What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 6 years later...
23 minutes ago, Fleck said:

So what can one make if they get a hold of a castle ? roughly $25 profit ??

More than that if you can get the set discounted along with shipping discounts. But yeah, that seems to be the baseline with much of what I see on eBay right now.  Best way to maximize profit is to have a friend working at the LEGO store use their discount. 30% off, baby!

That or just steal one. I hear that's a thing.

Edited by TANV

14 hours ago, TANV said:

More than that if you can get the set discounted along with shipping discounts. But yeah, that seems to be the baseline with much of what I see on eBay right now.  Best way to maximize profit is to have a friend working at the LEGO store use their discount. 30% off, baby!

That or just steal one. I hear that's a thing.

Really?
When I look, I see them selling mostly around $489-499 with free shipping, today. With some out-liers up and down. 
I predicted they'd be going up about $10 a week as long as OOS, and I'm pretty close.
$499 on e-bay can get you $50-60, right?

I already flipped two for about $70 profit each. I have my 3rd listed high. If I sell it, good. If not, I got mine for $140 less.

8 minutes ago, donbee said:

Sold another Tahu Master of Fire for $11.75, BL. 
I thought I'd be holding on to these for ever, so I undercutted. I guess I went too low on this one. 
But at $5 buy in, can't complain. 
Other than I didn't arm sweep them when I had the chance. DOH!

I ended up having to mark mine down to $11.00 to finally move them. even then that took a while. you did fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, donbee said:

Really?
When I look, I see them selling mostly around $489-499 with free shipping, today. With some out-liers up and down. 
I predicted they'd be going up about $10 a week as long as OOS, and I'm pretty close.
$499 on e-bay can get you $50-60, right?

I already flipped two for about $70 profit each. I have my 3rd listed high. If I sell it, good. If not, I got mine for $140 less.

If you take into account the Buy It Now listings, then that tends to be on higher end in terms of price.  The auctions however tend to be a bit on the lower ed of things from what I observed before selling mine a week back. I certainly wouldn't be able to pull off selling it for $1,050. That's just a bit much. But yeah, flipping them does make decent profit from now until whenever they're re-stocked.  Plus, with the Holiday Season upcoming, there are more opportunities for flipping the set for increased profit.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Not sure if this qualifies but, I swapped one of my 10221 SSD for a high-spec mountain bike that was given to somebody as an employee bonus (worth £1500) and I know I can then sell that for £1000+ ;-)

took the last 4 months off from selling.  priced it right and boom. all sold in a day. clearing out the small Super Heroes rubbish and freebies.

all FBM including shipping fee.

Gingerbread House x 3 - 49.99 each

Spidercycle Chase  76004 - $33.50 each x 4

Ironman Seaport Battle - $31.50 x 1 - only one  i have of this one - good riddance.

Batman Riddler chase - $44.99 x2 - two left.  

not terrible performance given the cheap buyins for the Cycle chase and ironman sets but still thought they would get to at least $40 by now. probably need to switch to FBA but that will be next year's project.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Not sure if this qualifies but, I swapped one of my 10221 SSD for a high-spec mountain bike that was given to somebody as an employee bonus (worth £1500) and I know I can then sell that for £1000+ ;-)

now that is the next frontier for brickvesting - bartering/swapping for other goods and services.  i'm trying to figure out how many chickens i could get for a Grand Emporium.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 5

Not to be a wierdo, but you guys need to be more careful posting pics. The cached post image on mobile app is the guy's name that purchased your set. Maybe you accidentally posted that first.

I sold this very nice chocolate today. Will take a bit to replace that cache, but...

57e74313bdb09_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I have been undercuting most of you to meet my holiday quota for amazon, thanksgiving dinnners, santas visits, etc. I am sure they will pop soon enough, but I need to clear some shelf space and I am more than doubling up on most.

now that explains why there was such a lull :( { on my amz sales }

Edited by newbie77

I have been undercuting most of you to meet my holiday quota for amazon, thanksgiving dinnners, santas visits, etc. I am sure they will pop soon enough, but I need to clear some shelf space and I am more than doubling up on most.

Quit being "that guy". :P

Match lowest, don't undercut. The sales will come.

• Like 5