Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

4 minutes ago, redcell said:

I've never sold it before, but don't have any problem listing it without being asked to request approval.  I guess they've re-calibrated their gating.

its been this way for a long time.  it was discussed a year ago when I asked about it.

the fact that you can list proves  you're BTP.

Edited by cladner

10 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I just got auto approved #brag #btp?

uh - from your post history you're VBTP

this is my first year doing fba - in terms of holiday selling season volume, is there going to be a significant drop off coming up or does it just keep blazing until the Fatman in the Red Suit flies across the sky...

Edited by cladner

Just now, cladner said:

uh - from your post history you're BTP

this is my first year doing fba - in terms of holiday selling season volume, is there going to be a significant drop off coming up or does it just keep blazing until the Fatman in the Red Suit flies across the sky...

Volume should stay strong through the week of the 18th.  The drop off should start sometime mid to late that week.  Volume has been a bit steadier this year than last with fewer peaks and valleys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redcell said:

Volume should stay strong through the week of the 18th.  The drop off should start sometime mid to late that week.  Volume has been a bit steadier this year than last with fewer peaks and valleys.

cool - i still got some ground to make up in the play money spousal investing game.

i put my money in lego and hot wheels. 

my wife put her money in bitcoin... and a tesla.

ok - ready for Town Hall to go to $20K now.

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

uh - from your post history you're VBTP

Honestly, I'm still in denial. This year my business grew by an unreasonable amount and don't have the capacity or infrastructure to manage it. Weathering the storm through the holidays. 

If some of the more experienced volume sellers would be willing to give me some advice, please PM me, I am considering going full time and have some questions.

Side note: When do storage fee's hit for November?

• Like 2

Just now, landphieran said:

Honestly, I'm still in denial. This year my business grew by an unreasonable amount and don't have the capacity or infrastructure to manage it. Weathering the storm through the holidays. 

If some of the more experienced volume sellers would be willing to give me some advice, please PM me, I am considering going full time and have some questions.

Side note: When do storage fee's hit for November?

storage fee are on the 7th of each month.. hang tight 

Still getting used to FBA: I had a set marked as unfulfillable (Warehouse Damaged) for the entire month of November. Ran an inventory report yesterday and saw an option for a removal order. Tried running it but got a message saying item could not be removed. Today I suddenly have a +1 on my inventory for this set, and the unfulfillable entry is gone. What happened?

Btw: the inventory report also showed the item was first marked as lost when it arrived at the warehouse, then got the warehouse damaged status the next day....

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Still getting used to FBA: I had a set marked as unfulfillable (Warehouse Damaged) for the entire month of November. Ran an inventory report yesterday and saw an option for a removal order. Tried running it but got a message saying item could not be removed. Today I suddenly have a +1 on my inventory for this set, and the unfulfillable entry is gone. What happened?

Btw: the inventory report also showed the item was first marked as lost when it arrived at the warehouse, then got the warehouse damaged status the next day....

Is it a common set?  they may have pulled from other inventory, rather than reimburse you.  or they could have reviewed it and decided the damage, if there was any, was not significant.

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

You are unable to remove warehouse damaged items as they go to Amazon and not back to you. Then they will either reimburse you through cash or the item. Sounds like you got reimbursed with the item? Check your reimbursement reports and it will tell you if they paid out cash or gave you physical product.

1 minute ago, asharerin said:

You are unable to remove warehouse damaged items as they go to Amazon and not back to you. Then they will either reimburse you through cash or the item. Sounds like you got reimbursed with the item? Check your reimbursement reports and it will tell you if they paid out cash or gave you physical product.

I actually have it in my FBA inventory as a sellable item now, so they gave me physical product. I was sure I couldn't remove, but then they showed me the option to request removal when I went to my reports so I went ahead and tried it out.

11 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

First year doing FBA, do FBA sales generally fall off significantly after Christmas?

10 hours ago, redcell said: