I Love It! Thread

exciter1

48 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Today I'm buying shipping boxes for the first time.  I have bigger sets to send in and need double-walls, so I'm forced to buy boxes.  And this makes me very happy.  Tomorrow also marks 1-year since I created by BP account just to see the threads for SAH BF deals.  Here I am, 800+ posts later...

One piece of advice, buy correct sized boxes, even if they are more expensive you will save a crap ton of time when packaging, I took the cheap option and only bought one size box, and it is an absolute pain cutting the box up to size, I wish I just paid few pennies more and got correct size and avoid the whole cutting box scenario.

I also ship double wall boxes for most "big" sets i.e. UCS / Modulars size etc

As again it is worth paying more for piece of mind knowing those sets are extra protected. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

One piece of advice, buy correct sized boxes, even if they are more expensive you will save a crap ton of time when packaging, I took the cheap option and only bought one size box, and it is an absolute pain cutting the box up to size, I wish I just paid few pennies more and got correct size and avoid the whole cutting box scenario.

As again it is worth paying more for piece of mind knowing those sets are extra protected. 

I agree, I basically have 4 main sizes:

35x35x8cm - "Pizza Box" (Eg. CITY helicopters & Scooby Doo Mystery Machine) - 15p each

45x35x12cm single wall - 2/3 height Royal Mail Small Parcel (Eg. CITY vehicles, Doctor Who, Ecto1, TBBT & WALL-E) - 15p each as I bought 1,000 of them!

61x45x16cm double wall - 1/3 height Royal Mail Medium Parcel (Eg. Trains, Large CITY & medium Technic) - 60p each

75x60x20cm heavy duty double wall - Too big for Royal Mail (expensive anyway) so I use various couriers like DPD/Yodel (Eg. Modulars, Large Technic & UCS) - £3 each

Trust me... double-walled boxes are the minimum for large sets as no courier will care for the set any more than you do!

If you have custom boxes made, it's worth ordering as many as you can store to keep costs down. I do get given some PC, laptop & monitor boxes which are great.

I also keep all scrunched up kraft paper, old newspapers, air-bags, loose fill (like the tasteless Wotsits!) and bubble-wrap so it's cheap enough to fill in any gaps in the boxes.

15 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

It really depends on what kind of sets you've purchased to resell, but what I did was make a spreadsheet with all the box sizes. HxWxL From there, I used some Excel math magic to round up to full numbers and then picked four sizes that generally fit most of what I have fairly well.

FWIW I picked these sizes (all in inches) but wish I had some that fit Raptor Escape and other square boxes better.

24x20x4
24x16x4
20x12x3
12x8x3

I don't bother with double-walled boxes since generally all of my big sets are sold in Canada and the biggies more often locally. In the past, for some more expensive sets I've sold in bulk, I buy the individual moving boxes which have a much higher crush rating and create a double wall myself.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I love it when the QFLLs sell a 60080 Spaceport on eBay for only £32 posted when they can be more patient and get >£60 + P&P next year like I will be - idiots!

18 minutes ago, gregpj said:

It really depends on what kind of sets you've purchased to resell, but what I did was make a spreadsheet with all the box sizes. HxWxL From there, I used some Excel math magic to round up to full numbers and then picked four sizes that generally fit most of what I have fairly well.

FWIW I picked these sizes (all in inches) but wish I had some that fit Raptor Escape and other square boxes better.

24x20x4
24x16x4
20x12x3
12x8x3

I don't bother with double-walled boxes since generally all of my big sets are sold in Canada and the biggies more often locally. In the past, for some more expensive sets I've sold in bulk, I buy the individual moving boxes which have a much higher crush rating and create a double wall myself.

15x15x4 is good for the large square sets, if a little big for the smaller squares (Raptor Escape). Right now I'm using 24x16x4 for the large squares, but will order the 15x15 when a Staples deal rolls around again...

If you deal in small sets, I think 8x6x4 is absolutely essential!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Furious_george said:

I love it when I order 2 x 75915 pteranodon  from LEGO Shop at Home......

and they send me 4. :)

The 3 interns who were executed for the mistake may not have shared your sentiment.

I wonder if Oz will be served by the Chinese factory now, logistically it would make more sense. Do you get the US style boxes with part number or the Euro ones?

Conflicted on where to put this.  I love it that my son still watches Star Wars Clone Wars the series.  I hate it that he keeps asking for toys they don't make anymore.  I'm glad I picked up a few extra regular clone blasters and Rex's pistols.  Now he wants this and it's $250+ from anyone NIB.  Used it is! Spoiled kids...

Image result for star wars build blaster

Image result for star wars build blaster

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Conflicted on where to put this.  I love it that my son still watches Star Wars Clone Wars the series.  I hate it that he keeps asking for toys they don't make anymore.  I'm glad I picked up a few extra regular clone blasters and Rex's pistols.  Now he wants this and it's $250+ from anyone NIB.  Used it is! Spoiled kids...

When my daughter was two, she watched a youtube video with this constantly.  She loved it and it was the only thing she wanted for her birthday.  $160 later (congrats to that ebay seller), she got her $20 Play Doh set.  That was my first experience with the crazy prices of retired toys.  And now here I am :)

https://www.amazon.com/Play-Doh-Cookie-Monster-Letter-Lunch/dp/B0043WCH3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484084013&sr=8-1&keywords=play+doh+cookie+monster

• Like 5