Minecraft - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Don't fear the creeper.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End

• 3 months later...

I recently made some extra cash from some extra side work and decided I should buy a LEGO CUUSOO set to invest in. The only problem I have now is which one? It looks like that for now, the one with the best returns is the Minecraft Microworld set, but in the *future*, I think the DeLorean will have some great returns because of the movie. I have also heard that the Curiosity Rover is a good set. What do you all think?

Curiosity Rover has been OOS for a while and just recently came back in stock at the LEGO Shop at Home store.  There has been some speculation that its run will be shorter than the other sets, but I believe Minecraft was also supposed to be limited.  You may want to consider the Ghostbusters CUUSOO set that will be released.  I would guess that it will be popular this next Christmas.

Curiosity Rover has been OOS for a while and just recently came back in stock at the LEGO Shop at Home store.  There has been some speculation that its run will be shorter than the other sets, but I believe Minecraft was also supposed to be limited.  You may want to consider the Ghostbusters CUUSOO set that will be released.  I would guess that it will be popular this next Christmas.

The Ghostbusters set will definitely be popular this Christmas. If the set goes OOS right before Christmas, I can see the price of it rising quickly on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience popularity seems to rank: Village > Original (Forrest) > Nether

Anyone have any idea why this is? Village is like all tan/Brown. Nether has red/black. IMO a little cooler. Does it have to do with what you do in the game?

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

Anyone know the order of popularity for these sets? 21102, 21105 and 21106...

Regarding the actual question. On LEGO LEGO Shop at Home the Original one has the highest "would you reccomend this product" at 95%, then the Nether at 83%, Village at 80%. Not that these mean much but just another piece of information to analyze.

Anyone have any idea why this is? Village is like all tan/Brown. Nether has red/black. IMO a little cooler. Does it have to do with what you do in the game?

Well, while the Nether is cool, the overworld (The Village and the Forest) is what you experience most throughout your adventure. The Nether set is pretty awesome aswell, but it's also the one I didn't find myself buying multiples of like the other two, myself buying 4 forests and 2 villages, with a ton of heavily custom areas, and only one Nether.

Well, while the Nether is cool, the overworld (The Village and the Forest) is what you experience most throughout your adventure. The Nether set is pretty awesome aswell, but it's also the one I didn't find myself buying multiples of like the other two, myself buying 4 forests and 2 villages, with a ton of heavily custom areas, and only one Nether.

Thanks I had no idea because I don't play so stuff doesn't always make sense to an "outsider"

Excuse the ignorance of this question but are these sets still worth getting investment wise?  Since I recently came here on this forum I haven't had the opportunity to check out the price action of these sets during the holidays even though I've heard that in the past just one box could fetch for $75 before Christmas.  There seems to be plenty available now so it almost doesn't seem worth it.  Thoughts?

Excuse the ignorance of this question but are these sets still worth getting investment wise? Since I recently came here on this forum I haven't had the opportunity to check out the price action of these sets during the holidays even though I've heard that in the past just one box could fetch for $75 before Christmas. There seems to be plenty available now so it almost doesn't seem worth it. Thoughts?

It the shortage around Christmas is when you flip them. They didn't have as many as they did now but they are still popular and there are tons sold during the Holidays

Excuse the ignorance of this question but are these sets still worth getting investment wise?  Since I recently came here on this forum I haven't had the opportunity to check out the price action of these sets during the holidays even though I've heard that in the past just one box could fetch for $75 before Christmas.  There seems to be plenty available now so it almost doesn't seem worth it.  Thoughts?

I would say yes, Minecraft is insanely popular with kids. These will be winners.