Disney Princess 2014

boxofcorey

I lost one of the cone pieces on the top of my Pet Shop apartment house yesterday :( so I ordered four more ones via shop.lego.com and I got the Repunzel set free! She's already shipping to me but the parts will come later.

Really?? I thought this month's giveaway was the Friends Bakery Stand?

Spotted 30116 Rapunzel's Market Visit at Target today! Grabbed a couple. So happy!

But here's the awesome part: Target's running a deal right now where you can get the 30116 polybag FREE with EACH Disney Princess set purchase. (Meaning, buy 1 DP set, get 1 free 30116 poly; buy 10 DP sets, get 10 free polys.) You can still buy the poly on its own. The DP princess sets unfortunately are not on sale, but I grabbed a bunch of 41050 sets anyway. I forgot to check how much the polys are on their own (They came up as $0 on my receipt). I also forgot to check the end date for this promotion. If anyone has this info, please post. This seems to be an in store promo only. And unadvertised. Weird!

• Like 1

Spotted 30116 Rapunzel's Market Visit at Target today! Grabbed a couple. So happy!

But here's the awesome part: Target's running a deal right now where you can get the 30116 polybag FREE with EACH Disney Princess set purchase. (Meaning, buy 1 DP set, get 1 free 30116 poly; buy 10 DP sets, get 10 free polys.) You can still buy the poly on its own. The DP princess sets unfortunately are not on sale, but I grabbed a bunch of 41050 sets anyway. I forgot to check how much the polys are on their own (They came up as $0 on my receipt). I also forgot to check the end date for this promotion. If anyone has this info, please post. This seems to be an in store promo only. And unadvertised. Weird!

Awesome; I know what I'll be picking up in a couple of days assuming they have the polybag stocked on sale or not.

I just wanted to give a big thank you to wholovesboo for finding the Disney Princess/Rapunzel polybag combo deal at Target. I managed to drive by mine and was thinking about going for the smallest set of Ariel's Treasures to combo with but found Cinderella's Dream Carriage on sale by $5 off so I choose that instead. It was little bit more but all things considered I just saved roughly $9 (before tax) between the discounted set at $24.99 and free polybag retailing for $3.99. Again, thank you so much for the tidbit, wholovesboo. Wholovesboo? Iloveboo! :dance:

....Okay this would be the part where I do the happy dance with song and everything but it really doesn't translate so well over text. :pardon:

• Like 1

Shoot, I forgot to mention that the Rapunzel polybag was not with all the Disney Princess sets at my Target. Instead they were an aisle down (or up?) from them actually. I had to ask an employee if they even had the bagged item in stock and where it was if they did. Never be afraid to ask for help everyone ....especially when it comes to freebies! :biggrin:

Shoot, I forgot to mention that the Rapunzel polybag was not with all the Disney Princess sets at my Target. Instead they were an aisle down (or up?) from them actually. I had to ask an employee if they even had the bagged item in stock and where it was if they did. Never be afraid to ask for help everyone ....especially when it comes to freebies! :biggrin:

Yeah they were on the endcap of the aisle for me.

Also thanks for the shout out! :)

I got a bunch of the Cinderella castle a few weeks ago when Target had them onsale for $50 with cartwheel coupon.  Do you  all think this is a good hold and flip at xmas, or should I just return and buy something else?  I am thinking this could be like the dolphin cruiser from last year and I would just re-invest the profits into exclusives.  

I got a bunch of the Cinderella castle a few weeks ago when Target had them onsale for $50 with cartwheel coupon.  Do you  all think this is a good hold and flip at xmas, or should I just return and buy something else?  I am thinking this could be like the dolphin cruiser from last year and I would just re-invest the profits into exclusives.  

Yes, I have none right now, but I'd like to have 10 to flip at Christmas.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

41055 Castle Still a good target for investment upside? It's not doing too good right now on Ebay. Stock up?

This set is a speculated flip for Christmas, with that being said everyone has their picks for hot items around the holidays. If you like it then load up, if not spend money elsewhere

• 1 month later...

OMG this trailer is amazing!!! Cate (my favorite actress of today) is awesome as a villain. Don't forget Brickpickers, this film featured Cate and Helena....the only female film stars to have two minifigures each in their likeness!!! (Cate Blanchett: Irina Spalko, Galadriel; Helena Bonham Carter: Bellatrix and Redd Harrington)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

looks like Merida's Highland Games has started down the path of EOL-ness now call to check availability.

hopefully the romantic castle can take its cue and get on out of here too so the nightmare can finally start to come to an end.

and queen elsa can bring the attention this theme needs to grow into the moneymaker i hope it to be.

Edited by cladner

I saw the new Ariel's Castle side by side to the Ariel set that is retiring.  I was prepared to write a nice little paragraph or two on why you won't see huge return on the small Ariel set, mostly because the price of the new set will prevent the old set will be a barrier - there will be a time when the old set just won't be worth buying because it will be too close to the cost of the new set.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen.

I didn't realize we were looking at a $13 set vs a $99 set.