Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

This topic began as place for members to voice their anger about Lego-related complaints/ issues.  I know it's gone off topic at times but here's the canned mod post...

There are better areas on the internet (such as social media : Twitter, Facebook, etc..) ) to voice your opinions and statements about these sensitive issues.  

We totally understand a post or two venting about the spouse, something political, bad tasting corn dogs, etc..  However, let's avoid the terrorism, riots, protesting and gunfire talk.  

If you disagree with my post, PM me and I'll escalate to Ed and Jeff for their thoughts.

• Like 2

This topic began as place for members to voice their anger about Lego-related complaints/ issues.  I know it's gone off topic at times but here's the canned mod post...

There are better areas on the internet (such as social media : Twitter, Facebook, etc..) ) to voice your opinions and statements about these sensitive issues.  

We totally understand a post or two venting about the spouse, something political, bad tasting corn dogs, etc..  However, let's avoid the terrorism, riots, protesting and gunfire talk.  

If you disagree with my post, PM me and I'll escalate to Ed and Jeff for their thoughts.

Maybe this shouldn't be in the "really non-Lego related stuff" section, if it's for Lego related stuff. I guess that's my complaint. As far as corn dogs and spouses, those are in every thread. So OK. NP. Got it.

Maybe this shouldn't be in the "really non-Lego related stuff" section, if it's for Lego related stuff. I guess that's my complaint. As far as corn dogs and spouses, those are in every thread. So OK. NP. Got it.

There is a big difference between complaining that your neighbor steals your newspaper (not LEGO related) and complaining about controversial political topics.

Mostly people just read and move on, but it's risky to allow them all the time because eventually a steelblock comes along and really causes a stir. Then members get all annoyed, pull out their popcorn and the mods need to get all poopy while exciter posts pictures and ToK finds more cool mechs.

And yes, you are the main culprit. ;)

I've been messaging a person to go see a UCS Super Star Destroyer for a couple of days now, was hoping to go buy it tomorrow but now complete radio silence. Dissapointing more really, person probably got a better offer from someone but seller could have at least told me, he said the set is mine, removed listing and told me to come up pick it up, now nothing.

Edited by Mhd747

There is a big difference between complaining that your neighbor steals your newspaper (not LEGO related) and complaining about controversial political topics.

Mostly people just read and move on, but it's risky to allow them all the time because eventually a steelblock comes along and really causes a stir. Then members get all annoyed, pull out their popcorn and the mods need to get all poopy while exciter posts pictures and ToK finds more cool mechs.

And yes, you are the main culprit.

Message received, loud and clear. It will not happen again.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

@dcdfan feel free to pm me with rants if you want.  I may not totally agree all the time but I live in a sort of media blackout so your "rants" often lead to me sticking my head out of the sand. 

Having a 4 year old that loves to build.

I love it and I love him. But dude, slow down! I'm far behind on my inventory and keeping track of what you've built and where it is. He'll play with it for a week or two and then move on. Which is fine, but I'd like the sets to stay together a bit.

I'm out of build buckets. Just give me a day or two to get organized again!

• Like 4

Message received, loud and clear. It will not happen again.

It's such a grey area... And nobody is trying to curb some good old complaining. I've used this thread to complain about plenty and probably a political thing or two but there are certain topics that for the moment are probably better left to Facebook. :P
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gregpj said:

It's such a grey area... And nobody is trying to curb some good old complaining. I've used this thread to complain about plenty and probably a political thing or two but there are certain topics that for the moment are probably better left to Facebook. :P

BP was my Facebook.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

eBay sellers that state a faster shipping method in their listing than what they actually ship.  Parcel select is not Priority and Smartpost is not FedEx Home/Ground, I had back to back sellers pull this stunt.

If you paid for shipping, you should demand refund of shipping cost.  Otherwise, feedback is there for a reason ;)

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

eBay sellers that state a faster shipping method in their listing than what they actually ship.  Parcel select is not Priority and Smartpost is not FedEx Home/Ground, I had back to back sellers pull this stunt.

I'm a free shipping kind of seller, and I always put the slowest method down as my shipping method.  That way, if there's a faster option that makes sense for me, I can always give a "I've upgraded your shipping for free!" note to the buyer.

5 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Slow BL sellers. I ordered on 9/15. Invoiced on 9/20. Paid 9/20. It's 9/26 and my order is still not marked "packed" let alone "shipped".

how large is your order? or some of them actually ship without updating status. some ship via envelop with parts and 45c postage. :)

Edited by newbie77

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If you paid for shipping, you should demand refund of shipping cost.  Otherwise, feedback is there for a reason ;)

They were listed as free shipping, but did specify the type of shipping.  It's not a big enough deal to me to ding someone's feedback, just annoying.

19 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm a free shipping kind of seller, and I always put the slowest method down as my shipping method.  That way, if there's a faster option that makes sense for me, I can always give a "I've upgraded your shipping for free!" note to the buyer.

That's how I roll too, although I've never thought to send a note stating "You've been upgraded".

Edited by fuzzy_bricks
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Toilets that have been grouted down to the floor. WTF. We've got a leaky wax seal, big old stain on the drywall ceiling below it, and I cannot get the toilet off of the tile floor.

Grouted for sure or just silicone? You're supposed to silicone the toilet to the floor to help keep the toilet from moving around when a big ol' butt sits on it and to keep little boys from making a mess underneath (and once that wetness gets underneath and to the flange area, it'll rot the sub-floor pretty quick).

If it is old silicone, it can be as hard as grout. Use an old putty knife, lay it flat underneath and try to hit it with a hammer. Don't use a flat head screwdriver or you'll likely crack the toilet.

If it really is grout, you're SOL. Chip away... carefully. ;)

(most contractors DO NOT put that bead of silicone around the bottom because it's a pain to put the toilet down nice and square without making a mess)

• Like 1