What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 6 years later...

Sold my creator townhouse 4954 for $180 on ebay, buy in was $40. Manuals, complete but no box. It was a great build and I was a little sorry to see it go but that's what we're here for...building and making money...so I got to do both...Tried to explain that concept to my 6 year old son...we need to understand that attachment should be kept at a minimum in the ultimate pursuit of profit. We also put a math lesson in there regarding $180 - $40 and fees and what not...good for everyone all around. This was probably the best buy I have had yet but on to the next ;) 

• Like 6

I am the worst reseller in history. I usually only sell on Craigslist. I put an ad up a couple times a year.  I keep it up for about a week and I move about $2000 or so. I have made some very loyal customers and have found some very good connections. One connection I made is a guy from another state that makes his entire living selling on Amazon. Last year he discovered Lego reselling and he has been a huge customer of mine ever since. This year alone he has bought about $6000 .  That's why I'm the worst. I hate shipping and dealing with returns and fees and all that other stuff. So I sell to him so he can make the extra profit. We have an agreement. As long as he can make at least $10 after fees he buys it. I sacrifice a bit of profit for no headaches. I get to keep buying like a reseller and I also get to keep adding to my collection and it's stress-free. I love it.

Edited by Thanos75
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

I am the worst reseller in history. I usually only sell on Craigslist. I put an ad up a couple times a year.  I keep it up for about a week and I move about $2000 or so. I have made some very loyal customers and have found some very good connections. One connection I made is a guy from another state that makes his entire living selling on Amazon. Last year he discovered Lego reselling and he has been a huge customer of mine ever since. This year alone he has bought about $6000 .  That's why I'm the worst. I hate shipping and dealing with returns and fees and all that other stuff. So I sell to him so he can make the extra profit. We have an agreement. As long as he can make at least $10 after fees he buys it. I sacrifice a bit of profit for no headaches. I get to keep buying like a reseller and I also get to keep adding to my collection and it's stress-free. I love it.

i don't think you are doing bad. you are doing it well than the other person. if you do it right you are never going to get stuck with inventory that doesn't move.

Guest TabbyBoy

10225 R2-D2 for £250 cash.

350 assorted polybags (freebies left over from newspaper promotions) for £500 cash.

I've also made contact with an independent toy shop owner who will offer to buy the bulk of my "buyer's remorse" sets (mostly Friends crap) at cost which is still 60-75% off RRP.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

From now on I will know you as @TabbyBoy's American cousin. :lol:

LOL - I've not cleared mine out yet as I'm holding a few back in case there's a "companion" set soon.

BTW... I've offloaded all my remaining Friends sets at break-even to a toy shop:

33x Pet Salons at £13.50 each

12x Karate Class at £5 each

21x Catwalk at £4.50 each

14x Hot Air Balloon at £9 each

On September 19, 2016 at 5:24 PM, asharerin said:

Finished selling thru Research Institute 21110 on Amazon. 143 units FBA for $42.70 - $42.80. Buy in $15.60 (purchased 1/2015). $33.06 after all fees and shipping.

Not the best return in the world but FBA made it oh so easy.

Where did you buy those Research Institutes?

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Where did you buy those Research Institutes?

Sorry to step in... I bought my large quantity by asking 8 work colleagues to become VIPs and order 5x in multiple orders. I took them all out for a drink and bought dinner as thanks. I also popped into every LEGO store I passed and bought the maximum I could (using cash!) as I knew they'd do well. The same with Mars Rovers even though I had a colleague in the US that was desperate to get rid of his (divorce) huge stash that I gladly helped him with.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Sold a bunch of Toys R Us minifigures sets for 30€ a piece. Buy-in was about 17€ with shipping.

4x musicians

2x warriors

4x athletes

About 120€ net profit for those.

Finally sold one of my 60112 Fire Engines for 40€ as well. Buy-in was 25€.

Today has been a very good day so far :)

1 hour ago, TANV said:

I sold the LEGO Disney Castle 71040 on eBay. The box was damaged but still sealed. A nice tidy sum of $430 plus about $23 shipping. Still, some profit to be made after fees and taxes.

So what can one make if they get a hold of a castle ? roughly $25 profit ??