75020 - Jabba's Sail Barge

Lateral-G

I am highly considering selling my used, but complete and generally great condition, 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge from 2007. I have looked it up here on Brickpicker and on eBay, and it seems like it's generally not going to go for much more then it is currently. I have come to this conclusion by looking at the monthly rates this set sells at, and it appears as though LAST year was peak by only about $20 more used. I honestly only seeing it dip in coming years, so I feel like it's now or never to sell it for over $130. Can you guys either convince me to hold on a month or two more, or confirm what I already think by telling me this is as good as it gets?

I don't hold used sets for investment. Not to say they don't show growth over time. The only used sets I keep are the ones that I think are cool enough for my personal collection QAR, Ice Dragon, Hogwarts Castle... I have a severe space limitation and a general fear of becoming a hoarder so I don't keep much.

• 4 weeks later...

Many dissed the new set saying it was smaller, and the nose was too pointy, but i much prefer the new to the old, and i can get the new for 70-80 bucks with far superior figures any day of the week, and likely for the next year. I'd get rid of the old one if it doesn't have some sentimental value for you.

The only thing better about 6210 is the barge itself if you are a purist (minifigs, skiff and pit are worse). Get the best of both worlds, buy the new set and use the minifigs with the old barge. I got an old barge by itself with no minifigs for $40. Match it up with the Desert Skiff 9496 and you are good to go with the best set of minifigs. Used complete 6210 sets are around $100 now and falling.

Many dissed the new set saying it was smaller, and the nose was too pointy, but i much prefer the new to the old, and i can get the new for 70-80 bucks with far superior figures any day of the week, and likely for the next year. I'd get rid of the old one if it doesn't have some sentimental value for you.

The only thing I don't like about the new sail barge is it's size, I wish it was just a little bigger.  Other than that, i like it a lot better than the old model.

Looks like it's back in stock online, but price is back to $149

Odd as they have already been cleaned out of (most) the stores.. Also noticed LOTR Pirate Ship is back up to full price online. The online "clearance" on this was $115, in store was $80. Might be worth keeping an eye on these 2 as they are still under the "clearance" section, but this could just be a site error and they will be removed soon.

Surprised the AT-TE isn't gone yet. Best price I've personally seen on it. Got 1 for a personal build :D

Surprised the AT-TE isn't gone yet. Best price I've personally seen on it. Got 1 for a personal build :D

Hmm...Target.com and Walmart.com both have it for $66. Why does the Walmart.ca site show it as $70?...better question what IS .ca? 

I don't have an AT-TE yet, might want one... Thanks for the heads up y'all.

Just a heads up, was afraid the barge and AT-TE would be packaged horribly like Walmart.com, but walmart.ca has had the best packaging I have seen yet! The sets came in the original Lego box, but they put it in a larger box and filled the extra space with air pillows! Needless to say, all my sets came mint. I will def buy from walmart.ca again! Hope everyone else has had the same experience.