75020 - Jabba's Sail Barge

Lateral-G

• 5 months later...

I'm kind of surprised that this set isn't being talked about more. It's likely to be the last time the Jabba figure is available for awhile, and based upon the performance of the last sail barge (even if its considered superior) I would think that at 25% or more this set would be a slam dunk.

• 4 weeks later...

This set will be retired soon, its not available to order in NZ anymore, I was lucky enough to pick a brand new one up a month ago.

Mainly for the Max Rebo minifig and the updated slave leia.

I hope somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I think most SW sets with Yoda on the box artwork are seeing their last days of light on the stores. This includes this sail barge.

I hope somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I think most SW sets with Yoda on the box artwork are seeing their last days of light on the stores. This includes this sail barge.

I think so too. And many of those can be found for discount right now. I am betting the remaining stock at retailers will be discounted even more before xmas to get rid of it all.

According to my source, this is now an out of stock item in NZ

Wouldn't surprise me if all production is done and it becomes very hard to find by Christmas. I'm tempted to get a couple more, especially considering the recent boosts to SW sets in general...

Not that keen on the set, Jabba's place is far cooler set. But mini figs alone are pretty decent, So who want s to buy my spare Jabba?

Out of interest how much could I get on ebay for a jabba minfig?

I could probably answer you but I would have to go to ebay.com (or whichever you want to know) and type: LEGO Jabba looking for the minifig and - that's only what I would do - by using the advanced search option looking for already "sold" items I would determine what price seems to be the current deal on this minifigure.

But then I would have to go back to BP to post my new expert knowledge.

Since I don't feel like it right now I'd advice you to just do the same thing yourself (probably without posting it here ^^).

(Advanced search option is on the top right corner (at least ebay.com and ebay.de ... don't know which one you are using).

You mean 2013 sets ?

I would say that it depends on which set.

Look at the 9493 x-wing from 2012 (darth maul), it's still available. So is the R2D2, and the SSD (2011, trooper on it) was available until few weeks ago.

Some 2013 sets will retire, some not. It's the circle of (lego sets) life. :)

- ewok village, UCS x-wing... still have some time

- 75021 republic gunship and other popular ships may survive some more months

- and some others like the rancor pit will certainly disappear soon.

• 1 month later...

So, the Sail Barge is sold out at Lego shop at home in the US.  It's still available at Target, Amazon, and Wal Mart for $85, though.  One would assume it's close to retiring given most of Lego's 2013 Star Wars line is going to sold out, limited stock status.

What are people's thoughts on this set now?  At its MSRP of $120 it's way overpriced, but it has been available for anywhere between $49 to $85 over the past year, making for a possible decent investment.  Jabba's Palace has made steady gains since last January, so will the Sail Barge do as well?

So, the Sail Barge is sold out at Lego shop at home in the US.  It's still available at Target, Amazon, and Wal Mart for $85, though.  One would assume it's close to retiring given most of Lego's 2013 Star Wars line is going to sold out, limited stock status.

What are people's thoughts on this set now?  At its MSRP of $120 it's way overpriced, but it has been available for anywhere between $49 to $85 over the past year, making for a possible decent investment.  Jabba's Palace has made steady gains since last January, so will the Sail Barge do as well?

I think this set is going to easily make you money by next Christmas. The Star Wars hype machine is already started and we're still a year away. I loved the teaser trailer and expect lots of interest in OT sets during next holiday season. 

I would really like to get a couple, one for personal and one to hold, but I can't find a good deal on it. :(  25% is about the best I can find

A little late in the cycle to get a great deal - Target had these 50% off awhile back, I got some in Canada and the US. Around the same time amazon.co.uk had these for around $90 CAD shipped and I was lucky and didn't get hit with customs fees...so super happy.

Can you find a promo or cashback or something to use with amazon.ca right now?

A little late in the cycle to get a great deal - Target had these 50% off awhile back, I got some in Canada and the US. Around the same time amazon.co.uk had these for around $90 CAD shipped and I was lucky and didn't get hit with customs fees...so super happy.

Can you find a promo or cashback or something to use with amazon.ca right now?

The only one I'm aware of is to get their credit card, which I don't want to do. There's a local seller with one for $100 but I still want it cheaper than that. Wish I hadn't missed when WM cleared them out for 70.