Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

22 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Grouted for sure or just silicone? You're supposed to silicone the toilet to the floor to help keep the toilet from moving around when a big ol' butt sits on it and to keep little boys from making a mess underneath (and once that wetness gets underneath and to the flange area, it'll rot the sub-floor pretty quick).

If it is old silicone, it can be as hard as grout. Use an old putty knife, lay it flat underneath and try to hit it with a hammer. Don't use a flat head screwdriver or you'll likely crack the toilet.

If it really is grout, you're SOL. Chip away... carefully. ;)

(most contractors DO NOT put that bead of silicone around the bottom because it's a pain to put the toilet down nice and square without making a mess)

Yeah it was old silicone, yellowed to match the old grout between the tiles. Not trying to think what made it yellow. I've installed a few toilets and have seen a few toilets being installed, and none of them were siliconed down, so this took me by surprise. As I suspected it to be grout, I used a chisel to get through to it (minor damage to the tiles, won't show once the same toilet gets installed again anyways). Once it was loose in one corner, and I wiggled the toilet up and down a bit using the chisel the silicone cracked and I was in business.

Next complaint: looks like we have a case of a cracked flange ..... wonder why it didn't leak earlier. Anyways, off to Lowe's to get some pipe ... and I was all ready to do serious work today, not play contractor .... darn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Well played . I had 20$ on dcd making first comment . 

I think he quit us. =( he's been quiet since he got asked to "tone it down".  It's been quiet without him.  

9 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Trivia question : how much does a hacker weigh ? 

It depends.  Is said hacker in the process of doing the good cyber or bad cyber?

• Like 2

My complaint is about the recent GUI redesigned of Lego's shop @ home website.  It's terrible.  Finding items and info are harder than ever. So many clicks are needed now to accomplished something that took 1-2 on the older design (e.g. Viewing all exclusives, finding all seasonal stuff, finding order status, customer support links to see each set's elements).  Thank god their search works.  

I'm usually one to never complain about web site UI refreshes but this redesign is terrible.   Sure, it looks nicer but the UI functionality is awful and not straight forward.  I can't believe this redesigned layout was approved.  Oh, and browing the web site on a mobile phone is even worse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

My complaint is about the recent GUI redesigned of Lego's shop @ home website.  It's terrible.  Finding items and info are harder than ever. So many clicks are needed now to accomplished something that took 1-2 on the older design (e.g. Viewing all exclusives, finding all seasonal stuff, finding order status, customer support links to see each set's elements).  Thank god their search works.  

I'm usually one to never complain about web site UI refreshes but this redesign is terrible.   Sure, it looks nicer but the UI functionality is awful and not straight forward.  I can't believe this redesigned layout was approved.  Oh, and browing the web site on a mobile phone is even worse.

I find the odd similarities between old website vs new website and 10188 vs 75159 interesting :D

• Like 1

This is a 2-for-1. I went to the post office the other day to pick up a package and some dude was shipping out three or four boxes...

The woman he was with was sitting on the counter playing on her phone. Seriously? I've never seen a grown adult sit on a store counter before.

I've got two identical orders of the resistance troop transporter from last night that got through to in warehouse ... No confirmation emails and no desire to keep two. Stupid website. The best part was after it gave that red error banner, it would clear my cart and 50% of the time it was losing my VIP account details too. I don't know what the hell they are trying to do that generates the errors, but my account details being cleared should not be tied to a failure to process an order!

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:09 AM, GiliusThunderhead said:

Someone offering me a Grand Emporium (10211) for 2x sealed R5 (10240) and then getting aggressive when i say no thanks. Telling me what a great deal I'm missing out on and what a favor they were doing me.  Even if R5 was still available at retail i think that's a suspect trade.

Some people just can't take "no". Well if this person is looking for a great deal, I have a bridge to sell them! It's not used, just 'preowned'.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

GF has been cigarette free for a month.  sounds great but if the *ithing and crying outburst don't stop I might snap.