What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 6 years later...

I sold just about nothing the past few months (summer months) and the other day sold a bunch of non-LEGO items and a 30320 Gallimimus Trap for $20. I thought they were all from the same buyer since the transactions happened so close to each other, but nope.

September rolls around and just like that people start buying again, like clockwork :devil:

• Like 3

On 9/11/2016 at 7:59 PM, exciter1 said:

EBay
10937 - Arkham Asylum Breakout - $268

FBA
40221 - Park Fountain Promo - $26
9464 - MF: Vampyre Hearse - $58
70133 - Chima: Spinlyn's Cavern - $48
10241 - Maersk Triple-E - $290
40141 - Bricktober Hotel - $35
850487 - Halloween Accessory Set - $33
850449 - Hawaiian Luau - $30
76007 - SH: Malibu Mansion Attack - $60
70126 - Chima: Crocodile Legend Beast - $30
8092 - SW: Luke's Landspeeder - $69
41085 - Friends: Vet Clinic - $40
75049 - SW: Snowspeeder - $68
76005 - SH: Daily Bugle Showdown - $80
70723 - NInjago: Thunder Raider - $90
70403 - Castle: Dragon Mountain - $110
41050 - Princess: Ariel's Amazing Treasure - $40
41008 - Friends: Heartlake City Pool - $70
60061 - City: Airport Fire Truck - $90
70006 - Chima: Cragger's Command Ship - $110
Lots of Friends Animal Polys - market price
A dozen or so individual Series 2 Mixels - market price

wow are you diverse

• Like 3

Realized I mispriced my Black Manta Attack set as I broke even after fees and shipping selling it at $65 CDN. D'oh.

The pain evaporated later that day though when I sold a Megablocks Halo Countdown that I bought at $40 for $150.

19 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

I sold just about nothing the past few months (summer months) and the other day sold a bunch of non-LEGO items and a 30320 Gallimimus Trap for $20. I thought they were all from the same buyer since the transactions happened so close to each other, but nope.

September rolls around and just like that people start buying again, like clockwork :devil:

My summer was quiet but not dead quiet thankfully. Since the start of the year I've been picking up various sets on sale in anticipation of the post Labour Day Christmas season. I think things will really kick into high gear after Force Friday and a lot of sets start to disappear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Realized I mispriced my Black Manta Attack set as I broke even after fees and shipping selling it at $65 CDN. D'oh.

The pain evaporated later that day though when I sold a Megablocks Halo Countdown that I bought at $40 for $150.

My summer was quiet but not dead quiet thankfully. Since the start of the year I've been picking up various sets on sale in anticipation of the post Labour Day Christmas season. I think things will really kick into high gear after Force Friday and a lot of sets start to disappear.

And as I was packaging the Halo set I had another Brick Bounty sell for $200 CDN on Amazon. 3 sets in 3 days. This is more like it.

• Like 1

So this is probably the wrong thread to ask, but there's been a lot of talk of the Xmas sales uptick. I am a rookie (about 4 months so far). I have only sold on BL and CL so far, as all the EBay/Amazon horror stories and fees have kept me away. I've sold about $1,000 worth so far, with about $4k (value, not buy-in) in stock.  I'm a dirty QF'r, not a long term investor, because I don't have the storage space, cajones, or patience for the long game.  Have y'all had good luck with CL during Christmas? I'd like to move at least $2,500 during the last quarter. FYI my sets are mostly sets from the recent Walmart/Target/B&N clearances with about a quarter being new and used sets from CL, sets are a nice mix of SW, Ninjago, Friends, Elves, Princess, City, Technic with prices ranging from $5-$350. 

Edited by TigerEyez

So this is probably the wrong thread to ask, but there's been a lot of talk of the Xmas sales uptick. I am a rookie (about 4 months so far). I have only sold on BL and CL so far, as all the EBay/Amazon horror stories and fees have kept me away. I've sold about $1,800 worth so far, with about $4k (value, not buy-in) in stock.  I'm a dirty QF'r, not a long term investor, because I don't have the storage space, cajones, or patience for the long game.  Have y'all had good luck with CL during Christmas? I'd like to move at least $2,500 during the last quarter. FYI my sets are mostly sets from the recent Walmart/Target/B&N clearances with about a quarter being new and used sets from CL, sets are a nice mix of SW, Ninjago, Friends, Elves, Princess, City, Technic with prices ranging from $5-$350. 

Success on Craigslist is very regional, you're lucky.

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Success on Craigslist is very regional, you're lucky.

I edited my sales down to $1,000, b/c I realized I had the $800 worth of sets I traded my estate sale Cafe Corner for in my spreadsheet. That helps my numbers look better if my wife ever peeks at it.

I've done about 50% each on BL and CL. 

Over the last two weeks, i've sold off 2 more AT-AT's a smidge over 140 + shipping. I have slowly leaked a few out about every 4 months from my stock. It's a game.  I'm sitting on a little bit of stock left, and debating what I want to do with the last of them.... sell or keep... sell or keep. At-Act or no At-Act... ohh the horror.  Regardless, so far every one has easily doubled my money so if they never make it to a complete triple, i'll be ok with that.

Also, sold 2 Raptor Escapes for 110 +, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids for 45, Jedi Interceptors for 58, my last 9493 X-wing for 170.  I also started blowing out about 20 single packed minifigures that I had laying around from Simpsons series 1 and onward.  I kind of held off selling anything over the summer in prep for the coming months.  Let the fun begin, I suppose.  

There are a few sets, i'm considering selling a little earlier than anticipated.  One would be the T-16 skyhopper - with another Tusken Raider coming, this one's value could peak right now before falling 15 to 20.00.  The others would be jabba themed sets.  Especially the rancor pits,  and Jabba's Sail Barges...  I'm willing to keep my remaining Gunships from that year for the long haul, but those other 2013 wave sets - i'm not sure about holding them further beyond this year.  Seems like they might start to go back into the jabba theme with the upcoming desert skiff.  Wouldn't doubt if we see UCS JABBA'S PALACE, and it turns out to be just the Rancor Pit and Jabba's Palace pieced together with 4 new minifigures, and a new cheese slope ontop of Jabba's Hukka Pipe, while everything else in the set is the same.   

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

20x Friends 41007 Pet Salons for £200 cash locally - break even. It seems like the Dolphin Cruiser was the only Friends set worth investing in and this has now hit a wall.