Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

15 hours ago, landphieran said:

Do people implement maximum quantity restrictions on listings?

I recently had a guy place 2 larger orders of the same item then file for refunds of non delivery on both orders. 

I normally let the returns slide but this one will definitely be addressed.

I started doing it as well. On things that COST $200+ or items that are hot (ie: Women of Nasa) or not replaceable (ie: Santa's workshop) to minimize fraud/returns. Also prevents your competitors from buying out your inventory then file a return last day possible just to kick you off the market for 30 days then they take their sweet time sending your stuff back to Amazon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cladner said:

i do.  limit 1 if its over $30.  limit 2 if its under $30.

i don't want to get large  returns or get ripped off. 

i don't really sell anything where a buyer would normally want more than 1 or 2 of the item anyway.

where do I find i this option?

18 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

FWIW : the limit max doesn't prevent a fraudster from exceeding that limit. they can order in multiples of whatever they are allowed to add to their carts. it doesnt work like the limits imposed by amazon on their items. 

when i go to my listing where i have this put on, and i try to add more than 1, it gives me this message:  

image.png.25b258d355d901371f640010cca57afc.png

I guess you could put in multiple repeat orders - I haven't tried that out.

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

when i go to my listing where i have this put on, and i try to add more than 1, it gives me this message:  

image.png.25b258d355d901371f640010cca57afc.png

I guess you could put in multiple repeat orders - I haven't tried that out.

Correct , they did that to me in the summer on item then returned them all , unless they changed it 

• Like 1

another thing: i am sure that you all FBA sellers have noticed/are aware;  if not better go back and look at all the refunds 2 or 3 times. usually it happens few days after refund for return. [ if its the other way then you are getting your $$ back ]

i have noticed that they are giving back not only the refund for the so called return but additional $$ back. make sure to look carefully. 

i am pretty sure these Xtra Refunds don't come back to us.

XTRA_REFUND.png.3baf53bef156001df64c79f6b6fb8463.png

Edited by newbie77

11 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

another thing: i am sure that you all FBA sellers have noticed/are aware;  if not better go back and look at all the refunds 2 or 3 times. usually it happens few days after refund for return. [ if its the other way then you are getting your $$ back ]

i have noticed that they are giving back not only the refund for the so called return but additional $$ back. make sure to look carefully. 

i am pretty sure these Xtra Refunds don't come back to us.

XTRA_REFUND.png.3baf53bef156001df64c79f6b6fb8463.png

open a case and they will refund you 

13 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

open a case and they will refund you 

yeah :) you  have to wait 45 days. because return for refunds are handled automatically and if it still doesn't show up after 45 days then open a case. its what CS will tell you :P

Edited by newbie77

I noticed several of my current minifigure FBA listings are not found on AMZ website as of the past few days. These are listings I've been selling through over the past few months. Some really basic items, like Catwoman, brick separator 2-pack, etc. When I search for them on AMZ, they aren't coming up. I'm still showing I have inventory available to sell, any ideas what happened to the listings? Is AMZ moving or cleaning up listings?  Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Trying to ship stuff in to FBA. 2 shipments. First shipment 21lbs, 18x26x18 box. All works well. Second box, 29lbs, same size box. I get to the "Calculate" button but it pretends to calculate and then flips back to "Calculate" with no cost provided. Tried logging out then back in, and tried different browser. No dice. Anyone seen this before and know why I'm having this issue (and more importantly, how to fix it?)?

No, figured it out:

Box dimensions

• Boxes containing multiple standard-size units must not exceed 25" on any side. A box may exceed the 25" limit if it contains oversize units that measure longer than 25". Boxes that are excessively large relative to the oversize units may be subject to restriction of inbounding privileges, additional fees, or refusal at a fulfillment center.

I'll trim the box down a tiny bit - actual size is 25 1/4" but I know UPS can exaggerate sometimes in their measurements, so rather safe than sorry.

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

No, figured it out:

Box dimensions

• Boxes containing multiple standard-size units must not exceed 25" on any side. A box may exceed the 25" limit if it contains oversize units that measure longer than 25". Boxes that are excessively large relative to the oversize units may be subject to restriction of inbounding privileges, additional fees, or refusal at a fulfillment center.

I'll trim the box down a tiny bit - actual size is 25 1/4" but I know UPS can exaggerate sometimes in their measurements, so rather safe than sorry.

Make sure it is less than 25 or u will get a policy warning from Amazon . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, landphieran said:

PSA: Amazon has changed there inbound web form requirements. I may be a bleb for using it in the first place but this was a bit annoying preparing products over the weekend.

image.png.6dfbcc1dc1048295a0d14d7126abcac3.png

I just completed a "More than one SKU per box" shipment consisting of 33 MSKUs through sellercentral.amazon.com. No issue. When is the above going to become effective, or is this a different "webform" you mention ... ?

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Trying to ship stuff in to FBA. 2 shipments. First shipment 21lbs, 18x26x18 box. All works well. Second box, 29lbs, same size box. I get to the "Calculate" button but it pretends to calculate and then flips back to "Calculate" with no cost provided. Tried logging out then back in, and tried different browser. No dice. Anyone seen this before and know why I'm having this issue (and more importantly, how to fix it?)?

Are you filling web form for the sku and quantity?

if so it could be that quantity entered is not within the range allowed or not the same as it was suppose to be.

fix is to make sure the quantity are check!

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I just completed a "More than one SKU per box" shipment consisting of 33 MSKUs through sellercentral.amazon.com. No issue. When is the above going to become effective, or is this a different "webform" you mention ... ?

This is already in affect. Not sure why it applied to my shipment, maybe account specific? I have submitted MANY shipments with 50+ skus.

5 minutes ago, landphieran said:

This is already in affect. Not sure why it applied to my shipment, maybe account specific? I have submitted MANY shipments with 50+ skus.

Wow you send more that 50 SKU/box or shipment :) man that must be pretty big box :) and how you keep track of?

Edited by newbie77

Never mind, I think I was too tired when I wrote the above. My shipment had 33 items, but only 18 MSKUs, so within the limits you posted earlier.