I Love It! Thread

exciter1

11 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

After watching Revenge of the Sith for the umpteenth time I've come to the conclusion that it is my 4th favorite Star Wars film after the OT. Don't @ me!

Are you including Rogue One and Solo or just the Skywalker/Palpatine films?  I would probably put it behind Force Awakens if we leave out Rogue One and Solo.

Are you including Rogue One and Solo or just the Skywalker/Palpatine films?  I would probably put it behind Force Awakens if we leave out Rogue One and Solo.

I’m curious to know, too. I rewatched RO the other day, and I find that I love that film. At the moment, it’s #4 behind the OT.

I haven’t watched the PT in ages. I really need to again.
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m curious to know, too. I rewatched RO the other day, and I find that I love that film. At the moment, it’s #4 behind the OT.

Attack of the Clones is just a hard watch in my opinion, some of the special effects didn't hold up well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

Attack of the Clones is just a hard watch in my opinion, some of the special effects didn't hold up well.

I just watched it again over the weekend and had the exact same thought.  For a Star Wars movie under Lucas, I felt like some of the special effects were phoned in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I enjoyed Rogue One and Solo but no I don't include them. They're after-thoughts and stand-alones to be judged by themselves as far as I am concerned.

The entire sequence of events from the point where Anakin goes to Mustafar till the unveiling of Vader, and everything between, is what sealed Revenge of the Sith for me.

The Force Awakens would be my 5th favorite... I guess. 6th and 7th can be debated for me... probably Clones and then Skywalker...

But what I do know without a doubt is that I absolutely hate loathe Phantom menace and TLJ.

1 minute ago, KvHulk said:

I enjoyed Rogue One and Solo but no I don't include them. They're after-thoughts and stand-alones to be judged by themselves as far as I am concerned.

The entire sequence of events from the point where Anakin goes to Mustafar till the unveiling of Vader, and everything between, is what sealed Revenge of the Sith for me.

The Force Awakens would be my 5th favorite... I guess. 6th and 7th can be debated for me... probably Clones and then Skywalker...

But what I do know without a doubt is that I absolutely hate loathe Phantom menace and TLJ.

I have fond memories of the hype surrounding Phantom Menace.  Sure I was let down when I came out of the theater and marinated on it, but the experience of going to see the movies with high school buddies that were also Star Wars fans was one I still smile about.  I didn't go see either other prequel in the theater so that says something about my enthusiasm after the movie.

1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

Not to mention the dialog.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KvHulk said:

It was JarJar that kills it right? A character that basically slaps you over ad over  that it's all make believe for kids and taking anything seriously is asinine

On 3/25/2020 at 11:12 AM, Alpinemaps said:

I'm a huge OT fanboy but the Vader scene in RO is my favorite Star Wars scene of all time.  The movie itself doesn't eclipse the OT, but that scene is by far my favorite.

My favorite Star Wars experiences?

1. Rise of the Resistance.  Do not watch reviews or spoilers on YouTube if you plan to go.  The surprise is worth it.

6,749,243: Waiting 3 hours for a Geeki Tiki Rancor mug at Star Wars Celebration Chicago after (a) they never checked/scanned badgers upon entry and (b) you could buy them easily online a few months later. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KvHulk said:

What?

JarJar represents all that was awful about the prequels in a single character in terms of concept, storyline, plot, dialog, and execution.  The fact that such a character was even considered by the decision makers was a critical flaw that was only going to undermine the whole project...and it did.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To be fair, I have been eating the dip with LateJuly multigrain chips, which I consider better than average.  I need to get the Walmart generic tortilla chips to truly test the sauce :D
Sea-Salt-MG-890444000564.png

Try it with these!  This is what they were sampling it with when I first bought it.  back in the days of sampling anyway.  but I digress . . .

miltons.jpg