Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

8 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

$2k sales /day even at avg price of $50/item = 40 units. am i the only one that's amazed that every one in this forum seems to be closing in $60k/month except yours truly... 

looks like i am approaching this game in a sucker's way.

Patiently awaits for the crushers to post there numbers from today... I'd guess some of them are over 20k.

Being part of the Amazon groups on Facebook gives a good perspective of how big some people are. Additionally, shows raw volume doesn't mean a lot of profit.

31 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Anyone know how to get all my sets into one FBA center? It keeps getting split into different locations.

Settings > Fulfillment By Amazon > Inventory Place Option 

Default is Distributed Inventory Placement. The only other option is Single SKU to one warehouse then you pay per item to have it distributed. It wont be very helpful unless you selling one item in bulk :/

image.png.fff688837d248e613b48faaad128c1d3.png Had to post. Its been hard work. Only up from here.

8 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Settings > Fulfillment By Amazon > Inventory Place Option 

Default is Distributed Inventory Placement. The only other option is Single SKU to one warehouse then you pay per item to have it distributed. It wont be very helpful unless you selling one item in bulk :/

image.png.fff688837d248e613b48faaad128c1d3.png Had to post. Its been hard work. Only up from here.

Ah got'cha, so I have no choice but to ship them all to different locations and pay the shipping costs. 

You sold 10,001 units this year? Or shipped out 10,001 units to FBA this year? Either way, that's an insane amount of items. If I shipped that much units, I'll be scared of the storage fees. 

33 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Ah got'cha, so I have no choice but to ship them all to different locations and pay the shipping costs. 

You sold 10,001 units this year? Or shipped out 10,001 units to FBA this year? Either way, that's an insane amount of items. If I shipped that much units, I'll be scared of the storage fees. 

Was supposed to be a separate post but it got auto merged. Sold 10,000 items!

If you "massage" the shipment you can get it to switch to more favorable location. Adding/removing items, increasing decreasing quantity, trying to create the shipment at different times during the day.  Make sure to always "modify the shipment" before re-trying otherwise Amazon will most always return the previous results. They have a fairly long caching period I'd guess.

$2k sales /day even at avg price of $50/item = 40 units. am i the only one that's amazed that every one in this forum seems to be closing in $60k/month except yours truly... 
looks like i am approaching this game in a sucker's way.

It generally comes to down risk tolerance. If you're willing to take on a greater level of risk and buy inventory on credit, it's not hard to scale your sales up fairly rapidly.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, landphieran said:

Was supposed to be a separate post but it got auto merged. Sold 10,000 items!

If you "massage" the shipment you can get it to switch to more favorable location. Adding/removing items, increasing decreasing quantity, trying to create the shipment at different times during the day.  Make sure to always "modify the shipment" before re-trying otherwise Amazon will most always return the previous results. They have a fairly long caching period I'd guess.

Heard people get their account suspended for trying to trick the system. Is this true? Or only those that shipped thousands of stuff to FBA gets suspended for outplaying the system?

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

So what the fruit is wrong with Toy Planet? I match them on BB price, they go back in and lower their price..... smh ..... why can't we co-exist? It's not that my 4 copies are a real threat to them .....

they have a repricer that works solely/exclusively for them :D

Yeah, I have made a special list for jacknuts like Toy Planet.  When I see them at the lower price, I drive them down to their limit and hold them there until they sell out.  And while we're ranting, I can't get over the number of sellers who just have no idea what they're doing in LEGO.  I've got 10 75094 in the warehouse and will end up selling them in the $120s because the sellers are too stupid to realize this is a $200 set.  The rest of mine ain't going in until the price appreciates substantially.  And that's just one example.  There are numerous sets that would sell significantly higher if the sellers would get out of their own way (75920, *cough*).  And yes, I know everyone has their own reasons for selling, but if you don't understand the economics of a genre, then you shouldn't be selling in the genre.  Losing out on 30-40% profit due to ignorance is not a good reason.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So what the fruit is wrong with Toy Planet? I match them on BB price, they go back in and lower their price..... smh ..... why can't we co-exist? It's not that my 4 copies are a real threat to them .....

Their sales model is kind of insane.. They have insane amounts of capital. Regardless of the item they undercut by 5$ ish from the rest just so they control the bb longer and go through the 400+ of each set they have

9 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Yeah, I have made a special list for jacknuts like Toy Planet.  When I see them at the lower price, I drive them down to their limit and hold them there until they sell out.  And while we're ranting, I can't get over the number of sellers who just have no idea what they're doing in LEGO.  I've got 10 75094 in the warehouse and will end up selling them in the $120s because the sellers are too stupid to realize this is a $200 set.  The rest of mine ain't going in until the price appreciates substantially.  And that's just one example.  There are numerous sets that would sell significantly higher if the sellers would get out of their own way (75920, *cough*).  And yes, I know everyone has their own reasons for selling, but if you don't understand the economics of a genre, then you shouldn't be selling in the genre.  Losing out on 30-40% profit due to ignorance is not a good reason.

finally 10697 crossed $105 :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

It's people trying to flip, due to the hype and everything else. Tyderium hasn't even been retired a full year yet. It hasn't even had time to appreciate. Personally, I am a-ok with people selling theirs now for $125.

It's people trying to flip, due to the hype and everything else. Tyderium hasn't even been retired a full year yet. It hasn't even had time to appreciate. Personally, I am a-ok with people selling theirs now for $125.

Or it’s people that got 100 for $25 on clearance at Wal Mart and are perfectly happy with the current return.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

finally 10697 crossed $105 :)

Exactly my point.  Only took 3 weeks to go up 30%+.  Nothing changed other than the idiots were cleared.  They would've sold just as many just as fast if they knew what they were doing.

Just now, Migration said:

Or it’s people that got 100 for $25 on clearance at Wal Mart.

Um, I'm one of those people.  Does it make earning $175 - fees on a set any more intelligent than making $125 - fees?

Preach

35 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

75920 was selling $175-195 before Christmas and selling @ $160 now ..... up the price people !!!!!