75020 - Jabba's Sail Barge

Lateral-G

I dunno. I just shelled out $110 for a open but complete and boxed 6210. This new Sail Badge looks lackluster even for the $100 I paid. I think the 6210 was a better deal despite the dated looking minifigs.. Looking at the closed box on my sofa, I have zero interest to build it as intended.

I don't have either set.  So I of course was excited to see that I was getting a second chance to pick one up.  I might look into the old one though, I think I like the design more and pick up the stray rare minifigures of the new release once it has been out for a while.  We'll see.  I'm happy to have options at this point.

I have a 6210 from a craigslist lot, but it's missing the two large tan grated plates, some stickers, and one sail. And the only figs i got were leia and lando. I planned to sell it but i don't know if anyone will want it in this condition. What do you guys think?

If the new barge is smaller compared to the old one, is it still in scale compared to the new Skiff ? Ie. If the new Skiff and new Barge are displayed together, will the Skiff make the Barge look even smaller ?

I think so....

But I also think the new skif (and Sarlacc) is way better than the old one.

If the new barge is smaller compared to the old one, is it still in scale compared to the new Skiff ? Ie. If the new Skiff and new Barge are displayed together, will the Skiff make the Barge look even smaller ?

If I don't sell it locally today, I'll build it tonight and take come comparison pics of the Sail (de)Barges and Skiffs.

Got my Rancor Pit today....less than 24hrs after ordering. Outstanding delivery from yoyo.......and free to boot...........unfortunately the Lego box was damaged, even tho the packing box shows no sign of damage. Plus they had plenty of inflatble cushion bags in there.

So the Lego box must have been crushed/damaged prior to packing.........if I wasn't buying this set to build I'd be a bit peeved.

obviously.......I guess a bettter question is how much are you gonna list it for. I only see a couple that are in hand and those are from Japan. I was thinking about buying a few and flipping them but in the back of my mind I was thinking that they wouldn't ship.

I'm gonna flip that flipping flip like its flipping never flippin been flipped before.  Actually, I usually find the going rate at the time an put it a few bucks less.  Right now going rate is $185 for a pre-order.  Mine will be in hand, so we'll see.  I also have a local baseball card show, in one of the malls that I will be selling at, in a little over a week so I may just try to move it there.  The last card show I did had people taking pictures of my NISB Death Star.  I guess no one knew it existed or something.  I should have charged them a buck a picture. :money:  :money:

I just finished building it. My thoughts? Well, I had the same feeling after watching The Phsntom Menace, Waterworld, Nothing but Trouble, and Ishtar. Good grief. What an overpriced underachiever. I want my 2 hours back. I demand it.

More to follow with more pics. ,

post-3743-0-18684900-1373058024_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-64138100-1373058101_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-00495500-1373058177_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-52932000-1373058202_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-89694700-1373058260_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-70925300-1373058306_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-39815200-1373058380_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-99048700-1373058390_thumb.jp

I just finished building it. My thoughts? Well, I had the same feeling after watching The Phsntom Menace, Waterworld, Nothing but Trouble, and Ishtar. Good grief. What an overpriced underachiever. I want my 2 hours back. I demand it.

More to follow with more pics. ,

I think it looks cool. But it does look pretty overpriced. Have a feeling this one will get discounted down to like $75 before people start going crazy over them.

• 2 months later...

I honestly believe this set will be cheaper at some point. I could be wrong, but buying 5 of any set right after it comes out isn't always the best idea, especially one that definitely will be on the market a while.

Think about if you bought 5 B-wings for $150 right after they came out.(not that 150 is a bad price)

Ive been offered 5 75020 jabbas sail barges for 90 per set MISB. Is it a decent deal or am I missing something here besides the fact it wont be EOL for 2 years or so.

These are going for 100 at Amazon so it's not that much of a discount.  The fact most people are programmed to look at the piece count (850) and think it's expensive at 120 (average > 10 cent per piece).  I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it cheaper down the road.

• 3 months later...

Newbie here just started lego investing not long ago. I was able to get 75020 - Jabba's Sail Barge and 75021 - Republic Gunship, two of the largest sets of the 2013 release for about $81 each. Now I'm wondering whether I should return them and put the cash into something else. Star wars as a theme doesn't have high CAGR but I'd like to hear you guys insight on the long term investiment value on those two sets. I'm also wondering whether there will be better deal for them down the road as they are not retiring anytime soon.

Thanks!   

That is a good deal you got, however, since they are still newish, a better deal might come along. But you can alsays part the sets out as the gunship and gunship figs are good for army builders and Jabbas sail barge is also a set with figures and vehicle in high demand. And, you will probably make a.little profit to reinvest in the next set you will decide to invest in.