What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 6 years later...

Sold 3 lego minecraft mines 21118 for $145 each over the last couple days. I bumped the next 3 up to $164 so we'll see what happens...Not bad for a $60 buy in out the door in April. Have 5 left, 1 w/a pretty jacked up box and the others are pretty minty...I will likely build the bashed up one but after all is said and done, I am happy w/going in on this set to 8 just not sure how much higher this might go and if I should maybe just sit on the rest....

Now I am not sure if I should take $65 on a single copy of a Rapunzel's Creativity Tower but that's not bad either for a $18 buy in :) Too bad I missed this round at B & N but I don't think it was too bad, my wallet got pretty worn out after the B & N/ Walmart clearances earlier this year, not to mention my B & N didn't put a single set on clearance. 

They did say the other day that in a month they were going to have another round of clearance but at a store who doesn't mark down a single set that doesn't mean much to me (or anyone) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, midbenne said:

Sold 3 lego minecraft mines 21118 for $145 each over the last couple days. I bumped the next 3 up to $164 so we'll see what happens...Not bad for a $60 buy in out the door in April.

Does that include shipping? I assume this is EBay.

EDIT: Nevermind, found your listing :) Free shipping indeed.

Edited by Phil B

Guest TabbyBoy

I've decided to shift a lot of stuff that's gathering dust and just getting in the bloody way...

• Finally... My graded 10179 for £4250 cash! Same guy offered me £5,000 for 8x SSD - I'm seriously thinking about it ;-) Fear of UCS MF remake (a resurrection wouldn't surprise me) forced sale ;-(
  • Large box of about 500 assorted polybags (mostly NINJAGO & CHIMA crap) for £150 cash. Got these free from WH Smith after end of newpaper promotion a couple of years ago.
  • Job lot of 75x Large (48x48) grey baseplates for £250 cash (too awkward to post individually). Were in a pallet of random toys from auction last week, cost of pallet was £230 and still lots of Playmobil to shift!

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've decided to shift a lot of stuff that's gathering dust and just getting in the bloody way...

• Finally... My graded 10179 for £4250 cash! Same guy offered me £5,000 for 8x SSD - I'm seriously thinking about it ;-) Fear of UCS MF remake (a resurrection wouldn't surprise me) forced sale ;-(
  • Large box of about 500 assorted polybags (mostly NINJAGO & CHIMA crap) for £150 cash. Got these free from WH Smith after end of newpaper promotion a couple of years ago.
  • Job lot of 75x Large (48x48) grey baseplates for £250 cash (too awkward to post individually). Were in a pallet of random toys from auction last week, cost of pallet was £230 and still lots of Playmobil to shift!

I am jealous.

jealous.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Ciaraf76 said:

Two Star Wars advent calenders £27 each - 3 for 2 at Argos 

31026 cost me £20 - sold for £65

How easy was it to remove the catalogue number stickers from the advent calendars and straighten out the boxes? ;-)

BTW... Boots have just replaced mine at the same cost and I'm about to start selling them for RRP to still make £10 per box.

I've not bought any of those "Midi-modulars" do you think it's still worth investing in them?

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

How easy was it to remove the catalogue number stickers from the advent calendars and straighten out the boxes? ;-)

BTW... Boots have just replaced mine at the same cost and I'm about to start selling them for RRP to still make £10 per box.

I've not bought any of those "Midi-modulars" do you think it's still worth investing in them?

Did that problem with the discount code get sorted yesterday?

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Did you get an indication of whether the guy was going to build it or bought for investment? I always wonder who spends £5000ish on bnib 10179's

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Did you get an indication of whether the guy was going to build it or bought for investment? I always wonder who spends £5000ish on bnib 10179's

Not really but, I think he'll keep it and I hope he does. He drove a brand new 66-reg Audi Q7 so not short of a bob or 2. He's asked for what else I had and I'll be sending him a list of what I can make some good money on. He knows about this site and I think he's a member but, wouldn't say who! I met him via eBay and have been dealing with him ever since.

16 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Did that problem with the discount code get sorted yesterday?

It's no longer valid ;-(

You have to be quick with these "glitches" as you can sometimes get both offers when they overlap.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Ciaraf76 said:

Playmobil you say, my kids have a decent collection that I've bought them over the years.  Any City Life mansions?

Not sure as I've not opened the boxes but, they are shop returns so no idea what state they're in until I unpack it all. I was only after the baseplates that were at the top of the pile as I knew I could turn them round quickly. I'll be taking a closer look next week and I'll let you know if there's any City Life Mansions. I just plan to list what's left as a job lot, buyer collects.

My ex boss was a jammy sod at the auction. He bought what looked like a bag of 200 metal buttons (his wife makes trinkets) for £15 and they turned out to be 100 pairs of Thomas Pink silver cufflinks worth £50 a pair! That's a £2,500 QFLL for him even at half price!

You can't see the lots close up but, you can see photos in the auction catalogue and the pallets at a distance. Most of the stuff is junk and I rarely buy anything.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've accepted the £5,000 cash offer for 8x 10221 SSD. It's "only" £625 each (£350 profit) but, no fees for greedy eBay, no postage, and no having to get double-walled boxes made. It may have cost me say, £40 a set but, it's a lot less hassle, they'll be gone this evening and I'll now have space for a lot more retiring IDEAS sets. I've just been to the lockup and I still have 4x SSD left for the long haul. Since Darth Vader is rumoured to be in R1, I wonder if the SSD will make an appearance?

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

This is no longer a rumor.  It is confirmed.  Not sure about the SSD though since it was nowhere to be found in ANH so likely not going to have one in R1.

BTW... I've cleared my local Sainsburys shelves of 75111 at £9.99 each and will try to flip these once R1 has been shown. I'd like to see a scene in R1 showing the SSD being built, that would be awesome and bring in £££s ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

BTW... I've cleared my local Sainsburys shelves of 75111 at £9.99 each and will try to flip these once R1 has been shown. I'd like to see a scene in R1 showing the SSD being built, that would be awesome and bring in £££s ;-)

The reappearance of R2 in TFA didn't have much impact on 10225, so this is not a rock solid projection.  Rogue One products are really stagnating over here, so I'm not sure if a new series will have much positive impact on the collectible market.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

The reappearance of R2 in TFA didn't have much impact on 10225, so this is not a rock solid projection.  Rogue One products are really stagnating over here, so I'm not sure if a new series will have much positive impact on the collectible market.

R2-D2 played a tiny part in EP7 and should play a bigger part in EP8 so I'm holding onto my 10225s until then or if the prices rise in the meantime. Well, my UCS MF has now gone as it can't rise any more, can it?