75020 - Jabba's Sail Barge

Lateral-G

• 1 month later...

Just picked one of these up for $83 at Target. Tried talking to manager to get a better discount, but no dice.

People are so split on this one. Does anyone think this one will hit $200?

Jabba's Palace is still lingering around 150 and it's been gone almost a year. 200 is asking a lot, maybe in two years.

Jabba's Palace is still lingering around 150 and it's been gone almost a year. 200 is asking a lot, maybe in two years.

I think the sail barge has better display value than the palace.  looks more complete sitting on the shelf.  it does have more bricks, but fewer figures.  I think $150 over the next year or so will be a reasonable estimate.  still worth it if you can find them under $100 in my opinion.

I found one on clearance at the lego store for $95, plus got the flower cart (out of at-dp of course)

• 3 weeks later...

The sale barge was a tough decision to buy. The angled front section to fit a secret cannon, ruins the accuracy of this version for me compared to the last play set version. I ended up cave ing just for new the minifigures.

I display my Jabba s palace on top of the rancor pit.

Edited by NZ-EUG

• 1 month later...

TRU has come down on their retail price and is selling it at 95 with their easter/spring clearance sale.  I had a 10.00 coupon, so I bit.  I'm not as sold that this one is going to be a great one to have in your arsenal, but this might be the last chance to get it below 100 for those that haven't got this one yet..

• Like 1

The sale barge was a tough decision to buy. The angled front section to fit a secret cannon, ruins the accuracy of this version for me compared to the last play set version. I ended up cave ing just for new the minifigures.

I display my Jabba s palace on top of the rancor pit.

I think I'm one of the only people around here that like this version better than the old sail barge.  The angled front section is actually more screen accurate than the old version, look at the movie stills again.  It wasn't done to hide the cannon.  The cannon was added because Lego seems to have a quota of "shootable things" in sets now.  People like the old version because its a bit bigger and has a smoother angle to it, but it's not as accurate.

I'm holding off on buying these for investment.  I bought a lot of JPs, so not much money left over to put into this set.  I like both, but I liked JP more as an investment because it's unique and will most likely never be remade again.

• Like 1

I have 4 of these with an average buy in of $52. Wish I had more at that price. I passed on many of these at $90+

Same here.  For the $150-175 price exciter1 mentioned I will be more than happy with that performance in a year or two.

I have sold off my TIE Fighters, X-wings, and Battle of Hoth sets along with a few others, but I have Jabba's Palace, Skiffs, Sail Barges, a few Falcons, and some not so stellar Star Wars sets that I will be tracking near the end of the year hoping to capitalize on the new movie hype.

Edited by zskid00