Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

2 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Ah something new to watch out for.

Down Under we are usually one and done marketplace - one shipment and that's it. Eg Scooby Doo, DVD's with minifigs, Advent Calender's and my favourite polybags over the last three years only 11 types of polybags were made available (that's in total - not per year).

There are also plenty examples of multiple restocks. Star Wars, Ideas, City, Creator and Creator expert are never one and done.

I have not checked the codes on my Halloween sets but virtually all b&m sets on Aus have the dreaded "g" code. If it says they were made in week 25 2018 then that is not leftover stock from last year.

Edited by ED-209
  • Like 1

Think g is China.

32 minutes ago, ED-209 said:

There are also plenty examples of multiple restocks. Star Wars, Ideas, City, Creator and Creator expert are never one and done.

I have not checked the codes on my Halloween sets but virtually all b&m sets on Aus have the dreaded "g" code. If it says they were made in week 25 2018 then that is not leftover stock from last year.

Yep. JW sets have been restocked aswell around me. Were almost all gone awhile back but now they are back with a vengeance.

Checked my Hallowe’en sets the code 22S8. Which is a bit of a bummer but if still on the shelves during a 20% off sale at Big W, I’ll armsweep.
Agree on the restocks - the first Jurassic World Series was 1 and done (completely missed it). Made the mistake of purchasing extra palace cinemas (thank f@&k it’s finally retired). I think this is the first year that the Xmas creator experts sets from the last two years are available again? Ideas sets from Doctor who onwards have had multiple restocks. I think the Beatles set might have been a 1 and done?

On 10/25/2018 at 11:03 PM, ED-209 said:

Not too mad. Hitting at least 100 AUD and climbing. If you got it 20% off (average discount for that over here) it wouldve been a 58 buck buy in.

Guess the fact Doctor Who is a Limey doesnt help and now even worse has Trans gendered. 

Personally thinking should have gone the other way and given the job to Liam Neeson reverting back to his native Belfast accent, would have given the 

role some much needed character and helped bump up the value of my stash.

Edited by grabbitfast

31 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Guess the fact Doctor Who is a Limey doesnt help and now even worse has Trans gendered. 

Personally thinking should have gone the other way and given the job to Liam Neeson reverting back to his native Belfast accent, would have given the 

role some much needed character and helped bump up the value of my stash.

EXTERMINATE! is so much more to the point, though.

• Like 1

Had a stall at a Lego market on the weekend (8:30 - 2:45) Table cost $35. Temperature 30+, no air con, only fans in a tin shed exhibition hall.

Stoked about what I sold, but I was woefully prepared for how busy I would be. I had plans to make a note of what was sold and price, but after the first half hour, this was abandoned and I focused on completing sales and keeping the tables full of product.

Went with a view to sell these larger sets: Palace Cinema, Mystery Mansion, Santa's Workshop, Winter Village Market, Deep Sea Exploration Vessel and 60004 Fire Station. Sold all but the Fire Station @ 2 x price paid. The Fire Station came home with me.

Friends sets I had purchased from Woollies on boxing day (Heartlake Gift Delivery & Heartlake Surf Shop) and Aldi Friends book and polybag sets - all sold

City sets - only sold a few small cars, eg Rally Cars, Monster Trucks

Batboat Harbour, 2015 Star Wars Advent Calendars and some Rogue One Buildables - gone

Ninjago - did not sell one set or polybag - I sell these all the time on eBay - go figure

Farewelled books with minifigs, old baseplates

My daughter and I had rebuilt a lot of sets from bulk buys over the past month and we sold 20 - 30 rebuilt sets (stocktake later will give final figures)

We sold 50+ polybags - no idea yet what was sold have to trust in the fact everything had a price sticker and was priced with a least a 75% markup on purchase price.

Next weekend I'll have to do a full stock-take and put everything away properly, as when we got home and shoved everything back into the garage, we just collapsed into the pool.

If I was to do this again:

Get some sort of display carousels or shelving for elevation on table.

I wouldn't attempt to do this without help. Miss 11 was invaluable and I was very impressed with her Maths skills and ability to make change - didn't accept a $50 without showing me first.

Bring plenty of water and deodorant.

Kids know Lego - I listened to plenty of kids tell their parents what was rare and what wasn't (Gladdens the heart).

Source more discounted Friends and Elves sets.

My table got pretty messy - I would try to make it more visually appealing - quite a few people don't like touching and looking through items.

Ignore ignorant people - the number who said Advent calendars are $35 at Big W...

• Like 4

If you are interested in Ninjago Movie sets - check out Target.

70615 Fire Mech $49 (50% off RRP). I was moving away from larger sets, but with eBay sold prices at $130 - couldn't go past these.

Quake Mechs and Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate were also 50% off - both at $90 - my quick in-store referencing of eBay sale results. Hard pass

75188 - Resistance Bomber was $120, but I have seen these at target in August for $99 - another Hard Pass