My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are 100% tracking IP, devices and flagging your address.

Every time you contact support through chat they say "submit the same order on the same device" or "have you used this payment method on a different account". This is them telling you they are tracking your devices information (resolution, browser, cookies, IP, etc) and payments.

I created an account with a unique credit card, different name,  same shipping destination, on a new PC. I was able to get one order through then was flagged.

In order safely get around this, you will have to keep your orders of items to 12 or less. Have a new IP that isn't flagged. A new credit card and a new shipping address. Your name shouldn't matter but to be safe i'd find yourself a new GF.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Well, in theory, with similar buying habits, any new account will be banned as well.

1 hour ago, redcell said:

I have been testing the new restriction out and it looks to be a pretty hard barrier that is specific to Lego.  Given the amount of time between when the order is placed and when it is cancelled, it almost appears like they are doing manual reviews of those orders.  I have been successful in getting orders through Express and just got a shipping notice on the largest order that I've placed to date which was for 10 copies of 7 different sets.  But I've had every order cancelled that I placed through two different accounts with different credit cards and have one that has been pending for 2 days through another that was placed with a new credit card, but was to be shipped to an existing address.  Next step is to get a new credit card and a new shipping address to see if they're tracking IP addresses.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Well, using IP is dumb nowadays.  Everyone is using a VPN, proxy, or mobile devices.

Its just a part of there verification process. There is plenty of information to track on mobile users as well. They are tracking you through cookies and cached data so if you log into a locked account make sure to clear your Walmart browsing data before logging into a clean account.

From a programmatic standpoint verifying orders is an extremely simple process. I'm sure their ancient systems make it more complicated but ultimately it'd take a small team of 3-4 developers a couple months to implement. Tolerances around order frequency, quantity, amount. Cross check database of offenders to match some key values.

Like I mentioned previously the landscape of reselling is going to change if more stores move to restrictions like this.

31 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Its just a part of there verification process. There is plenty of information to track on mobile users as well. They are tracking you through cookies and cached data so if you log into a locked account make sure to clear your Walmart browsing data before logging into a clean account.

From a programmatic standpoint verifying orders is an extremely simple process. I'm sure their ancient systems make it more complicated but ultimately it'd take a small team of 3-4 developers a couple months to implement. Tolerances around order frequency, quantity, amount. Cross check database of offenders to match some key values.

Like I mentioned previously the landscape of reselling is going to change if more stores move to restrictions like this.

black friday fisticuffs and roving gangs of lego hoarding youth and elderly.  coming to walmart near you.

thank goodness target's shipping dept got to work just now and a wave a gc txts just blew up my phone .  time to get hitting final round of instore pickups heading into the close.  at least i know where my cash funneled through a red card is accepted.  sam walton would be rolling over in his grave if he knew we were being denied.

i am  certain walmart can track your instore purchases made with a card linked to your account and see that you spent six figures on clearance LEGO in the last year at their stores on top of whatever you get online.

hopefully this is a holiday tool to keep availability for regular customers and not a poor long term business decision.

Edited by cladner

My latest order that included 1 lego set and 2 packs of scotch tape refills was canceled in full (even the tape). 

If I have to purchase everything in store, Walmart is going to lose all my business. I use in-store pickup to avoid the wrath of my wife when piles of boxes show up, but I can't stand the incompetence that is the norm when shopping in store. 

1 minute ago, SageFly said:

My latest order that included 1 lego set and 2 packs of scotch tape refills was canceled in full (even the tape). 

If I have to purchase everything in store, Walmart is going to lose all my business. I use in-store pickup to avoid the wrath of my wife when piles of boxes show up, but I can't stand the incompetence that is the norm when shopping in store. 

Target and TRU both tried this approach only to backtrack later on ... Walmart is blind to think Timmy and his cat are gonna buy that many products.

Not sure where to post this.  Always a good way to start a post.  Anywho.  I had an order cancelled from Lego.com, I used paypal to pay.  The money was taken out of my paypal acct. and the transaction is Pending till Lego fulfills the order.

I'm wondering if this will resolve itself or if I have to contact lego and put the eye of sauron on my many many orders of the same things.

BTW, my order was cancelled because I foolishly went over my limit on the winter village firehouse.  Lost count.  Eeeeee.

13 minutes ago, Solsbury18 said:

just got my Diagon Alley in the mail and it was smashed as well as the Xmas box. Man I'm pissed

Yup the bricks are probably ruined. Trash it.

Seriously though  this will just cost you a buck or two if reselling. If building who cares. Don't let it bug you too much. 

edit - Sorry for thread derail. This belongs in diagon thread. Or boo hoo my box got smooshed thread. 

Edited by marcandre

Yup the bricks are probably ruined. Trash it.
Seriously though  this will just cost you a buck or two if reselling. If building who cares. Don't let it bug you too much. 
edit - Sorry for thread derail. This belongs in diagon thread. Or boo hoo my box got smooshed thread. 

Ok, I might have overreacted. I can build it and it will be fine. But I was looking to sell it to offset the cost of the $99 item I got for Christmas. Damaged box hurts resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

8 minutes ago, Solsbury18 said:

Ok, I might have overreacted. I can build it and it will be fine. But I was looking to sell it to offset the cost of the $99 item I got for Christmas. Damaged box hurts resale.

Yeh.  It's a pain.  You just have to sell it's as "used" then explain it's new in box but the box is dented.  Then take the hit on the resale value.  OR that's the one you give to the kids.  Rudolph steps on all of my kids presents.

• Like 4

To the guy who got the damaged Diagon Alley in his SAH order (I can’t figure out where that comment went), man you’re looking at it all the wrong way. Call customer care and tell them about it. They’ll almost certainly send you another one. Then you’ve got one to build and one to sell. 

8 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

To the guy who got the damaged Diagon Alley in his SAH order (I can’t figure out where that comment went), man you’re looking at it all the wrong way. Call customer care and tell them about it. They’ll almost certainly send you another one. Then you’ve got one to build and one to sell. 

It went to the correct thread.

It was me, I'll reach out. It was a pretty good deal so I don’t want to get to upset about it.

I agree it's frustrating, and also that they should be more careful.
However, I'm in the boat that it won't affect much.
I would still consider it new, but I prefer to list actual pictures so there's no surprises on condition.

With any other product I buy, my next and only thought after seeing a dinged up box is, "Boy, I hope the actual item inside is OK."
I understand there's collectors among us that value the box, but for most people, it's not what people are actually paying for.

Edited by lodibricks

1 hour ago, calmdahn said:

Well, thanks for the advice on reaching out. They were very helpful. Although they were out of the Diagon Alley set they said they’d send me two Christmas Boxes instead. 

• Like 1

So I had to drive to Panera Bread with my laptop and use my Moms card and address so they dont ban her account. Just to buy 5 Lego. Crazy times. 

No kidding. Well I guess on the bright side, everything should remain in stock long enough for amazon to price match going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk