Minecraft - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Don't fear the creeper.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End

• 3 weeks later...

Minecraft strenght come from the mods community , http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums has 3m registered users and you dont have to register to download a mod.

The main page of the game has more than 100m registered user , and of these 16m bought the game for pc/mac (plus all the pirated copy), plus you have ios, android ps3,xbox360 and soon ps4 and xbox one. The game is big and it's already in the history of videogame , search minecraft in google and then search sony,lego,nintendo.

As for the lego minecraft the big pros are the small package so more ppl can collect them without much space and the good package graphic for display.

The build is nothing special. So the brand is really strong , I do not know how many potential collectors for it.

Just interested in people's opinion regarding the original Minecraft sets. With recent news that there will be a large number of new Minecraft sets to be released soon, what are your guys opinions on the old sets still making a good return at christmas?

Last year I doubled my money on these sets and I'm almost certain I can do it again this year especially if there is a high demand on the new sets resulting in OOS (which I think there will be)

I have just checked Lego.com and the first set is sold out, now I know this does not automatically mean retired but in my experience every time sold out has appeared on there site the set has been retired. If you think about it, this does make sense with the news of the new sets.

I have been a minecraft fan from the days of the beta game and have sat back and watch it grow into a multi million pound business, and I believe there is still a lot of money to be made from these sets.

Very interested in any feedback you guys have to offer.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I just worry the whole Minecraft jamboree is going to pull an Ed Hardy in popularity. Those brightly-colored $88 t-shirts covered in glitter and rhinestones were all anyone could talk about for two years. Now, no one cares about Ed and his hideous shirts, and his products are sold at Love's Travel Centers.

I worry about these sets as a long-term investment.

I just worry the whole Minecraft jamboree is going to pull an Ed Hardy in popularity. Those brightly-colored $88 t-shirts covered in glitter and rhinestones were all anyone could talk about for two years. Now, no one cares about Ed and his hideous shirts, and his products are sold at Love's Travel Centers.

If you think no one cares about those shirts, you haven't been to my gym lol.

• Like 1

You can thank Jon Gosselin for that lol!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...