Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

LEGO Shop at Home au has some items in the "sale" section of the website again. Only about 10% discount, so you can find sets cheaper elsewhere but now we're going to have a warehouse over here do you think they'll finally have things for sale other than keyrings and pencils a bit more often?

Hi Alucard.  I've been getting back into Lego the last few years and enjoy checking this site for tips on getting cheaper sets.  I'm a collector not an investor, although I do sell the odd set to help fund one I like better.  It's always a tough choice to decide which one to sell because I only buy stuff i'd be happy to build and display.  I like Technic and Creator sets, hence my earlier Technic question.  I also enjoy the scavenger hunt aspect buying from obscure online toyshops, waiting patiently for bargains at Kmart etc, snagging an awesome deal like the 30% off UCS MF I got the other day.  It's also a lot of fun watching you people gamble on Lego trends - less fun to see the sets I could have got a much better deal on.  Keep up the great work team!

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 4:40 PM, Nigel 1 said:

I also enjoy the scavenger hunt aspect buying from obscure online toyshops, waiting patiently for bargains at Kmart etc, snagging an awesome deal like the 30% off UCS MF I got the other day.  It's also a lot of fun watching you people gamble on Lego trends - less fun to see the sets I could have got a much better deal on. 

this. I agree. Yesterday in my local Big W  they had Ninjago Movie theme sets for about 40% off, yet in another Big W near my work, no such sale. Finding those little gems is a little addictive. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nigel 1 said:

I’m liking this Myers sale, will prob get diner and ninjago docks.

https://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/all-toys/brand-lego/lego-shop-all

Nice. Also go to the Myer ebay store and double check, at the moment ebay are offering me another 15% off purchases and for me it looks 'stakable' with this sale as well.

http://www.ebaystores.com.au/myer-store-official/_i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=lego&_sc=1&_sid=1416796423&_sop=3&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=3

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:10 PM, Furious_george said:

According to CS , our new and shiny wharehouse IS in Eastern creek , NSW. My last order was made on a Friday and arrived following Tuesday.

can confirm as FG said. I ordered Monday (from LegShop @ Home) and got product on Wednesday. I live on the far north coast of NSW.