My order status

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

I agree it's frustrating, and also that they should be more careful.
However, I'm in the boat that it won't affect much.
I would still consider it new, but I prefer to list actual pictures so there's no surprises on condition.

With any other product I buy, my next and only thought after seeing a dinged up box is, "Boy, I hope the actual item inside is OK."
I understand there's collectors among us that value the box, but for most people, it's not what people are actually paying for.

My judgment right after posting this. I open a package from Amazon and both seals on an Architecture set are popped open. ?

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as it being some sort of "ethics" issue when Target price matches and includes the gift card........I did exactly what the CS rep asked me to do. Never once did I mention the gift card. I politely asked if they would price match three Eiffel Towers. She told me to place the order and give her the order number. She saw exactly what was or wasn't in my cart.

The hypocrisy of calling this an ethics issue is laughable.

19 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

As far as it being some sort of "ethics" issue when Target price matches and includes the gift card........I did exactly what the CS rep asked me to do. Never once did I mention the gift card. I politely asked if they would price match three Eiffel Towers. She told me to place the order and give her the order number. She saw exactly what was or wasn't in my cart.

I don't see the fault here, you still spent the required $50 to get the $10 GC. Its just good sense to price match and save money on this. Apologies if I am too ignorant to see what id wrong here. 

People can justify it any wait they want, but it is against Target's policies hence why some people are able to do it and others cant. And before I get the "you are not holier than us" argument, I agree that I am not . We are our own worst enemy .

Happy Thanksgiving y'all and peace on the forums . xoxo 

From Target.com : 

• Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers, Registry completion coupons and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match. Manufacturer coupons will be applied after a price match is made, for store purchases only. Please review our Store Coupon Policy for additional details.

I get that it's in their policy. Honestly, I have never looked at it, nor have I looked at Amazon's PM policy, or Wal-Mart's, or anyone else's. I figure it's for their employee to know. Had they not included it, I still would have bought, and I never would have said a word. It just upsets me a little when someone questions my ethics on something like this when on the SAH website: "One free set per household". And there are hundreds of posts referring to multiple orders. Is there a difference?

Edited by iahawks550

10 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I get that it's in their policy. Honestly, I have never looked at it, nor have I looked at Amazon's PM policy, or Wal-Mart's, or anyone else's. I figure it's for their employee to know. Had they not included it, I still would have bought, and I never would have said a word. It just upsets me a little when someone questions my ethics on something like this when on the SAH website: "One free set per household". And there are hundreds of posts referring to multiple orders. Is there a difference?

joey-not-even-sorry.gif

58 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

"The hypocrisy of calling this an ethics issue is laughable."

Thanks for the insult, internet tough guy.

If people don't see the difference between a company not caring about something and not stopping it, - Such as ordering from ShopLego and getting multiple promos, and ordering from a company who specifically says they can't/won't do something, but then trying to find ways around it, I am not really sure what to say.

It's "laughable" to say there's no difference there.

I am not sure why it's hypocritical. It would be hypocritical if I was breaking these (or any) rules and then telling people not to do it. That's hypocritical. But I guess if you aren't smart enough to know the difference between trying to get around rules and just making orders and having things happen, you probably aren't smart enough to know what a word like hypocritical means.

If you've been at this as long as I know you have been, and you don't know pretty much EVERY SINGLE PRICE MATCH POLICY excludes promos and discounts, it means you are either lying, or just aren't very observant. It's pretty standard. It's no different than price matching out of stock items, which also is pretty standard. 

And for Cosmic - you save money by walking out of a store without paying too, do you do that? By breaking a stated policy to save money, it's not really any different than stealing. The "fault" is you're breaking a stated policy. Again, if you choose not to care and keep doing similar things, I certainly can't stop you. It doesn't make it "right". 

I never encourage anyone to go out of their way to break a stated policy. Nor do I think anyone should. Nor do I go out of my way to break stated policies. I think one can go about this business without being a scumbag. I know lots of people prefer to go the scumbag route. We've kind of agreed as a community not to encourage scumbaggery. (AKA purposefully breaking stated policies to gain an advantage) 

So please defend your behavior however you want, and keep laughing if you want. And really, I don't "care" if you keep doing it - I of course wish no one would, but I am not naive enough to think that's going to happen nor am I bold enough to tell people how to act.  But my request to move those posts and not encouraging people to break stated policies is certainly not hypocritical, and really benefits us all from a simple business perspective. If everyone breaks all the rules, it certainly makes it harder for the rest of us who try to play by the rules.

And I have no problem saying I'm holier and better. If people choose to do these things, then yes, I do think I am better. Rephrase: I *know* I am better.

Edited by Achilles

5 minutes ago, Achilles said:

If people don't see the difference between a company not caring about something and not stopping it, - Such as ordering from ShopLego and getting multiple promos, and ordering from a company who specifically says they can't/won't do something, but then trying to find ways around it, I am not really sure what to say.

