Lego store Clerks?

maxgc53

Had you gotten one yet? If you have, then no, they don't.

Nuff out of you .. stop trolling a lego reseller/investor forum .. trying to play the "good guy" .. Do I feel bad for the 90 hearse I purchsed? Simply put no .. I beat you to it so whine cry all you want while I make profits .. had you got the deal before me would I whine and cry? No I would get over it .. Ive missed tons of deals due to being to slow ( do I cry and QQ on the forums no .. I move along and wait for the next deal).

I wouldn't have bought 90 Hearses, even with multiple accounts, I don't want to be banned.

How is suggesting people follow clearly stated rules and treat others with respect "trolling"?

Well first of all .. by reselling lego/investing (assuming thats why you are posting on a lego forum where we resell/invest in legos) you are not following lego policies .. maybe you might not be like me and doing it on a large scale because you simply do not have the funds .. the pot calling the kettle black *google it*

p.s - According to your philosophy as long as you break the rules alittle its ok .. but hey look at that mean bad reseller iketart over there hes a bad man .. but as long as I just break the policy alittle its ok for me to be a total hypocrite towards all other brickpicker members and tell everyone how righteous you because you only break the rules alittle. Even if you resell 1 or 1,000 or even 1,000,000  lego sets technically you are still going against TLG policies.

LEGOs policies only apply if you buy from Lego. I really don't care how much you buy or sell, only that if you abuse a policy and get busted for it...you have no right to complain. That and do not take out you anger on some poor retail employee. I've seen it too many times from the other side. Your a big shot. Cool. I'm very happy for you. No sarcasm at all. Just don't be an a$$ about it. Seriously. No sarcasm.

LEGOs policies only apply if you buy from Lego. I really don't care how much you buy or sell, only that if you abuse a policy and get busted for it...you have no right to complain. That and do not take out you anger on some poor retail employee. I've seen it too many times from the other side. Your a big shot. Cool. I'm very happy for you. No sarcasm at all. Just don't be an a$$ about it. Seriously. No sarcasm.

So your telling me its ok to buy hundreds of sets of legos  from walmart / target and other retail outlets and resell it as long as I didnt get it from lego directly .. does that even make sense to you? Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

Lego policies are just out of sync. if I am spending 150 bucks and there is a free gift I am going to want that free gift every time I spend that 150 bucks. PERIOD. It is just freaking weird to offer a free gift for spending a bunch of money(which is what entices people to buy with big bucks) and then say...."you only get the free gift once for spending the big bucks, now can up please spend the big bucks again and not get the free gift.......thank you for shopping at the lego store."

And there is no "limited" amount of the poly bag. They can make more ..period.....they can also predict how much they will need. This isn't the first popular poly bag.

So your telling me its ok to buy hundreds of sets of legos  from walmart / target and other retail outlets and resell it as long as I didnt get it from lego directly .. does that even make sense to you? Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

As far as LEGOs ability to track and/or ban you? Yes. Are you that dense? Or just trolling?

Night.

As far as LEGOs ability to track and/or ban you? Yes. Are you that dense? Or just trolling?

Night.

So your telling me as long as lego doesn't catch us its ok to resell legos .. everything have said makes no sense .. one moment you are against reselling lego .. next you are telling me its ok to sell lego as long as its not purchased directly from lego .. and now you are telling me as long as they cant track resellers its ok? Next time think before you post on a public forum .. im sorry I had to make a example out of you .. but trying to act all righteous on a lego reseller/investment forum is gonig to warrent you this kind of response .. next time refrain from typing without thinking first. That is all good night.

Lego as a company has every right to make policies about their product. If they decide to make a policy that you are only supposed to receive a single promotion per household it seems like they should have the right to do that. Now, it doesn't seem like they are enforcing that rule very well, but you can hardly get so bent out of shape and indignant if a lower level employee decides to uphold a policy that has been handed down to him from the powers that be.

• Like 1

Lego as a company has every right to make policies about their product. If they decide to make a policy that you are only supposed to receive a single promotion per household it seems like they should have the right to do that. Now, it doesn't seem like they are enforcing that rule very well, but you can hardly get so bent out of shape and indignant if a lower level employee decides to uphold a policy that has been handed down to him from the powers that be.

