10244 - Fairground Mixer

Wazzapova

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished building this set and have to say it was a roller coaster of emotions.

It began with a lot of the smaller booths, minifigures, and a small flatbed truck. All of which had very intriguing build mechanics but felt insignificant. I then built the large mixer truck which was a cool build, but nothing flashy. 

When i began building the trailer is when i started really getting intrigued. I couldn't figure out how it was incorporated with the mixer which was still to come. The fence build before the mixer put me off again as it seemed like another fiddly section.. However,.the mixer itself was FANTASTIC. It has so much flavor but yet so much simplicity.

I ended up finishing the build and staring at all these random components and felt rather bleh about the whole thing...nothing really grand to look at. The mixer functions great and made me smile, but i was left with a bunch of mini components strewn about (not a big scene/play fan). Then I realized that I had more pages in the book, which showed how to pack everything on the trucks. At that moment I began to see the genius of everything i had built. (Yeah I was pretty clueless about what i was building).

That being said from a creativity standpoint this set is by far the best i've seen. However, as someone who really doesn't intend on making a fair scene i would have preferred only having the mixer, truck and trailer and paying 70-80 dollars for it. I don't know how well the other miscellaneous fair booths would fair in its own set. My girlfriend built the ferris wheel while i built this and we both agreed that the fair ground mixer is a much better build but both of us would rather have and display the ferris wheel.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had success on getting a decent minty box when buying at a discount from amazon?  I bought the UCS tie at a discount and the box I received was thrashed.  I kept it, but it seemed the reason I recieved a discount on the box was because of the condition it was in.  I just wonder if amazon uses these discounts to blow out their mangled items.  I also have received star wars items that were discounted, and received it in a similar fashion.  Amazon is slowly eroding and not as good as it used to be.  

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Has anyone had success on getting a decent minty box when buying at a discount from amazon?  I bought the UCS tie at a discount and the box I received was thrashed.  I kept it, but it seemed the reason I recieved a discount on the box was because of the condition it was in.  I just wonder if amazon uses these discounts to blow out their mangled items.  I also have received star wars items that were discounted, and received it in a similar fashion.  Amazon is slowly eroding and not as good as it used to be.  

All my stuff over the past few weeks have been in great condition.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I'm just wondering if I might be having a string of bad luck with amazon of late.  For years, I never had a problem and always received items in great condition.  But lately, that's not been the case.  I forgot that I also ordered a Final Jedi Duel from them recently when it was sold for 30% off, and the box I received was also thrashed.  So, i've had two experiences in a row with them where they seemed to have sent me returned items.  

Thanks.  I'm just wondering if I might be having a string of bad luck with amazon of late.  For years, I never had a problem and always received items in great condition.  But lately, that's not been the case.  I forgot that I also ordered a Final Jedi Duel from them recently when it was sold for 30% off, and the box I received was also thrashed.  So, i've had two experiences in a row with them where they seemed to have sent me returned items.  

My experience has been similar to yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

Did anyone go in on these then? I just grabbed one at the end. I would have liked a few more but I'm not paying RRP.

Best prices I saw were Amazon Uk and It but that they had very few of them. I don´t think this set will be as hoarded as many others but neither will it be as popular.

• Like 1

I share your feelings on the popularity during its lifetime. However, like you say, it probably hasn't been hoarded as much as some other sets, so that may be a positive for the set. Like I said, I wouldn't have minded having a couple of extra sets, but I'm not going to pay full wack for 'em. I think they're pretty much gone now anyway.

4 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

I share your feelings on the popularity during its lifetime. However, like you say, it probably hasn't been hoarded as much as some other sets, so that may be a positive for the set. Like I said, I wouldn't have minded having a couple of extra sets, but I'm not going to pay full wack for 'em. I think they're pretty much gone now anyway.

Wouldn´t write it off for a BF sale. Even with the globe that´s about 20 quid off.