Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

5 hours ago, landphieran said:

UPS Guy Comes By : Reiterates about 50 times. "I can't keep taking your shipments. I'm working too late. There is too much stuff. We are too busy" 

Me: "How can I help make your job easier"
UPS : "Well you know I'm going to have to talk to my boss, it's just too much" "18 boxes all 50 lbs and large just ruins the trucks"
Me: "I can pack them smaller if it would make it easier" "Is there a better time to schedule them?"
UPS: "Well thats just not it. I can't be coming by here every week. Especially during December. Its just too much."

Anyone have any advice? I don't want to be the villain causing trouble but I also need to send out my inventory and pickups are a service they offer. Based on the very repetitive conversion he essentially wants me to stop. 

Are you requesting a pickup on your UPS account or is this just the UPS driver dropping off deliveries and not expecting a pickup?  About 50% of the time, I get a driver delivering packages earlier in the day and a different driver comes by for the pickup later.  I seem to get a different driver every day and usually stack them by the front door and don't even go outside to communicate with them when they come.  6 to 12 Uhaul large or extra large boxes every weekday.  I can't imagine having to drop them off myself every day.  I can understand the drivers frustration though since they have no idea how many boxes they are coming for and it is probably hard to plan for space.

1 minute ago, cobrakai said:

Are you requesting a pickup on your UPS account or is this just the UPS driver dropping off deliveries and not expecting a pickup?  About 50% of the time, I get a driver delivering packages earlier in the day and a different driver comes by for the pickup later.  I seem to get a different driver every day and usually stack them by the front door and don't even go outside to communicate with them when they come.  6 to 12 Uhaul large or extra large boxes every weekday.  I can't imagine having to drop them off myself every day.  I can understand the drivers frustration though since they have no idea how many boxes they are coming for and it is probably hard to plan for space.

I schedule the pickups. Pay the 7-10$ fee and regardless of when I schedule it they come after there daily route.

I think he is just angry. The route is out of the way (live on a one way street). Last time the guy had to re-arrange his entire truck for supposedly an hour to get everything loaded. Its a difficult job but I pay them to do it and follow there process. I often schedule pickups days in advance, so there is no excuse for surprise planning.

1 minute ago, justapilgrim said:

So....AMZ just issued a refund for a FBA item ($160 raptor escape) that was not delivered. My account has been adjusted accordingly. What did they adjust? They lost it, doubt it was actually lost. Is AMZ just eating it? Or am I going to have to ask for my own money back?

they will refund you minus administrative fees within 45 days. after 45 days you may open a case if haven't been refunded ( unlikely ) 

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

I schedule the pickups. Pay the 7-10$ fee and regardless of when I schedule it they come after there daily route.

I think he is just angry. The route is out of the way (live on a one way street). Last time the guy had to re-arrange his entire truck for supposedly an hour to get everything loaded. Its a difficult job but I pay them to do it and follow there process. I often schedule pickups days in advance, so there is no excuse for surprise planning.

that's interesting.  when I do the day before, they forget to come by to pickup.   Now, I do same day pickup request and they have been showing up....

some day amazon will be coming by to pick up the boxes.... :) 

37 minutes ago, joch29 said:

that's interesting.  when I do the day before, they forget to come by to pickup.   Now, I do same day pickup request and they have been showing up....

some day amazon will be coming by to pick up the boxes.make me drop off the boxes at some truck at the whole foods or kohls parking lot ;) 

fixed it for you,,,  amazon is already out-sourcing unpaid warehousing to the horde.  why not include a little back-breaking box delivery to the mix?

Edited by cladner

7 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I don’t need refunded. I sold it, money is in my pot they hold ransom for 30-60 days. So I’ll still get paid but they will take some back for administration fees?

Yes . I feel ya, but it is all spelled out in the terms and conditions we signed in order to sell on the platform . 

@landphieran I'd say your UPS driver is just being a crybaby. I've always heard UPS driver is one of the best paying jobs in the world for basically just driving around 90% of your day. Lately he doesn't have time to flirt with that hot receptionist on his route, so he blames you. I wouldn't change a thing. Keep doing what you're doing. If he starts missing pick ups, call and complain. If he whines to you anymore, hand him a job application for Walmart.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

I don’t need refunded. I sold it, money is in my pot they hold ransom for 30-60 days. So I’ll still get paid but they will take some back for administration fees?

yup they take back:

a. $5 or 5% of sale and

b. pick & pack fee

so all in all that's what will be lost.

