Minecraft - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Don't fear the creeper.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End

• 2 weeks later...

21105 The Village

21106 The Nether 

Sold Out at shop at home in US - not sure if this is news or not - maybe i missed the memo? 

They sell out every year... and I make a stupid amount on the stash of them I saved throughout the year. Buy them quick. lol.

Sell them as a set of 4 with the new one for $189ish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you think is the investment value of minecraft micro world sets? The playability and value seems to be inferior to the new minecraft series ...

no doubt...I would think the vast majority would choose the newer sets...however looking at Amazon prices and the fact that they're nearly double msrp tells me there's interest with exception to the end because it's more readily available.
  • Like 1

no doubt...I would think the vast majority would choose the newer sets...however looking at Amazon prices and the fact that they're nearly double msrp tells me there's interest with exception to the end because it's more readily available.

I agree that the new sets are superior in playability and value. But I'm not sure how important that is for investment value. Won't people want the first ones simply because they were the first ones? I mean, the Jabba's Palace that came out a few years ago is wildly superior to the one that came out in 2003, but collectors will still covet the old one. I bought $350 of Nether, Village, and Forest today, so I sure hope I'm right :)

What do you think is the investment value of minecraft micro world sets? The playability and value seems to be inferior to the new minecraft series ...

I'm not sure. I think yes, some potential, but... meh... I never liked it. These sets are expensive if you consider how small they are. And they are full a 1x1 plates, what a boring build.

Because I'm doubting and wasn't able to get any discount on these (and also because I think the new sets are far better and valuable in everyway) I already sold all my microworld sets (village). No way I would like to be stuck with it and hope to get 10

The old ones will sell because they are accessory sets. You can keep building more and more with them. You don't want just one of them. And they compliment the others.

the new minecraft series are much better because my kids can really play with them and recreate their own minecraft world, whereas for the original series the pieces are so small that they have great difficulties even with tiny fingers.

I saw a few original series in shops but decided to leave them there because I think the original series is like lego scala series which flopped as investments. The new minecraft series is on same scale as the regular lego system themes.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With the current wave of the official theme selling fairly well and a new one out on the horizon in a few months to be released, I wonder if the LEGO/Minecraft relationship will continue onwards into 2016 and beyond. If so what other areas (or biomes) of the game could be done? Maybe a large set for The Village with a couple houses, villagers, and an Iron Golem. There are also swamplands, the beach, strongholds, and a couple other sections I am missing all yielding the potential for more characters and builds. Steve may be the player's main avatar and it is nice to see Alex will make an appearance soon but I would like to see other people inhabit the LEGO world of Minecraft. Also some of the other mobs running about too would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Minecraft continues to kick LEGO Shop at Home's butt , 9 out of 10 sets are out of stock.  5/10 sets are shipping in 30 days (after xmas).  only 1 set in stock - the lowly ENDER DRAGON :).  If a couple of them retire, things will get very interesting.

Target is OOS of a bunch for shipping and local pickup.

Walmart is drying up too.

C'mon minecraft, lets break the DC curse.

i have my stash ready for Timmy's parents.

Edited by cladner