10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

10 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Bricklink stats show that this set has been in stagnation since May (as have 10197 and 10211) and also that there are roughly double the number of sets listed now as then. As a buyer, if you see that prices are falling as people undercut one another you will hold off from making your purchase as long as possible - sellers get more nervous and the price goes down.

The price has definitely gone down on US Ebay over the past 6 months.

Great article.  Please take 2 minutes and read it. But if you're lazy, it basically suggests that many investors expect prices to peak in December, when in fact they often decline.  It is theorized that too many sellers, hoping for December gains, put their product out there, and increased supply leads to lower prices.  I actually saw this play out last month for the 10228 Haunted House.  I thought October would be the perfect time to take some profit on one of mine. Ebay prices in September were around $445.  So I put mine up for sale in the beginning of October, and what-do-you-know... a lot of folks had the same idea, and prices dropped almost 10%.

• Like 6

On the bright side, used copies have steadily increased in value over the past 6 months. I bought one of these last spring in a damaged box for ~$500 CAD, promptly cracked the seals and built it. It is now in used condition. If I were to sell it now, owning it for 6 months plus the build experience would cost me $12.50. Not bad, figured it would take longer for used copies to climb that much! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bricketycricket said:

I feel like now is an appropriate time to confess that I find this forum such a chore to follow these days because of the high quantity of low quality or flat out off topic remarks posted by some people...

Raises hand...

He ain't lyin'

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm actually Bricklinking a TH right now. There's nothing particularly unique that is expensive to source.

Did you skip it, or are you doing this for fun?

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Did you skip it, or are you doing this for fun?

I had gotten a few for investment, but never wanted to open them.  I had always wanted to get one, as it was (and is) my favorite.  By the time I was ready to grab one for myself, it was gone.  I never could bring myself to open up any of my investment ones.

I've got at least one of all the other exclusives (from FB and TH on), in a "used" state - some are complete, some I've bought used and still Bricklinking.  After looking over the inventory, I decide, eh, why not?

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse
1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I had gotten a few for investment, but never wanted to open them.  I had always wanted to get one, as it was (and is) my favorite.  By the time I was ready to grab one for myself, it was gone.  I never could bring myself to open up any of my investment ones.

I've got at least one of all the other exclusives (from FB and TH on), in a "used" state - some are complete, some I've bought used and still Bricklinking.  After looking over the inventory, I decide, eh, why not?

images.jpeg

3 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

15k posts. Nah never been off topic...

Says mister meme.... ;)

The thing most folks don't realize is there are threads that go off topic and most "responsible" members go off topic in those threads knowing they are likely to be less moderated and less followed (i.e. read) by many casual or less addicted members. There are however some folks around these parts who like to take a dump in every thread and turn it into an early retirement party, a stock tracker or a bubble thread.

Anyways... I unloaded my Town Halls early on. Kind of kicking myself for not saving at least one new in the box, but whatever... So many sets, so little time and space. You can fit around 16 Exo Suits in the space it takes to store 1 TH. ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Just 20 euros difference between cheapest BIN TH and HH. HH looks like it is going to overtake TH soon as there are a glut of low priced TH on auction that are likely to fall short of 400 euros. R2 is coming up fast too, just 20 euros behind HH.

ever considered a career at the racetrack?

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Just 20 euros difference between cheapest BIN TH and HH. HH looks like it is going to overtake TH soon as there are a glut of low priced TH on auction that are likely to fall short of 400 euros. R2 is coming up fast too, just 20 euros behind HH.

I think those that think TH will be a $1000 set in the near future are insane...

It is great to see on Marktplaats.nl how people are offloading their Town Halls for 350 - 400 euro's. I'm so happy to see this, every sold and build Town Hall means more profit for me in the future. Same thing with Haunted House, just be patient and hold a couple years and you will be completely laughing your ass off to the bank.

Edited by JM123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JM123 said:

It is great to see on Marktplaats.nl how people are offloading their Town Halls for 350 - 400 euro's. I'm so happy to see this, every sold and build Town Hall means more profit for me in the future. Same thing with Haunted House, just be patient and hold a couple years and you will be completely laughing your ass off to the bank.

True... let the price go down to 200 euro and I might buy a few.

• Like 2