• Like 1

yup they take back:
a. $5 or 5% of sale and
b. pick & pack fee
so all in all that's what will be lost.

Does that hold for "Warehouse Damaged" unfulfillable inventory too? I got my first item marked as such 2 days ago, not sure what to expect and where to check for my compensation. Will it come through as a normal sale in my orders, do I need to run some sort of a report or take any action? What I've read so far seems to indicate AMZ will automatically compensate me, but not clear on how and how much.

30 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Does that hold for "Warehouse Damaged" unfulfillable inventory too? I got my first item marked as such 2 days ago, not sure what to expect and where to check for my compensation. Will it come through as a normal sale in my orders, do I need to run some sort of a report or take any action? What I've read so far seems to indicate AMZ will automatically compensate me, but not clear on how and how much.

No they will reimburse u within 30 days usually sooner based on your past sellin price and Asin selling price . If too low u can appeal 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I have came to the conclusion that TPlanet is a member here. There is a scary correlation to sets they sell and sets talked up here. Time to start spreading fake news??

LOL.  I assume most of the big players I see on all my listings are at least lurking here.  I've always been curious how comprehensive a list some of the old-timers on here have compiled.

13 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I have came to the conclusion that TPlanet is a member here. There is a scary correlation to sets they sell and sets talked up here. Time to start spreading fake news??

I doubt tplanet belonged here if did then didn't heeded advise and loaded on series 3 mixels :D 

i do know that the other mixel seller split is a member here :)

13 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

LOL.  I assume most of the big players I see on all my listings are at least lurking here.  I've always been curious how comprehensive a list some of the old-timers on here have compiled.

Au revoir my friend ..... Last of the kind :(. I had cherished owning and re-selling this one.

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

I doubt tplanet belonged here if did then didn't heeded advise and loaded on series 3 mixels :D 

i do know that the other mixel seller split is a member here :)

Lol, I think TP is definitely a lurker targeting some more niche sets. Maybe they are just amazing at targeting sets on there own, but based on the volume and picks it tells me they have some similar sources of info.

Dumping 120x 60061 Fire Trucks last year :( -- A hundred more this year? 

2 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

Buyer order dated 9/4

return reason: defective, parts does not snap together or connected

item: GBH 

Question: do I have to accept the return after over 2 months? If I refuse the return, can buyer file A-Z? What would yor do in this situation?

2 months after delivery : u don’t have to accept 

they can still file a claim that u should be able win fairly easily ( Amazon might still fund them from their own pocket ) 

since it is open, I would politely refuse the request and point out  amazon’s return policy . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegoEdison said:

Buyer order dated 9/4

return reason: defective, parts does not snap together or connected

item: GBH 

Question: do I have to accept the return after over 2 months? If I refuse the return, can buyer file A-Z? What would yor do in this situation?

I would decline return and perhaps direct the buyer to contact LEGO directly for replacement parts, which they should get pretty swiftly at no charge. If it's truly defective and not just buyer's remorse, this should satisfy them anyway.

13 minutes ago, zak001 said:

Anyone here have any experience with Payability? Their fee structure (2% of receivables) isn't horrendous, and this time of year having next-day access to Amazon funds would be REALLY nice, but if there's a horror story out there I want to hear it.

I think most people here would tell you that you shouldn't be spending so much money that you require a daily deposit. 

I think you'd be better off taking out a business loan and paying it back sooner then later.

3 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I think most people here would tell you that you shouldn't be spending so much money that you require a daily deposit. 

I think you'd be better off taking out a business loan and paying it back sooner then later.

That advice may be meaningful and helpful! But it wasn't what I asked for. If I had the time to do it the right way when I'm hitting $2k a day in sales, I surely would. I'm asking if anyone has any specific experience, positive or negative, with this particular service provider.

2 hours ago, zak001 said:

That advice may be meaningful and helpful! But it wasn't what I asked for. If I had the time to do it the right way when I'm hitting $2k a day in sales, I surely would. I'm asking if anyone has any specific experience, positive or negative, with this particular service provider.

$2k sales /day even at avg price of $50/item = 40 units. am i the only one that's amazed that every one in this forum seems to be closing in $60k/month except yours truly... 

looks like i am approaching this game in a sucker's way.