Lego store Clerks?

maxgc53

Can you give an example of how you have blown someone's mind in your retail setting?

I work in auto parts and help people diagnose and fix their vehicles every day. This includes many that need the step by step instruction that probably shouldn't be working on anything themselves to begin with.

"our president does class warfare" and then in the same breath u say u didn't want this to be a class warfare thing but u have no problem attacking the current president.....JUST WOW

No lets turn this into political warfare!  LOL, surely he was joking...No?

Nope, I wasn't joking. I was pointing out what I thought I was a ludicrous statement.

Maxgc53 said "Look I never wanted this thread to turn into a class warfare....our president does enough of that as it is"

From my point of view, he was stating that he didn't want to take this topic into something controversial...........but..... throwing out a political controversial jab at the president is perfectly fine 

That is just crazy to state that you don't want a topic to veer off and then throw out a controversial political statement.

Sorry you didn't get my point and still might not.

...hey, maxgc53... how old are you!?... no wonder you're not a reseller, you're just a kid... you've been BUSTED and lying about the whole incident... I just hate it when people twist the truth and use it to their advantage...

...you already got an MM on a previous purchase and got pissed at ponytail when you were told of TLC's policy of 'one per household when you made that 2nd purchase?... your friend who used to work at the store in Hillsdale?... for all we know he may have been fired for stealing some figs or such...

...you heard it folks, all these nonsense because this kid whines for not getting a second MM... something was nagging me and decided to 'investigate' and found the truth... now that the truth is out, the whole store knows about YOU... I sure wish you get black listed from that store... next time you make something up, try to remember KARMA...

...hey, maxgc53... how old are you!?... no wonder you're not a reseller, you're just a kid... you've been BUSTED and lying about the whole incident... I just hate it when people twist the truth and use it to their advantage...

...you already got an MM on a previous purchase and got pissed at ponytail when you were told of TLC's policy of 'one per household when you made that 2nd purchase?... your friend who used to work at the store in Hillsdale?... for all we know he may have been fired for stealing some figs or such...

...you heard it folks, all these nonsense because this kid whines for not getting a second MM... something was nagging me and decided to 'investigate' and found the truth... now that the truth is out, the whole store knows about YOU... I sure wish you get black listed from that store... next time you make something up, try to remember KARMA...

Legodad: PI.  Busting rumours, lies and downright deceit on Brickpicker since 2014.  Available for hire now!  No investigation too paltry or insignificant.

• Like 1

Lmao. I just had to call in to report my bad experience to Lego direct, and they sent me a martian manhunter anyways.

And are you saying I made it up? It's spend over $75 and get a Martian Manhunter. Look at lego LEGO Shop at Home people got multiples..Do you not understand?

Lmao. I just had to call in to report my bad experience to Lego direct, and they sent me a martian manhunter anyways.

And are you saying I made it up? It's spend over $75 and get a Martian Manhunter. Look at lego LEGO Shop at Home people got multiples..Do you not understand?

Good to know that you finally got your MM. I don't think it is right to accuse people without any proof. Refusing to give you something that you rightly deserved because of a false accusation is just wrong.

Something else I thought of, does anyone think that this ponytail guy is the same one that was on the east coast last year. From what I have read there seems to be a lot of similarities between the two.

when i bought a winter village cottage in january the manager came and whispered to the employee make sure to ask him who it's for. I was really pissed to be asked such a question.It's none of their business.(It was only the second time i have ever been in that store so it's not like they knew me). She tweaked the question and asked me if it's for me .I just told her not for me I'm too old for lego but it definitely would make me think twice about going in there again.

Not taking one side or the other, but just to play devil's advocate, maybe the manager was reminding his employee to engage the customer to increase sales, for example, to remind them to ask who it's for as a sales tactic.  You know, like how behind the cash register, some stores will post reminders to "1. smile. 2. ask if you want to super size it."  When i went to the Lego store to buy a set, one of the staff asked me who was it for. I replied it was for my son (which it was), and he then asked me how old he was.  Now knowing the age range, he then proceeded to suggest some other themes or toys that were for a similar age range or interest.  I didn't see anything nefarious in this, just a way for them to generate interest in other themes that a customer might not otherwise have bought, or to be helpful.

Just a thought...

Not taking one side or the other, but just to play devil's advocate, maybe the manager was reminding his employee to engage the customer to increase sales, for example, to remind them to ask who it's for as a sales tactic. You know, like how behind the cash register, some stores will post reminders to "1. smile. 2. ask if you want to super size it." When i went to the Lego store to buy a set, one of the staff asked me who was it for. I replied it was for my son (which it was), and he then asked me how old he was. Now knowing the age range, he then proceeded to suggest some other themes or toys that were for a similar age range or interest. I didn't see anything nefarious in this, just a way for them to generate interest in other themes that a customer might not otherwise have bought, or to be helpful.

Just a thought...

Ding Ding Ding.

Asking who the item is for, is a great way to engage the customer and be able to suggest additional add on items. Perhaps paranoia of being labeled a dreaded reseller and (gasp) guilt are coloring how we perceive these interactions?

I have a vested dislike of clerks grilling me for the upsell for any reason under any circumstances. 

Last time I was at some event they'd stationed a clipboard fascist at the exit to demand of every attendee, by hurling themselves bodily in front of same, "what brought you to our event today?"

I told them it was a condition of my parole. It was a toss-up between that and telling them I'd lost a bet.

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

Ding Ding Ding.

Asking who the item is for, is a great way to engage the customer and be able to suggest additional add on items. Perhaps paranoia of being labeled a dreaded reseller and (gasp) guilt are coloring how we perceive these interactions?

Yep, I get asked every single time I go into the LEGO store who I'm shopping for.  My brief stint at Gap I was hounded by the managers to approach everyone and ask what they're looking for.  One of my college serving jobs I had to try to get the person's name and use it at least once.  It's ridiculous the hoops some companies make their employees jump through.  Which is why I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.....even when I've been asked by 5 different people in a 5 minute span whether they can help me find anything.  :wacko: Then I make a mental note to wear headphones so they can't talk to me.

Eff off and ring me out; you can be replaced by a machine, which I'd prefer.

Many years ago, a local taco bell near me actually installed kiosks in the store with touch screens to place orders.  It displayed ALL the menu items, including stuff that isn't on the regular menu board, as you added items to your order they had a customize button you could touch and it would accurately show you what was in each item so you could remove things and showed the entire list of things you could possibly add.  Everything had little pictures of what it was as well as names, it was absolutely wonderful.  Those couple of months that they had them, have been the only time in my entire life that I could customize my order and have some chance of actually getting it just as I ordered.

Sadly, they removed them because customers complained that they were too difficult to use...   <_<

Yep, I get asked every single time I go into the LEGO store who I'm shopping for.  My brief stint at Gap I was hounded by the managers to approach everyone and ask what they're looking for.  One of my college serving jobs I had to try to get the person's name and use it at least once.  It's ridiculous the hoops some companies make their employees jump through.  Which is why I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.....even when I've been asked by 5 different people in a 5 minute span whether they can help me find anything.  :wacko: Then I make a mental note to wear headphones so they can't talk to me.

Ding Ding Ding.

This is almost assuredly what's going on 90% of the time.

I've even had a Lego store employee tell me that he likes to know which sets customers think go well with other sets so he can recommend combo purchases.

They're not all trying to figure out if you're a quick flipping low life, most are just trained to be engaging sales people. They get graded on that sort of thing, and they ALWAYS beg you to fill out a customer survey.