Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

3 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Also, it's a giant hassle trying to explain to people that I have no way to pay for customs and that the shipping fee that they paid is only for shipping. I do not know anything about their local customs and while it does suck that their $50 item has $40 in customs fees I can't do anything about that.

As a buyer I must admit it is scary as hell ordering international with the customs charges as I am never sure if they are to the correct amount and if the seller has accounted for it properly.

2 hours ago, KvHulk said:

Shootouts in hockey.

Just wish the Blackhawks could last long enough to get to that stage :( still Cubs are back today.

• 2 weeks later...

Sellers who feel the need to spam ebay with multiple  listings of the same item, obviously by the same seller with multiple accounts (today it´s the turrn of Dragon Sanctuary).

Christmas was the time these were selling multiples per day, not March. Listing so many just shows its not scarce and creates a stand-off between buyers and sellers until one blinks and I can guess who it will be.

When you have that one long hair in your mustache that's half an inch longer than all the rest and constantly hangs down into your mouth annoying you several times a day, and every time you freak out thinking you have a stray hair in your mouth until you realize it's connected to your face.

Edited by Stud-Flipper

On 3/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, Stud-Flipper said:

When you have that one long hair in your mustache that's half an inch longer than all the rest and constantly hangs down into your mouth annoying you several times a day, and every time you freak out thinking you have a stray hair in your mouth until you realize it's connected to your face.

2 hours ago, Stud-Flipper said:

I have a piece of meat stuck in my tooth, and I don't have any toothpicks at home, and I'm too lazy to go to the store and buy some.

Life has its ups and downs. Lots of hard times. Keep your head up, never give up and I'm sure it will be ok one day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, KvHulk said:

RIP Stephen Hawking.

He was an inspiration to us all and a truly great man of our time. Well worthy of a LEGO tribute.

62EDBD67-1D22-4768-B20C-CCF08DD1CD99.jpeg

Edited by TabbyBoy

What's the deal with macaroni and cheese. It seems like nobody knows how to make it right. Every single time I go to a church dinner/family gathering/wedding, someone's always brought a big dish of it that they've "cooked". And my main gripe is it's never cheesy enough. All the macaroni and hardly any cheese. And it's always sort of dry and chewy, with that generic cheese flavoring. When I'm eating mac and cheese, I want it to be nice and hot and gooey and CHEESY. 

• Like 2

Growing up, macaroni and cheese was my soul food. I made it my sole mission to master the craft with absolute perfection. What can I say, I loved the stuff. Don't make the dish much as I used to but once in a while and still got it. For that I am admittedly rather picky when I see what others cooked claiming to be mac and cheese when it looks like melted lumps of Cheetos and tastes of burnt toast. Even when they get boxes of Kraft brand mac & cheese, they still mess that up then again the directions (last time I bought any that is) when it comes to mixing the boiled pasta, butter, cheese powder with milk at the same time is just not right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Growing up, macaroni and cheese was my soul food. I made it my sole mission to master the craft with absolute perfection. What can I say, I loved the stuff. Don't make the dish much as I used to but once in a while and still got it. For that I am admittedly rather picky when I see what others cooked claiming to be mac and cheese when it looks like melted lumps of Cheetos and tastes of burnt toast. Even when they get boxes of Kraft brand mac & cheese, they still mess that up then again the directions (last time I bought any that is) when it comes to mixing the boiled pasta, butter, cheese powder with milk at the same time is just not right.

When I was like 13 I was home alone with my mom, and it was evening time and she was in her room busy on the computer. After me begging and begging, she finally agreed to let me cook dinner for the first time by myself. It was pretty simple, one of those big family size mac and cheese kits. Well, silly me skimmed through the directions hurriedly and started, so eager to be a cook. Only I guess I didn't realize it was for the whole box and not per serving, and so somehow instead of using 1 cup of water, I used 8. And of course it came out a big soppy  cheese water mess, completely irreversible. 

I have made the watery mess myself before. Haha. Closest to 'fixing' it one tried doing was boiling out the excess but of course that eventually lead to some burning of the mix if I did not almost constantly stir. I found a couple of the flavors like white cheddar or the limited run of alfredo to have a bad habit of turning out rather watery regardless when using the whole amount of milk prescribed. Instead I pour a little bit in at a time while stirring until getting the desired consistency on the side of extra thick.