Disney Princess 2014

boxofcorey

This theme should have a great potential (both for building and investment), but TLG didnt a good job...

a) sets and especially the buildings are awfully designed; this theme offers many interesting scenes, but the sets look strange - for example cinderella castle or Rapunzel

Regarding the Princess line so far, thoughts on whether there's a clear frontrunner? My vote would be for Rapunzel's Tower.

I think Cinderella's Romantic Castle and Dream Carriage make a nicely essential pair followed by Rapunzel's Creativity Tower, and I see the Tower possibly going on sale in a few months say $5-$10 off.

I think Cinderella's Romantic Castle and Dream Carriage make a nicely essential pair followed by Rapunzel's Creativity Tower, and I see the Tower possibly going on sale in a few months say $5-$10 off.

The tower was $31.99 at TRU.com a few days ago.

Wondering when this so-called coronation is going to take place. Girls everywhere have already added Anna and Elsa to the Disney Princess canon, which by the way has rather lax entry requirements. Mulan is not a princess!

Those racists! Poor mulan.

Those racists! Poor mulan.

Oh wait I think I should have phrased that differently. What I meant is that Mulan IS included in the Disney Princess line even though she is technically not a princess. She is a soldier's daughter and eventually she does marry a general, but she was never a princess.

Right now at shopko they are running bogo50, and there is a $10 off $50 coupon that stacks right now. Two Cinderella castles come to $50.10 each after tax for me (5.5% tax rate here). I have been stocking up on dolphin cruisers at the same price (since they both retail at $69.99) and have been pairing the castle with the cruiser when I find a store with an odd number of cruisers in stock. We know how well the cruiser did last year at Christmas. The castle should follow suit this Christmas IMO.

Right now at shopko they are running bogo50, and there is a $10 off $50 coupon that stacks right now. Two Cinderella castles come to $50.10 each after tax for me (5.5% tax rate here). I have been stocking up on dolphin cruisers at the same price (since they both retail at $69.99) and have been pairing the castle with the cruiser when I find a store with an odd number of cruisers in stock. We know how well the cruiser did last year at Christmas. The castle should follow suit this Christmas IMO.

That's a nice deal! Have you considered pairing Cinderella's castle with Cinderella's carriage? Comes to an even $100 (okay, $99.98)

That's a nice deal! Have you considered pairing Cinderella's castle with Cinderella's carriage? Comes to an even $100 (okay, $99.98)

That's a good idea. I must admit, I haven't purchased or really even looked at any of the other sets in the theme yet. I have only been buying the castle because it's the largest in the theme, most iconic and recognizable, and is the same price as the dolphin cruiser which maximizes the value of the bogo sale and coupon. Pairing two carriages together won't be over $50, so I would have to find another $5 somewhere to be able to use the coupon.

Wondering when this so-called coronation is going to take place. Girls everywhere have already added Anna and Elsa to the Disney Princess canon, which by the way has rather lax entry requirements. Mulan is not a princess!

There's an actual "coronation" ceremony where they official induct characters into the Princess "line."

Here is video of when Rapunzel was inducted.  And here is Merida's ceremony.

If Mulan can be a Disney princess, so can Merida (since she is Pixar).

I'm waiting for Princess Leia to get inducted.

• 5 weeks later...

I definitely loaded up on some Disney sets today at the Danbury opening. The secondary market for Disney will be crazier than the Friends Cruiser this Xmas. Mark my words. The sets are amazing, creative and seriously overlooked. Expect the next sets to feature the Frozen princesses. The first time ever in a Disney film with two royal siblings. Once they sell, which they will, the original releases can only do well.