Lego store Clerks?

maxgc53

Sales are sales weather your selling plutonium or Legos. Their just doing their job, trying to engage you and upsell. Every boss loves an employee that trying to follow direction. My dentist is a lot like me, even though we're in very different businesses. Always trying to upsell me.

Sales are sales weather your selling plutonium or Legos. Their just doing their job, trying to engage you and upsell. Every boss loves an employee that trying to follow direction. My dentist is a lot like me, even though we're in very different businesses. Always trying to upsell me.

I take it you now have a platinum grill?

• Like 1

Most of the stuff people are complaining about here regarding LEGO stores is script they have to say or ask. They get secret shoppers a couple times a month and if they don't ask those questions they get bad scores, which also impact bonuses.

Personally, I don't like having "welcome to (insert almost any store name here)" yelled at me from across the room. The first couple times it happened at a store I thought it was cool, but now that it happens everywhere it's just annoying. It's kind of like how the employees at Chik-fil-A have to say "my pleasure" instead of "you're welcome". First time it's nice to hear something different. After you realize it's just what they are told to say so everyone says it, it loses it's meaning and jut becomes another script.

• Like 1

You guys need to shop at Kmarts where no employee ever give a **** about you, even AFTER you ask for help :D

My KMart actually blocks off the clearance aisle with carts full of crap every Friday.  Once, I started moving the carts right in front of an employee, and they just watched me without asking if I wanted any help.  It's a weird place.  The toy section is right next to the backroom door, and I stood in front of the Transformers stuff for about 20 minutes trying to decide which ones to pick up.  At least 30 times someone went past me, and never once was I asked if I needed anything.

Next week, I need to take some phone picks of the storage bins in the clearance section.  They are completely smooshed and packed with random crap that was either broken when it when in or when it was packed too tightly with other stuff.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ive only had two bad experiences, both were when buying large quantities of the same recently retired sets, most recently the Kingdoms chess set and the TC-14 polybag minifig. They were cranky with me but not much they could do to stop me other than limit me to the 5x of one item per transaction. Which, is hard to enforce when the store is super busy and you can just go to different registers/cashiers

• 3 weeks later...

Ive only had two bad experiences, both were when buying large quantities of the same recently retired sets, most recently the Kingdoms chess set and the TC-14 polybag minifig. They were cranky with me but not much they could do to stop me other than limit me to the 5x of one item per transaction. Which, is hard to enforce when the store is super busy and you can just go to different registers/cashiers

They are probably upset because they view what they sell as being for teens and youth to open and play with, not for older people with money to buy up and flip for a profit on Craigslist or Ebay.