My order status

Talked with Lego CS online, they didn't have another DA set to replace with, but they have me 300 VIP points. Are going to send another Pop-Up Book and a return label to send back the damaged set. They couldnt replace the promo with another promo set, but ill take 300 points. Fingers crossed the second order I placed arrives well packed.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Talked with Lego CS online, they didn't have another DA set to replace with, but they have me 300 VIP points. Are going to send another Pop-Up Book and a return label to send back the damaged set. They couldnt replace the promo with another promo set, but ill take 300 points. Fingers crossed the second order I placed arrives well packed.

Good man... in this "telephobic" World, picking up the phone is often the best solution.

13 minutes ago, PeaceBD said:

GB HQ order from Walmart placed last Friday when some were in stock for $289 got cancelled just now. It was only for 1 unit. ☹️

My 2 orders also just got cancelled. I got the "payment couldn't be verified" reason. All of my other recent orders have had no issues, but these were the last two I placed. 

Hopefully I'm not banned from toys now... :(

GB HQ order from Walmart placed last Friday when some were in stock for $289 got cancelled just now. It was only for 1 unit. 

My 2 orders also just got cancelled. I got the "payment couldn't be verified" reason. All of my other recent orders have had no issues, but these were the last two I placed. 
Hopefully I'm not banned from toys now...

Either of you go nuts on recent orders?

(i.e. multiple / large quantities)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like i joined the walmart banclub too.

i spent less than $350 at walmart on lego in the last 30 days.  no other toy purchases.

i was banned after a $67 order which included multiples of a small under $10 set.

i tried ordering a single buckingham palace with delivery - order gets cancelled 2 days later.

good thing target can't enough of my cashlove with the gc shazizzle.

my days of tax free pickups in the northern hinterlands may have drawn to a close.

Edited by cladner

Not really. I am a small buyer. But back when Ferris Wheel was available for $141. I placed 3 separate orders and one got canceled and it said “ payment cannot be verified”. So I tried placing order again which got canceled again. So I thought CC may have blocked multiple purchases for some reason.
So am tried 5th order with a different card. That got canceled too.

I did order an Airport rescue vehicle next day which got delivered today.

Just placed an order for 12 of a set, then 12 of a different set a few minutes later, then 12 of a 3rd set.  Immediately got the cancellation e-mail on the 3rd order, but nothing so far on the first 2.  That is the first cancellation i've ever had on a WM online order in the last 5 years.

There is really no explanation for this other than Walmart implemented some new and obscure logic to flag orders / accounts that meet certain thresholds. Or they have an angry lunchroom mom reviewing every order.

Lack of transparency sucks for everyone, including those who haven’t been affected yet.

There is really no explanation for this other than Walmart implemented some new and obscure logic to flag orders / accounts that meet certain thresholds. Or they have an angry lunchroom mom reviewing every order.

Lack of transparency sucks for everyone, including those who haven’t been affected yet.

It seems to be specific to Lego because I can order non-Lego products on my accounts that get Lego orders cancelled. I guess it's not too surprising...with no quantity limits, good discounts, and allowing tax exemptions, they have basically been acting like a Lego wholesaler for the past few years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

47 minutes ago, redcell said:

I've managed to get some orders through WM by going through Google Express. Only lets me order 10 at a time, but it's better than nothing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

same here.  orders placed through ge have shipped while walmart orders spend a day or two in limbo before getting rejected.  i am hitting this portal lightly for stuff i can't get from target who is taking everything i'm giving.

i am wondering if this is a temporary holiday restriction to discourage qfll from hoarding up all the black friday deals as has been the custom for the last half decade lol to prevent mass hoarding of whatever creative brick tower is the black friday special this year.

all you BTP who haven't been banned - go ahead and put back to back orders of some set in and get back to us if you got banned or if BTPness allowed you to transcend walmarts banning algo.  ? 

this will just mean more hand to hand combat in store to obtain necessary stock levels.

001p.png.79756cdecb480d0dd0e8424ba5d1256c.png

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

Several thousands on Lego over the past 4 weeks. Most were through a cashback site with 10% back. Going to try another order with no cash back to see what happens.

12 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

units or $$?

Thousands of $$, with a few orders being 50-60 sets.

I just finished chatting with someone from Walmart.com and they acknowledged a restriction on my account, but they couldn't provide me with any details. They stated that they don't have access. They recommended I purchase in store... If the sets I wanted were available in store, I'd be happy to do that, but most of the sets aren't available.

33 minutes ago, SageFly said:

Thousands of $$, with a few orders being 50-60 sets.

I just finished chatting with someone from Walmart.com and they acknowledged a restriction on my account, but they couldn't provide me with any details. They stated that they don't have access. They recommended I purchase in store... If the sets I wanted were available in store, I'd be happy to do that, but most of the sets aren't available.

I have been testing the new restriction out and it looks to be a pretty hard barrier that is specific to Lego.  Given the amount of time between when the order is placed and when it is cancelled, it almost appears like they are doing manual reviews of those orders.  I have been successful in getting orders through Express and just got a shipping notice on the largest order that I've placed to date which was for 10 copies of 7 different sets.  But I've had every order cancelled that I placed through two different accounts with different credit cards and have one that has been pending for 2 days through another that was placed with a new credit card, but was to be shipped to an existing address.  Next step is to get a new credit card and a new shipping address to see if they're tracking IP addresses.

1 minute ago, redcell said:

I have been testing the new restriction out and it looks to be a pretty hard barrier that is specific to Lego.  Given the amount of time between when the order is placed and when it is cancelled, it almost appears like they are doing manual reviews of those orders.  I have been successful in getting orders through Express and just got a shipping notice on the largest order that I've placed to date which was for 10 copies of 7 different sets.  But I've had every order cancelled that I placed through two different accounts with different credit cards and have one that has been pending for 2 days through another that was placed with a new credit card, but was to be shipped to an existing address.  Next step is to get a new credit card and a new shipping address to see if they're tracking IP addresses.

Well, in theory, with similar buying habits, any new account will be banned as well.

Just now, exciter1 said:

Well, in theory, with similar buying habits, any new account will be banned as well.

Agree...the question is what someone has to do to get flagged in the first place if they are now watching all ordering accounts.  They can't flag everyone who buys Lego or they'd not sell any Lego.

Just now, redcell said:

Agree...the question is what someone has to do to get flagged in the first place if they are now watching all ordering accounts.  They can't flag everyone who buys Lego or they'd not sell any Lego.

That's what baffles me, their stock levels and buying habits from resellers appear to be manageable historically, so I'm not sure what their end game is here.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That's what baffles me, their stock levels and buying habits from resellers appear to be manageable historically, so I'm not sure what their end game is here.

Fingers crossed that it's just temporary for the holidays. Walmart is where I get 90% of my inventory.