10244 - Fairground Mixer

Wazzapova

I really like the carnival theme so made a bumper car moc (thanks to mrs. frog for pieces)

http://community.brickpicker.com/gallery/album/175-bobs-mocs/

turned out good enough will make two more and an arena

Nice design; even has the antenna bit for electricity sticking up. I'm trying to remember but don't those bumper car areas have something like eight cars?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

from what I remember there were 8 but two always were in the corner and one would cr@p out and be stuck in the middle (mine). I made a arena on ldd on a 32x32 and 4 seems to be more all that fit. when the fairground mixer comes out I guess I'll have to try to make a big-rig to carry them too

Guest TabbyBoy

10244 is starting to grow on me but, I think we have plenty of time to wait for the inevitable discounts from the volume sellers unless this ends up being a true exclusive.  I also can't wait to get my grubby paws on Ecto-1 (well... a pallet load of them!).

I expect The Mixer to inspire a new round of MOCs. I can't wait to see even more people add-on to the carnival idea.

That`s a very likely probability! I sub creator theme with carnival rides would be fantastic, and I`m sure a bit hit amongst Lego fans. Pretty sure if they do do a theme it will depend on the success of this set first, but that shouldn`t be an issue. The Fairground set look stunning!

That`s a very likely probability! I sub creator theme with carnival rides would be fantastic, and I`m sure a bit hit amongst Lego fans. Pretty sure if they do do a theme it will depend on the success of this set first, but that shouldn`t be an issue. The Fairground set look stunning!

I like the idea of a sub-theme with all these different carnival rides. It would be awesome if all the different rides from all the sets had the ability to be put on one or two trucks. That would be amazing. You would have a whole mobile carnival.

from what I remember there were 8 but two always were in the corner and one would cr@p out and be stuck in the middle (mine). I made a arena on ldd on a 32x32 and 4 seems to be more all that fit. when the fairground mixer comes out I guess I'll have to try to make a big-rig to carry them too

Yeah, trying to accommodate real world details down into minifigure size is tricky. If you go the way of making the build look very realistic then it ends up being too big and if you go completely minifigure scale then it can seem too small and not convincing by comparison. Finding that perfect blend between the two is a pain but definitely pays off when finally achieved.

800px-Wheeler_Dealer_Bumper_Cars.JPG

I expect The Mixer to inspire a new round of MOCs. I can't wait to see even more people add-on to the carnival idea.

Some old builds but they do show interest in the concept of a Lego carnival for sure.

Twist-n-Whirl

Zipper

1279828593m_DISPLAY.jpg

Flying Bobs

bf02_flying_bobs1.jpg

Tribant

1198065927_DISPLAY.jpg

Just called Lego store.

"Do you have 10244 on stock? "

"Hold on..."hey coworker, when are we putting this set " ...(hold music....)

"Ok, yeah, VIP early access may 15th or 16th we'll put em out"

"Thanks!"

So they're in stock already I assume. Hmmm?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Just called Lego store.

"Thanks!"

Exactly - Lego Store employees probably have access to them early, use their discount to buy 2-4 and sell them on eBay for awesome ROI. 

Just called Lego store.

"Thanks!"

If that's the case then that confirms that 10244 will be the May 15th release set rather then the Ecto-1. 

If that's the case then that confirms that 10244 will be the May 15th release set rather then the Ecto-1. 

But then why would a VIP buy them in May and not wait until the June promotion which goes so nicely with the set?

If a coaster fairgrounds set was made, it could be the Wild Mouse. It can come in three trucks and would only require a motor to bring the cars up and gravity can take care of getting the cars careening over the edges like the real coaster.

post-36419-0-11473900-1399637747_thumb.j

• Like 3