Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

39 minutes ago, KShine said:

I miss the days when LEGO values would increase - Remember when our biggest problem was not having purchased enough of the best performers.

I guess I can consider I was lucky enough to experience the tail end of the F5 days on SAH, Walmart etc. Today, the speculation thread is dead. Very few on here comment on what they are scooping and showing their "stockroom" in fear of creating competition. In my opinion what made "the chase" few years ago has disappeared today.

Edited by tacsniper

15 hours ago, redghostx said:

Everything about home made Mac and cheese is great except for the 35-40 minutes it takes for me to make the sauce

Not to mention the amount of cleanup when done. I do enjoy cooking but my goodness the mess it all makes. At the least the meal is filling and usually with plenty of leftovers for later.

Not to mention the amount of cleanup when done. I do enjoy cooking but my goodness the mess it all makes. At the least the meal is filling and usually with plenty of leftovers for later.

I agree and I also love cooking but I always feel the need to clean up while I'm cooking just to avoid the giant mess at the end. Thank goodness for pizza!

The clean up after making dessert is even worse...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stud-Flipper said:

Those people, who drive around with the big dealership price tag of their new car still stuck to the front window. Just annoys me, like oooh congrats you want me to know you spent $82,999 

LOL...True...$42,999 is not an impressive car purchase...Just sayin'...Corrected it for you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

My 10yo daughter got a bunch of stuff for her birthday but she literally screamed out loud when she got a Robux card. I just don't get it.

My son still has gifts from Christmas just sitting in his room...not opened or played with.  All he wants is an XBOX card(s).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

My son does that sometimes too.  I've sold stuff still on his shelf and he didn't even notice.

I have done that before, but to their open toys. I let them know about it recently and now they do a quick inventory every time they clean up their toys. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I have done that before, but to their open toys. I let them know about it recently and now they do a quick inventory every time they clean up their toys. 

Nope, this is to the new/sealed stuff that's unopened.  Sometimes it just disappears.  You can blame them later for misplacing it, if asked.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Nope, this is to the new/sealed stuff that's unopened.  Sometimes it just disappears.  You can blame them later for misplacing it, if asked.

We've done this when throwing stuff out too .. "I asked you to pick it up and clean up your mess... Don't blame me because you can't find it."

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, redghostx said:

I agree and I also love cooking but I always feel the need to clean up while I'm cooking just to avoid the giant mess at the end.

Same here or try to. Ha.

Thank goodness for pizza!

I've homemade(ish) that too; end up putting together some quirky gourmet dish with whatever wacky concoction of ingredients I feel like resulting in a not quite deep dish style pizza. Pizza is one food similar to sandwiches or pasta I guess where you can get really creative and still tastes pretty good. However that also means an even bigger mess. Haha.

The clean up after making dessert is even worse...

The closest dessert I have made myself anymore are the equivalent to snow cones where you pour some flavored syrup/mix on blended ice. Only thing to cleanup is the food processor, the serving glass, and spoon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I went to relist something that I had 40 variations on and Ebay added back everything I had sold previously. I had to end the listing until I could get home and do an inventory to remove all the items that I didn't actually have any quantity of anymore.

Could you send me a link to your ebay store? And why is everyone complaining about cooking? I LOVE COOKING!

12 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I went to relist something that I had 40 variations on and Ebay added back everything I had sold previously. I had to end the listing until I could get home and do an inventory to remove all the items that I didn't actually have any quantity of anymore.

I've had to cancel two orders this year because eBay has automatically reset the quantity available in BIN relistings to the original number instead of last currently available.

And for this I give them 10% plus store fee.

Starting to wonder who is the bigger idiot...

2 hours ago, Saruman said:

And why is everyone complaining about cooking? I LOVE COOKING!

It is not so much about the cooking but rather all the mess the process itself leaves you with. I honestly enjoy cooking as well, just don't always have energy left for the cleanup. Still when all's said and done, one can't beat the filling fulfillment in dining on your own dish.

34 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

It is not so much about the cooking but rather all the mess the process itself leaves you with. I honestly enjoy cooking as well, just don't always have energy left for the cleanup. Still when all's said and done, one can't beat the filling fulfillment in dining on your own dish.

The agreement in our house is: one cooks, the other cleans up.  And we trade duties regularly.

At one grandma's house, growing up, we were only ever served casseroles.  Now that I'm older, I think this was so she could clean most everything up while it baked, and she could then recruit family members to wash the table dishes for her afterwards.