Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

24 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Buy some Amazon stock so you get a piece of those fees (and some nice capital gains). I found it is not worth the time to even think twice about how Amazon conducts its business. Just look at those profits and capital gains at the end of the year and smile ear to ear. Yes they have fees for everything, but access to their Prime customers is worth alot more than we pay IMO.

One of us! One of us! gooble-gobble gooble-gobble

To elaborate - I agree with @asharerin. I think most experienced FBA sellers will tell you "forget about it and move on". In an ideal world Amazon has no transactional mistakes and the only way to ever achieve this nearly impossible feat, is by reporting the issues and helping fix there processes. What we don't want is a selling platform were dependent on, which is also stealing our money. At this point the dolla to loss ratio is quite small so its in your fiscal best interest to move on and assume they are correct.

Edited by landphieran
  • Like 1

anyone knows how this works ? why is amazon offering the discount and not the 3P seller ?

59f3c0e9a1543_ScreenShot2017-10-27at7_26_05PM.thumb.png.2317c43e9525e15afac98e86a5957cb0.png

I've seen the same pop up on certain listing over the last few weeks. There is an Amazon coupons page but it is impossible to navigate (apart from scrolling through the seemingly neverending autorefreshing list). I was getting a (small) discount on a LEGO listing FWIW ....
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

anyone knows how this works ? why is amazon offering the discount and not the 3P seller ?

I have had this happen to one of my listings.  The sequence was: price Escape from Mirkwood Spiders at $55 ($5 above the "buy it now") while it transit, and then it becomes available and in the buy it box with a $2.66 Amazon discount.  No idea why, but it sold and the $55 price was used to calculate fees and payment.  I only sent in 1, and it is the only listing it happened to.

23 hours ago, newbie77 said:

literally hate these penny under cutters who keep bringing prices down....why can't they just match the price and leave... stupid idiots ...

I agree.  But I guess some people think they gotta do what they gotta do.  I can kind of understand it on slower selling items... they wanna move inventory and not pay storage fees, so they want to maximize their chances of having the buy box when that one buyer is ready to buy.

But idiots undercutting on something like the XXL Box 10697... that thing sells like hot cakes... I send in 4 at a time.  When they're registered at Amazon as "received", I match the buy box price, and all four are sold within a couple hours.  Sold my last ones via FBA a few days ago at $91. I saw some idiot sell ten of them this morning at, I think, $79?  Undercut the next seller by $3 or so. Now they're at FBA $86...  This thing could be selling out at $100 if sellers weren't so desperate to sell in minutes instead of hours. 

• Like 1

Exactly my point. Since some idiot moved it down to $79 few others moved with it manually or automatic pricing. This causes that downward spiral which takes time to recover. And you are correct it would be easily around or over 100 if literally those people were not undercutting..

• Like 1

After receiving my "all cleared to sell this holiday season" email several weeks ago, today I receive another email saying I am currently NOT qualified. Looked at all my seller performance metrics and I am 0% on all, so perfect health (FBM and FBA). Have done close to 100 sales this last 2 months, so that's not an issue either. 

Where do I go to get more info on this? Why did they send it to me after first clearing me, and not having any returns or claims against me since?

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

After receiving my "all cleared to sell this holiday season" email several weeks ago, today I receive another email saying I am currently NOT qualified. Looked at all my seller performance metrics and I am 0% on all, so perfect health (FBM and FBA). Have done close to 100 sales this last 2 months, so that's not an issue either. 

Where do I go to get more info on this? Why did they send it to me after first clearing me, and not having any returns or claims against me since?

I think it is a glitch , I got the same notice as well . 

• Like 1

Amazon did confirm that this is a glitch...this notice was sent out to everyone by mistake. The Amazon forums are blowing up! They are supposed to send out an apology email shortly. I know I hit the panic button hard this morning!! But then checked my metrics again, and everything is perfect. Nothing like a little high anxiety first thing in the morning!!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Amazon did confirm that this is a glitch...this notice was sent out to everyone by mistake. The Amazon forums are blowing up! They are supposed to send out an apology email shortly. I know I hit the panic button hard this morning!! But then checked my metrics again, and everything is perfect. Nothing like a little high anxiety first thing in the morning!!

This is why this is a hard platform to commit to, for me at least.  We're always one glitch or automated process away from being shutdown.  Not much recourse or assistance from their seller support either.  It definitely adds some anxiety when you have your inventory sitting out there and it could all of a sudden become inactive.

• Like 3

Same here.  I was scrambling to figure out what I could sell today to try and get in under the wire.  Then I checked my metrics and noticed everything seemed fine to qualify.  I also have had 34 FBM orders since 9/1 so I know it's not that.  Glad to hear confirmation that it's a glitch.  

i-feel-a-great-distrubance-in-the-force-

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 3

Dear Seller, 

We apologize for sending an email that incorrectly stated you are ineligible to sell in the Toys & Games store during the holiday season. We are sorry for this mistake. 

To clarify, your seller account currently meets the following Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games store: 

- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 19 of the current year and need not be specific to Toys & Games store.

- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders between September 1 and October 31 of the current year and the orders need not be specific to Toys & Games store.

- Your short term order defect rate must be no greater than 1% as of November 1 of the current year. 

- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75% between October 1 and October 31 of the current year. 

- Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4% between October 1 and October 31 of the current year. 

To remain eligible to sell in the Toys & Games store during this holiday season, please continue to meet our Holiday Selling Guidelines. You can review your order history and performance metrics at:  https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsellercentral.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fseller-rating%2Fpages%2Fperformance-summary.html%2F&data=02%7C01%7Crjl79%40hotmail.com%7Cbd5ed1a2632b425fc3cd08d52085fede%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636450682225361924&sdata=T5jN8%2Bkzjq1IrmoxyyDqUqWwS0GitzCCWfGOqaEFF8U%3D&reserved=0   

Thank you for selling on Amazon. 

Regards, 
Amazon Services

• Like 1

5 hours ago, odysea11 said:

I got this e-mail this morning and it legitimately ruined the first few hours of my day. I thought I was ok but I did have to cancel an order on 09/30 and I thought they were counting that against me for some reason even though they should not have. I was very relieved to get the correction e-mail. I hate selling on Amazon but it's where we make the most money so we have to live with it. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 2:11 PM, newbie77 said:

literally hate these penny under cutters who keep bringing prices down.

why can't they just match the price and leave... stupid idiots don't realize that once they bring price down its going to take a long time to recover and in some cases it will never... 

I actually enjoy finding an auto-repricer.  I've walked down one guy from $54 to $48.47 today.  Noticed it's set to be .02 less than the lowest Prime price.  Once he sells out, I'll bump mine back to $54.  I've never had a problem with price recovery.   I figure when they get burned enough using one, they'll disable it.  What's really funny is he's charging less than the "Collectible - Like New" price.  Love doing that to people who set those things up.  

Edited by Loghamel