is the FM really such a slow seller?

Just looked at the Mixer I just bought Thursday at the Lego Store (CA, USA) and I got a 24R4. Only other one I have sealed is 20R4. Somewhat disappointing as I really enjoy this set.

I still feel like this set has potential to do well as the Ferris Wheel has been a hit, which should keep the theme moving along.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Are sets that sell poorly like the Mixer seems to be bad investments?  I'd like to pick a Mixer or two up for future resale.  Also, it's been nearly 3 months since anyone posted in here.  What are your current thoughts on this set now that we're into 2016 and has  your opinions already stated here last year changed at all?

11 minutes ago, rlangston77 said:

Are sets that sell poorly like the Mixer seems to be bad investments?  I'd like to pick a Mixer or two up for future resale.  Also, it's been nearly 3 months since anyone posted in here.  What are your current thoughts on this set now that we're into 2016 and has  your opinions already stated here last year changed at all?

I love this set. its design is cool and smart. But when it comes to investment, I don't always pick the right ones.

It could be a sleeper, or not. What it had going for it is that it isn't probably widely hoarded, and it looks like Lego will continue to add to the fair theme. What it doesn't have going for it, is that it isn't very popular so it will be a slow seller. I also haven't really seen it discounted at all (I know rare for exclusives, but I thought we might see it for these to finally clear the shelves)

38 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

It could be a sleeper, or not. What it had going for it is that it isn't probably widely hoarded, and it looks like Lego will continue to add to the fair theme. What it doesn't have going for it, is that it isn't very popular so it will be a slow seller. I also haven't really seen it discounted at all (I know rare for exclusives, but I thought we might see it for these to finally clear the shelves)

I'm on the fence with the Mixer, too. If more of the pieces were dedicated to a bigger, more spectacular Mixer, awesome. But this has a little bit of WVM in it (random bits/scene), and that's the part which scares me.

7 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

I personally say that this is awesome for reselling. It doesn't seem widely popular, but people who have built it seem to love it (seacow anyone?). Because of this, it doesn't seem too hoarded. This is a good thing. If they continue the fairground line, this will surely be a winner. 

I feel the same way. I love how everything packs up into the trucks and that's hard to envision when looking at the box and display model only. Once I saw the video, I had to have it. I've got three in my inventory. Would love more but spending my money on tumbler and other potential winners right now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Don't forget things like the friends roller coaster may help this. No clue what it will be like, but could.spur interest in other fair sets like the mixer

It's like saying that small Creator buildings will affect modulars. Sorry, but no way. Probably absolutely different color scheme and focus, plus by all means not an advanced build.

• Like 3

idk it depends on what it looks like. Do we know the price-point? If all the pieces are dedicated to the coaster then it could work since the mixer itself is like half of that set.

The theme just needs a second widely appealing set to have a lot of people wanting to create a full-blown Fairgrounds. I budged and bought a mixer for myself but my plan originally was to wait-and-see what the next Fairgrounds set was. I feel like a lot of guys are interested in a roller coaster as a concept and females would jump on board, too, particularly with a Friends touch.

• 2 months later...
On January 18, 2016 at 6:00 PM, inversion said:

It's like saying that small Creator buildings will affect modulars. Sorry, but no way. Probably absolutely different color scheme and focus, plus by all means not an advanced build.

It may not be much effect, but I personally got modular a after my kids built smaller sets. I liked theirs, but wanted more. 

We also bought the fairground mixer after getting the superhero fair type set as we decided to MOC the super hero one, make a bumper car area for the joker bumper cars and did the fairground. 

Only point is I would never underestimate the effects even the smaller sets have as they can give great ideas :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...