Minecraft - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Don't fear the creeper.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End

With all the discussions about the Lego Minecraft set(s), I figured we needed one topic for all the sorts of random conversation from the sets released to the game itself or even whatever oddball videos one would find across the World Wide Web. ;)

Fallen Kingdom (parody of Coldplay's "Viva la Vida")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sH53vXP2A

Creepers are Terrible (parody of One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful")

Revenge (parody of Usher's "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJUBQd-PNM

Cube Land - original song by Laura Shigihara (Plants vs Zombies Composer)

The visual storyline is cool but for me the real highlight is Laura Shigihara. I've never heard such an amazingly beautiful (or would that be beautifully amazing? either way works) voice. There is not a word in any language that can truly describe how incredible and angelic she is.

I Can Swing My Sword

It's just plain goofy and catchy like the jingle used in those "Meow Mix" commercials. I'm serious, you'll find yourself singing (or humming) this tune for no good reason! Haha.

My favorite is the first one on your list.

Since were posting music videos here is a very well done LEGO version of Viva La Vida.

The first one is a personal favorite as well. It's kinda funny that you mention the LEGO version of the Coldplay tune because I thought about starting another thread listing LEGO music videos and that was going to be the first one! And I agree, it is very well done.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My kids recently got it for the xbox360 - I know just about everyone (young & old) supposedly loves it. The graphics are horrendous (but no one seems to care). For me, I have had my Atari 2600 as a kid - so bad graphics don't impress me so much. But when I commented on the game to my son "what's the point? I just don't get it", He said "Dad, you don't have to"

The point of the game is to build whatever you can imagine. Just like legos! Everything is made out of cubes. The clouds are square shaped, dirt, stone, even the animals are squared shape. There is creative mode where you can just build anything you want without being killed by creepers, zombies, etc. Survival mode is just where you actually play the game and explore your world and have to survive the night when enemies come out. It can be quite suspenseful Im surprised that you don't like it arock because it really is just like legos when it comes to building whatever you can imagine. They are always updating the game so that it doesn't get boring. I have it for the xbox 360 and absolutely love the game because it is harmless fun, unlike most games that are out there today.

I have played Minecraft for a few years now. We host our own private server with mods and a few friends play with me. We collaborate on building large structures in Minecraft like pyramids, buildings, castles and a railroad that runs through it all. Most of the fun is when we log into the game together and build something together. It is virtual Legos to me, and I love it. If you haven't played Minecraft, you will get hooked if you give it a few hours. It really grows on you!

I have played Minecraft for a few years now. We host our own private server with mods and a few friends play with me. We collaborate on building large structures in Minecraft like pyramids, buildings, castles and a railroad that runs through it all. Most of the fun is when we log into the game together and build something together. It is virtual Legos to me, and I love it. If you haven't played Minecraft, you will get hooked if you give it a few hours. It really grows on you!

My friend who plays it 6 or 7 hours everyday introduced me to it about 5 months ago. Played for 9 hours a couple of days after he showed me it. I now maybe play it an hour a month. I just found it kind of pointless. All of my friends play on the Xbox 360 minecraft. I never found a server I liked either.

P.S Watching Star Wars the Clone Wars. (:

Hi Darth, loved your forum name... I am sorry to hear that you found it pointless... I suggest finding at least one other person you know that plays on pc... I find the controls on Xbox slow you down way too much... And figure out something to build together. That, or play pure survival with monsters turned on. I can understand how you got to the point you are at... At times I felt like that myself... But when playing Minecraft collaboratively, I have really had some good times. Maybe if you give it another chance you will have better luck! There are hundreds of thousands of people that love it, but Minecraft isn't for everyone.

Hi Darth, loved your forum name...

I am sorry to hear that you found it pointless... I suggest finding at least one other person you know that plays on pc... I find the controls on Xbox slow you down way too much... And figure out something to build together. That, or play pure survival with monsters turned on. I can understand how you got to the point you are at... At times I felt like that myself... But when playing Minecraft collaboratively, I have really had some good times. Maybe if you give it another chance you will have better luck! There are hundreds of thousands of people that love it, but Minecraft isn't for everyone.

I thought of the name and it was a ligthtbulb turns on moment. (: I can give it another shot and I will ask some people if they play on the Pc. Thanks.

My kids both love this game. So do my best friend's kids. Before I share my opinions on it, I am curious how many of you brick heads out there have played it, and what you think of it. I am expecting..no...COUNTING ON a lot of funny answers here. :)

Good, very good. My lingo is already catching on. (Brick Picker capture rate: 1%)

I've played it before on my brother's account, it was fun. I'm actually looking to get a copy for myself so my brother and I can play.

But when I commented on the game to my son "what's the point? I just don't get it", He said "Dad, you don't have to"

This is so great. I had the EXACT same discussion with my 6 year old daughter. The other night my wife saw it for the first time, and I kid you not, shoe said the exact same thing... "What's the point? I don't get it." It was hilarious. I don't get it either. That's why I posted this, because I wanted to know what the other adults thought.

Good, very good. My lingo is already catching on. (Brick Picker capture rate: 1%)

I've played it before on my brother's account, it was fun. I'm actually looking to get a copy for myself so my brother and I can play.

Yes sir, I told you I was going to use that term. It is a great one! :) Sounds like a couple others are using it too. I saw "brickians" from you the other day too. Liked that one as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know why the 21101 Hayabusa doesn't get the attention that the 21102 Minecraft does? To me, Minecraft isn't that interesting of a game (I am sure many of you will want to argue with me about that), and the Hayabusa looks much nicer/slicker/better as a display set. In terms of value, Minecraft is a better value ($0.07 vs. $0.13 respectively), but many of those pieces are little tile pieces which one can only do so much with. Would someone please help me in understanding this? Thanks.

Many of you probably buy 21102 Minecraft because it was popular and made a quick buck. Any other reason besides that?

That's the only reason I bought Minecraft. To me the 21101 is a much more interesting set to look at. I have a few. Maybe one day they'll be worth something.