Not trying to argue the point, but Target could refuse to price match due to the gift card promotion, or they could remove it from the cart once they adjust the price.  It's almost as if they are not fully educated on their price match policy.  Which should not be a surprise to anyone. 

I believe other people have reported getting shutdown on the price match and gift card promo so it seems some of their reps are following policy.

Sorry to derail this thread..but anyone notice a slow down in receiving gift cards from Target? Too many last minute orders? Also...my last two orders from Walmart..both with less than seven sets are stuck in processing since yesterday morning. Me thinking I got restricted :(

1 minute ago, LegoBro said:

Sorry to derail this thread..but anyone notice a slow down in receiving gift cards from Target? Too many last minute orders? Also...my last two orders from Walmart..both with less than seven sets are stuck in processing since yesterday morning. Me thinking I got restricted :(

Yeah, I'm waiting on Target too.  Hoping to get a few more orders in today.  This promo had to be a huge success for them.  I hope they do more of these and leave Walmart in the dust!

2 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

I have a couple orders stuck too, both less than $100.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I have a couple orders stuck too, both less than $100.

are you banned  and were trying to get around it by placing a small order or do you think that this might be the start of a ban for you

I am asking because if they start banning for multiple orders even if they are very small then i think alot of people will have problems

2 minutes ago, river41 said:

are you banned  and were trying to get around it by placing a small order or do you think that this might be the start of a ban for you

I am asking because if they start banning for multiple orders even if they are very small then i think alot of people will have problems

Just thinking this might be the start of something, since they are supposed to have a 2 Day Guarantee.  I haven't went crazy lately, just a couple orders a week, none too large.

24 minutes ago, Achilles said:

And for Cosmic - you save money by walking out of a store without paying too, do you do that? By breaking a stated policy to save money, it's not really any different than stealing. The "fault" is you're breaking a stated policy. Again, if you choose not to care and keep doing similar things, I certainly can't stop you. It doesn't make it "right".

I understand that point and especially the "Speak no evil" aspect of it. But I can also see the training of Target/Walmart/LEGO Shop at Home employees being a key issue. A question was asked to the CS person and the price match was granted. I don't necessarily equate that to asking the employee if you can steal from the store and them granting it. Is that really a "scumbag move". I know ive only been here a year and that I am NOT a reseller like some here, but as a consumer, I want to find the best deal. Will I occasionally flip a set? Damn right as seen below.

My Diagon Alley Promo Set = One per household.

Set 1: Went in store, bought Winter Fire Station, used VIP which shows past purchases

Set 2: Ordered Online, bought Pop-Up book, Friends set and got the Promo. Set arrived damaged. Called CS and they gave me 300 VIP points. Told them VIP 

Set 3: Ordered Online yet to arrive but ordered it BEFORE I spoke with CS about Set 2.

Should I get all 3, probably not. Am I going to resell them, yes. Is this stealing money from LEGO Shop at Home? They even gave me essentially a $15 coupon and let me keep the set also even though the set was damaged because I asked them. They had multiple opportunities to deny the set.

I am not pointing fingers or blaming anyone, I just want the conversation to continue so we all can just have an adult conversation about this.

23 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

yes noticing this as well.  i am attributing it to increasing holiday orders  and slow down in order processing.  this is why now is a good time to do instore pickups if there is anything left to keep the turn around time on the gc quick and keep it rolling.  surprisingly large instore stock of architecture still getting my attention.

yes you've been banned by walmart.  this is how it happened to me as well.  orders stuck in processing then they get cancelled.  go to googleexpress to work around it.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Solsbury18 said:

Well, thanks for the advice on reaching out. They were very helpful. Although they were out of the Diagon Alley set they said they’d send me two Christmas Boxes instead. 

Did you call CS or do online chat? When I spoke with them online, they said they didn't have any more of the DA set and couldnt substitute, but could sent me 300VIP points. I'd say you got the better end of the deal on that one. When I tried over the phone, the wait time was very very long.

So I was looking around for the Power Functions I needed to setup the Holiday Train.  I decided to try an order with Shop @ Home since they have everything for retail price and I had some VIP points to burn.  I was banned by them about 2 1/2 years ago, received the dreaded e-mail, and a few orders I placed around that time were automatically cancelled.  I have been able to accumulate and use VIP points in store since then, but haven't tried any online orders.  Shockingly this order went to the warehouse and has now shipped.  Is it possible I have been unbanned by Shop @ Home or was I just lucky this time?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

So I was looking around for the Power Functions I needed to setup the Holiday Train.  I decided to try an order with Shop @ Home since they have everything for retail price and I had some VIP points to burn.  I was banned by them about 2 1/2 years ago, received the dreaded e-mail, and a few orders I placed around that time were automatically cancelled.  I have been able to accumulate and use VIP points in store since then, but haven't tried any online orders.  Shockingly this order went to the warehouse and has now shipped.  Is it possible I have been unbanned by Shop @ Home or was I just lucky this time?

@waddamon
Can-you-feel-the-love-tonight-.jpg?w=816

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

If theres a place to get power functions less than retail, please share.