My order status

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

Moving forward, the world of arbitrage is going to get much much harder. Target/Walmart's account reconciliation and order limits are moving towards policies similar to Amazon. Companies want the deals going to end users to create a larger user base. Then if there is any left over, then the hoard can have em.

Based on my experiences as a software engineer in large corporations, I would expect next year to be worse (Target is still pretty far behind) and the year after that to be nearly impossible to get the volumes some of us are purchasing, at the price and times we want them.

In a world of increasingly fewer options to purchase from it may be wise to start strategizing ways around these limitations.

I didn't have a resale tax exemption on my account.

What's weird is that both companies previously had mechanisms in place (quantity limits) to stymie resellers, but largely removed them last year (at least for Lego).  .  

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

Just LEGO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.  Did straight Lego first...cancelled.  Then tried a Hot Wheels order on same account...that's still open.  Then tried a Hot Wheels/Lego order on a different account using a different credit card...that's still open too.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, redcell said:

What's weird is that both companies previously had mechanisms in place (quantity limits) to stymie resellers, but largely removed them last year (at least for Lego).  .  

There is currently an interesting battle going on between the big three department stores that are fighting for market cap. They are trying to get more new consumers, keep stuff in stock at a good price, and deliver quality items. (Targets/Walmart's packaging is pretty premium now). As Amazon loses market share to Target and Walmart I think we will see a more customer focused selling strategy versus pure volume.

In the past I was able to place as many orders as i wanted in a row on Target - though they had quantity limitations. Barnes and noble was the same until last year. Lego.com cracked down two-three years ago. 

There is an interesting dichotomy between "2 day delivery" and order validation. Amazon's orders are pre-validated for quantity limits and once you reach the order screen, the order is processed nearly immediately. Walmart and Target appear to be operating on batch cycles which validates every 6 hours? midnight at 2am? Its hard to truly offer "2 Day Shipping" when validating orders that long after the order. To not subject all accounts to this i assume they flag suspect buyers, delay those orders further and have a "validation process" to stop what they want.

i don't anticipate Walmart or Target move to a real time system any time soon, however their ability to identify unwanted buyers and locking them out will get better.

The other thing to consider especially ordering these large lego sets is what happens if they just slap a shipping label on the outer leg box and it arrives with a large hole on one side (pieces fell out) which Fed Ex now covered with packing tape on the crushed chewed up box. But, you cannot order it anymore because they are out of stock.  That happened to me when I ordered the Ghostbusters Firehouse from Target.  I returned the Target one but I was able to order one each from Walmart and Amazon before they went out of stock but keeping fingers crossed they don't just slap a shipping label on the lego box also. I'll find out on Saturday.  

Edited by buidee

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Well then :

5420460D-142C-425F-9D1C-9CE8809ADA78.jpeg

LOL.  Personal use only, but they accept your business tax exempt resale #.  If they get rid of tax exempt like Target did, this will give sales-tax free states a major advantage for reselling.  I have shifted most the retail sourcing part of my business away from online and more towards physical stores.  If they stop taking our tax exempt cards at the store, that would really suck.  Limits wouldn't bother me because I buy a lot of 1s and 2s of stuff and not usually more than 6 of any one item at a store.

Here's a new one... cancellation AFTER shipping confirmation (ship to store).  I just picked up another order I had waiting and the guy said oh it looks like you have another one in transit.  That's aggressive to cancel shipped orders.  The guy offered to keep an eye out for it next couple days, that was nice.

My Google Express order has shipped. It was a small test order and not the lego I wanted but good news I guess. 
I placed a few test orders with the two accounts that have gotten cancellations and they are still processing a day later. I had orders of 350 units, 100 units and 10 units auto-cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Boy, TLG isn't kidding around with these order cancellations.  My second order tonight was rejected within 20 minutes - got over the total limit of HP CMFs.
Sounds like the same type of system that BN put into place a few years back...quantity limits hard wired into the back end of their ordering system

Kinda feel insulted I haven't got any cancels of late.   
Sounds like you're not trying hard enough.

i've put a handful of orders into walmart over the last month.  i put in 1x $60ish order for items in stock at local store - no crazy numbers - 2x of 1 item, 2x of another available in store for pickup "today"  just frozen "in preparation" mode now since they were placed.  also placed an order for a single buckingham palace yesterday evening.  stuck in preparing mode.  nothing cancelled just stuck in prep mode.  is this some new passive aggressive ban?  

has anyone gotten something to ship from walmart.com recently?

meanwhile triple digit orders from target nary a peep other than flooding my inbox with requests to review my purchases.

Edited by cladner

i've put a handful of orders into walmart over the last month.  i put in 1x $60ish order for items in stock at local store - no crazy numbers - 2x of 1 item, 2x of another available in store for pickup "today"  just frozen "in preparation" mode now since they were placed.  also placed an order for a single buckingham palace yesterday evening.  stuck in preparing mode.  nothing cancelled just stuck in prep mode.  is this some new passive aggressive ban?  
has anyone gotten something to ship from walmart.com recently?
meanwhile triple digit orders from target nary a peep other than flooding my inbox with requests to review my purchases.

Likely something else. Remember, WMs inventory management system in store is hot garbage, and I’m certain their warehouse isn’t better. I sincerely doubt they are ready for BF.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app