• Grand Emporium
    • Pet Shop
    • Town Hall
    • Palace Cinema
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Detective's Office
    • Brick Bank
    • Assembly Square

I've said this many times and I'll say it again. 2 Half Modular releases (like the individual Pet Shop Buildings sold seperately) would be great. From a business point of view it qould really help TLG reel in new customers who have been thus far shying away from them due to their price tags (like me lol). 75-90 bucks USD a pop would be a dream come true. From there they could do two ideas in one year (probably like Pet Shop, with a residential and some sort of specialty store), and serious modular collectors would pick up both anyways.

If Lego allowed stores to actually carry the modulars in store and in the way you describe, I would grab those up in a heartbeat! On a related note, they really do need to come up with another two store setup similar to Pet Shop. Plenty of MOCers on the net seem to agree as many of their designs tend to go this way.

How about a Post Office with 10 minifigs in a long queue holding parcels with the LEGO logo on them? For a UK version, make that 50 in a queue with 40 of them holding benefit books! ;-)

How about the DMV then? :devil:

• 1 month later...

I think we need another corner building unless I am mistaken we only have 3 so far need fourth one so we can build on both sides of the street.  I'd love to see a Church, cathedral house of worship, whatever politically correct name lego needs to come up with.  Would also love to see a museum maybe with a big atrium and a dino in it,  a townhouse or two like the one that pet shop had, a jazz club or a theatre would compliment cinema nicely, Would also love for an accessory set of sorts like fountains garden, sculptures,monuments to start completing a city we have enough buildings now to do that.  Oh yeah a Tram would be really cool.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

i'ld go for a Clerck's style shop with roll down doors and hockey on the roof

the dmv (mva) idea would never work. not enough room for those looooooooooooooong lines

Guest eightbrick

Speaking of half modulars, I really like this MOC from EB. A bit too modern and artsy to fit in with the current modulars but I love the lettering. What do you guys think about going modern with the modular line?

11665903084_96595bb20a_c.jpg

Thought I'd also share this cool promo art for the Lego movie. Looks awesome! Any of those would make great modulars (I think I see market street in the back)

worlds_bricksburg2.jpg?l.r=-1134022307

Speaking of half modulars, I really like this MOC from EB. A bit too modern and artsy to fit in with the current modulars but I love the lettering. What do you guys think about going modern with the modular line?

I really liked that one for reasons as you just stated; nice lettering and smooth design flow. Did you happen to see the Grand Emporium alternate Wig Store? That was pretty good too especially being an alternate. It actually looked like something completely different from the main build.

1388502321m_DISPLAY.jpg

1388502334m_DISPLAY.jpg

Thought I'd also share this cool promo art for the Lego movie. Looks awesome! Any of those would make great modulars (I think I see market street in the back)

I spy quite a few official well as unofficial modulars. The one on the left looks like a CUUSOO project for a restaurant of sorts I support.

While i agree we need more businesses in modular form, i think they need to make a series of just apartments or condos. Without people living on these streets, it would be highly unlikely that they would have all these businesses. So far the only apartment is the one that comes with the Pet Shop. These would go good in between all the cool businesses. My hopes for new businesses would be the pub, an arcade, a comic shop, a butcher, a barber shop and maybe a police station if they can make it so that it doesn't look like a rehash of the Fire Brigade.

FYI to an earlier post about them making a Red Baron Plane. They already did. It's pretty old and came out before the first release of the Sopwith Camel. Looks pretty cool too! Since we got a new updated version of the Sopwith, maybe they will do an update to the Red Baron too?

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked that one for reasons as you just stated; nice lettering and smooth design flow. Did you happen to see the Grand Emporium alternate Wig Store? That was pretty good too especially being an alternate. It actually looked like something completely different from the main build.

I actually like the back of that one more than the front...like most main streets nowadays over here there is usually at least one building of a modern feeling set in against the older styles.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd be strung up if mine were on the dining table! Nice display and the Town Hall is my next 10+ purchase once I see them discounted. The Grand Emporium looks superb and this "could" be the next CC as it's also a corner set and FB prices are encouraging.

That's a real hard one. I believe the Green Grocer is #1 with me,only have 2, tried to buy 5 of them at $500. ea. but the deal fell through. The Emporium is by far the best value. The Town Hall is nice, haven't built it yet, but soon, as it goes next the gun store,( The Pet Shop side converted) Love the pet store I have to get 5-10 more, separate the buildings and you can do several things( a whole row of Brown Stones), change the Pet Shops a Little and use for small retail shops. Fire Brigade  love the detail. The Parisian can go as a corner building other wise you loose the beautiful upstairs  staircase, a building will hide it, a Market building like the 1st one might work, low enough on that one side.

Maybe a garden or Park would work with statue and all. As you can tell, I love The Modular s.

That's a real hard one. I believe the Green Grocer is #1 with me,only have 2, tried to buy 5 of them at $500. ea. but the deal fell through. The Emporium is by far the best value. The Town Hall is nice, haven't built it yet, but soon, as it goes next the gun store,( The Pet Shop side converted) Love the pet store I have to get 5-10 more, separate the buildings and you can do several things( a whole row of Brown Stones), change the Pet Shops a Little and use for small retail shops. Fire Brigade  love the detail. The Parisian can go as a corner building other wise you loose the beautiful upstairs  staircase, a building will hide it, a Market building like the 1st one might work, low enough on that one side.

Maybe a garden or Park would work with statue and all. As you can tell, I love The Modular s.

Parisian Restaurant goes perfectly next too Market street, allows you to see the stairs and the dip in building height finally doesn't look awkward anymore, it looks like it belongs.