Based on this thread, apparently you can.

The Lego store employees at my mall strut around like they work at the Apple Store.  There are a few that are friendly, but the Christmas time workers were pretty obnoxious. I'm the last person they would think is a reseller -- I go in with my kids and have only purchased 10 or so items from them in the last 5 years.  But they still manage to look irritated when I have a question or ask if they have any product in the back that might not be on display.  Once, when I was doing a build with my daughter, I asked a worker if they had any different Pick a Bricks in the back, since 3 of the wall containers were empty.  He said "Not likely." 

I told him I was looking for pink plates for something I was making with my kids, and he returned "I said not likely."  I understand that they were busy, and it was Christmas time, but that was just freakin bad form from someone in his position.  I take no pity on workers like that.    

• Like 2

In the last 6 months I've noticed that if I buy 3 of anything at my local lego store without fail they will ask me "so who are these for?"  and I immediately want to say "they're for your mom!" but I haven't, just yet.

when i bought a winter village cottage in january the manager came and whispered to the employee make sure to ask him who it's for. I was really pissed to be asked such a question.It's none of their business.(It was only the second time i have ever been in that store so it's not like they knew me). She tweaked the question and asked me if it's for me .I just told her not for me I'm too old for lego but it definitely would make me think twice about going in there again.

I think this thread has entered the Twilight Zone, when someone can, in 40 hours a week make 30k plus w/ benefits without even a high school diploma and is looked down upon for doing it and the ability to move up within a large company is considered a "go-nowhere job" things are just backward. Many of us thrive on " being our own boss" and doing our own thing. That's not for everyone. Some like a more steady paycheck and the simplicity of a W-2 instead a schedule C and an accountant.. Of course some will take advantage, but those don't last very long. It's much easier to police ones own employees than ones customers. Show some damn courtesy and maybe even a little respect for the working retail stiffs.

They wouldnt risk their minimum wage job? lol ... They are prob. making boatloads of money esp. during the 41999 fiasco .. pretty sure alot of empoloyees had some shady things going on behind the scenes.

I've heard from fine folks on this site that have caught Lego Store employees in person selling stuff on Craigslist. I'm sure it happens all the time.

Wow, what a spirited discussion. I've only been to Lego store twice, distance makes it hard. I'm not defending Lego policy or people who abuse their position but, I do take issue with the "go nowhere job" title. I was brought up being taught I should always have respect for a honest, hard working man(women) weather they running the country or cleaning toilets. As you should have theirs. No worker should be looked down on even if they don't share your aspirations.

• Like 9

Wow, what a spirited discussion. I've only been to Lego store twice, distance makes it hard. I'm not defending Lego policy or people who abuse their position but, I do take issue with the "go nowhere job" title. I was brought up being taught I should always have respect for a honest, hard working man(women) weather they running the country or cleaning toilets. As you should have theirs. No worker should be looked down on even if they don't share your aspirations.

Finally someone making some sense.

Thank you jim and fcb101. I've been in retail since I was 16. I've done other things as well but have settled in to retail store management. I have a degree and choose to do this. Unfortunately I have also dealt with the elitists who think that sitting in an office making a few thousand a year more than me makes them better than people in retail. It really blows their mind when I help them fix something that they cannot even grasp.

Back to topic though, these are employees taking this policy too far. Customer service should be at the top of their list. There is obviously an issue between the corporate culture and what is being disseminated through the retail outlets. If you do have a bad experience please for your sake and TLGs sake do the survey. If TLG is anything like my company they take these surveys and other customer satisfaction metrics very seriously.

Honestly though. The only time I buy anything from the lego store is an exclusive or PAB. They are always nice to me and even chat me up sometimes. Just my two cents.

Look I never wanted this thread to turn into class warfare...our president does enough of that as it is..

This is just about a lego store employee taking his job way too seriously, and forgetting what is important...To treat customers fairly and entice the customers to come back. Which they didn't do a good job of

• Like 1