75020 - Jabba's Sail Barge

Lateral-G

18 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Unless you consider slavery and objectification to be positive trends,  this is a shift away from such things and wont return until the devolution of our culture. 

This all happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away so I'm viewing it as a history lesson of the oppressive and misogynistic culture of the Hutt society.  

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, pcaster said:

You can bury these things even further in your storage, they aren't moving anywhere soon.  Galorco alone has over a month of inventory on Amazon at current sell rates, which will only get slower in Feb.

You should try eBay.  After fees you will net a better price than Amazon right now and you don't have to take a hit on the shipping charges.  I sold most of mine this month around $120 plus actual shipping.  CAGR be darned, I doubled my initial investment in 18 months since I bought them for $49 on clearance at Walmart.  I'll take that any day.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

You should try eBay.  After fees you will net a better price than Amazon right now and you don't have to take a hit on the shipping charges.  I sold most of mine this month around $120 plus actual shipping.  CAGR be darned, I doubled my initial investment in 18 months since I bought them for $49 on clearance at Walmart.  I'll take that any day.  

It was more of a comment on supply side impact rather than selling platform.  This thing is selling, yet price has stagnated everywhere for the last 10 months.

7 minutes ago, pcaster said:

It was more of a comment on supply side impact rather than selling platform.  This thing is selling, yet price has stagnated everywhere for the last 10 months.

Yep, probably because so many people were able to acquire this one at deep clearance prices.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

This should be the last time Slave Leia will be in a set. I'd buy them myself...

That seems like a hard pill to swallow when the set's been retired for a year and still hasn't moved from retail. to paraphrase an old president "I've seen the AT-AT, and this set, sir, is no AT-AT."

Even the "Star Wars Hype" didn't raise this boat in its high tide. With that said, I think there's a likelihood that it will grow, but it will be slow and that Leia is definitely not the linchpin of the set. If it were, all the hoopla months ago would have cleared them from B&N shelves.

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy another one... I'll actually probably sell off the only one I have, even if at small loss. I tend to be a bit ruthless with eliminating items that don't show signs of returns. For me, as I don't have a significant amount of capital to put towards inventory, it makes sense. Longterm, being able to put that money towards something that will have better chances to appreciate will counterbalance any short term minor losses from selling a disappointing purchase.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, wolvergeek said:

Not impressed after building this set compared to the older one that came with a skiff and sarlacc pit. 

the wind sails are too low and it needs more minifigs.

i have an army of skiffs collecting dust, so this wasnt a problem lol

• Like 1

Not impressed after building this set compared to the older one that came with a skiff and sarlacc pit. 

the wind sails are too low and it needs more minifigs.

Exactly. This was the problem with the remake. When comparing it to the original sail barge, it sucked. Sure the figs were better but the barge itself was lackluster and didn't include the skiff and sarlacc pit like before.

• Like 1