10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Loghamel said:

I wasn't jabbing you at all.  I was simply pointing out that most of my customers are buying LEGO to give them as gifts and, as such, don't want a beat up box.   They're more than happy to pop the seals as it doesn't affect the aesthetic of the gift at all.  In my response to you, I was simply saying the CUSTOMERS are the box queens, not those of us that sell to them.  But as long as they are, 3rd party sellers are going to have to purchase accordingly.

Out of the last 116 sets I sold on eBay, 94 customers asked me "Is the box in mint condition as I wanted it for my collection?" I've only had one set graded (my 10179 which is graded 9.5 and sealed in acrylic) and my thoughts are that a set shouldn't be declared as "mint" unless officially inspected and graded. I normally say "excellent retail condition".

Which to my mind translates to... "I want to pick fault with your box so I can buy it as cheaply as possible so that i can make more profit than you when I resell it!"

I'm a collector and the last thing I do is leave sets in boxes, I build them FFS - what's the point of "enjoying" a set in it's box?

It could just be awkward human nature demanding a perfect box that'll end up in the bin? When I buy a set from a shop to build, I just grab the first one as I don't care if it has dings or not.

3 hours ago, Loghamel said:

I wasn't jabbing you at all.  I was simply pointing out that most of my customers are buying LEGO to give them as gifts and, as such, don't want a beat up box.   They're more than happy to pop the seals as it doesn't affect the aesthetic of the gift at all.  In my response to you, I was simply saying the CUSTOMERS are the box queens, not those of us that sell to them.  But as long as they are, 3rd party sellers are going to have to purchase accordingly.

My personal problem is my "customers" who are actually squeamish resellers posing as end-users and worried  about their feedback on ebay /Amazon from THEIR customers who express to me "Can you find a perfect box for me? I  am a collector." Or "This is a gift and I want a perfect box and no invoice added." but they've order separate items going to separate address. In my experience these are the Box Queens-resllers  who give retailers and resellers problems with returns for minor shelf wear.  I disdain the practice. It is my intent to discourage that behavior via this forum or in my sales while simultaneously not trying to slay ppl from atop my white horse.

There are various debates about the subject and good points on both sides. LEGO  has already made a stand against resellers, albeit not for this practice alone but it certainly does hurt the seller both Retail and Reseller. If  the practice continues I forsee tighter selling practices by Retailers, the very ppl who are my (our) suppliers.

After stating my position  anyone is welcome to disagree but I don't want to debate it endlessly at least not in the Townhall thread. I will debate it on another thread more appropriately and will most likely make snarky comments spontaneously in the future about it. I commented to you, here in this thread because it appeared to me a contradiction in your views for the Tie Fighter thread. On the other hand a user can misinterpret another user's actual point in an attempt to express their own experience or thoughts on a subject, which at times I have been guilty of. 

THE END...and we all lived happily ever after.

• 3 weeks later...

Town Hall price continues to rise nicely - last 2 sales on ebay in the last 3 days were $595 and $592.   ebay is a little ahead of amazon guessing because of international exposure on ebay.  get with the program amazon sellers - bump your price up $30.  under 100 sellers on amazon so we should see some nice price appreciation coming up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cladner said:

Town Hall price continues to rise nicely - last 2 sales on ebay in the last 3 days were $595 and $592.   ebay is a little ahead of amazon guessing because of international exposure on ebay.  get with the program amazon sellers - bump your price up $30.  under 100 sellers on amazon so we should see some nice price appreciation coming up.

There was a seller on amazon that had a large stack. Only 10 left now. This one is ripening very nicely. 2014 was a vintage year.

Hi chaps, I'm desperate looking for help.

I've just got a TH at  good price, but even if seller mentioned it was sealed, I realised at home that box was opened although all bags are sealed.

Given that box is open, I extracted all bags and counted them. Now I wonder if I'm missing any bag.

I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction or tell me if the below bags mean a complete set please.

14x #1 bags

5x #2 bags

10x #3 bags

Bag with different medium size green and sand baseplates

Big sand baseplate

Instructions sealed

Really appreciated!

Edited by Laudrup16

3 minutes ago, Laudrup16 said:

I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction or tell me if the below bags mean a complete set please.

10224 Town Hall
Instruction books: 3
Tan 32x32 baseplate: 1
#1 Bags: 14
#2 Bags: 5
#3 Bags: 10
1 unnumbered bag of large plates
(30 total bags)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, marcandre said:

10224 Town Hall
Instruction books: 3
Tan 32x32 baseplate: 1
#1 Bags: 14
#2 Bags: 5
#3 Bags: 10
1 unnumbered bag of large plates
(30 total bags)

U DA MAN! I do appreciate your quick response.

Now I just need to double check that there are 3 instruction books without breaking the sealed bag.

Thanks again marcandre

• Like 1

note to folks.  the mods are going to move some posts that are counterfeit-related into that topic. 

update : i removed all the fake lego take that topic.  PLEASE keep counterfeit talk in the ONE topic that was created specifically for that.  This LEGO produced "10224 Town Hall" topic is now unlocked once again.

Edited by jaisonline
  • Like 5

• jaisonline locked and unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Just now, legolegolego2014 said:

Yikes. I have one left. Is it worth the FBA risk considering all the recent scams etc.? 

i would go the FBM route. i got greedy once and went against my better judgement with a SSD and luckily it came back with some minor box damages, but it could have been much worse. 

We must be lucky. We have never had an issue selling Lego FBA. Out of the hundreds of expensive sets we have sold ($400+) we have only ever had 3 returns, all sellable returned to inventory and sold to the next buyer no problems. Never tried FBM for Lego. The cheap sets only ever had one return for Trick or Treat which againw as sellable and sold again.