Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

9 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

Yes purchased through Amazon. I read the selling guidelines page and it said I am still responsible if I did not purchase signature confirmation, as they don't cover postal errors or theft.

If the buyer open an az and select not received as the reason then u should be covered . If they select other reason you need to ready for an argument , but the new policy says u are not responsible as long as you have purchased shipping from Amazon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

If the buyer open an az and select not received as the reason then u should be covered . If they select other reason you need to ready for an argument , but the new policy says u are not responsible as long as you have purchased shipping from Amazon 

concur on @Bold-Arrow. customer or the person filing A-Z has to choose "Item Not Received" as the reason. if they don't then its the whole nightmare as regular A-Z .

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

I have been selling 30-50 items a day since the beginning of the year (so yes about 300 units a week). This is my first year targeting non lego items. Its been a lot of work to say the least.

Working a career and the Amazon volume is a bit much. I know my margins are suffering as I tend to take loses to preserve time. I'm really looking forward to the holidays to "reset and reflect".

It will give me time to go through all the asinine refund reasons Amazon is using and presumably not making me whole for. "General Error" "Missed Fulfillment Promise" "General Adjustment" -- I'm coming for you.

yeah .. those three categories :) never had any automatic reimbursement coming as claimed by "CS" within 45 days. one need to open cases for each one :( or max 5 in a ticket :(

11 hours ago, asharerin said:

That is a non-issue until they overturn the federal law. This congress isn't passing anything anytime soon. That is why the states are instead going after all of the 3p sellers registered in their states going back 5 years. 

https://blog.taxjar.com/massachusetts-court-order-amazon-provide-fba-seller-info/

https://www.avalara.com/blog/2017/10/03/massachusetts-wants-amazon-identify-marketplace-sellers/

actually the way i read it the point seems to be to get all fba sellers that have items in a ma fba warehouse to charge sales tax to ma residents

it seems to  state that the point is to get non ma residents with inventory in a ma warehouse to pay sales tax.

Edited by river41

https://blog.taxjar.com/massachusetts-court-order-amazon-provide-fba-seller-info/
https://www.avalara.com/blog/2017/10/03/massachusetts-wants-amazon-identify-marketplace-sellers/
actually the way i read it the point seems to be to get all fba sellers that have items in a ma fba warehouse to charge sales tax to ma residents
it seems to  state that the point is to get non ma residents with inventory in a ma warehouse to pay sales tax.

That is the fight that the states are having at this point. They contend that transient storage in an Amazon fulfillment center creates a sufficient jurisdictional nexus for the state to tax the sales made by that seller within that state. It would be a major pain if that position were to be upheld.

8 hours ago, redcell said:

That is the fight that the states are having at this point. They contend that transient storage in an Amazon fulfillment center creates a sufficient jurisdictional nexus for the state to tax the sales made by that seller within that state. It would be a major pain if that position were to be upheld.

Seems pretty absurd, though. Let's ignore the difficulty for sellers to track the actual location of all inventory at all times (which is rather opaque on Amazon and in constant flux).

If I sell something on eBay and ship it out with any carrier, it transits through multiple warehouses and facilities along the way to the buyer.

I don't think it's unreasonable to argue it's quite similar: an FBA seller is eventually selling inventory to a customer in a particular state. The inventory may transit various states during that fulfillment process.

Inventory shipped to an MA warehouse by an FBA seller may move from that MA warehouse to an entirely different state before it's actually sold as Amazon constantly moves inventory around to make sure it's closest to where it expects the final buyer to be.

Seems like the collection burden would be way too high, obstructing commerce, in order for MA to win that fight.

Edited by chrisynd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

i have a item show " Inactive (Out of Stock)" but it also showing 1 available. 

I am sure i still have 1 available couple days ago and did not sell any of that item since. any though?

Assuming it is fba , it is probably under stranded inventory and most likely because a schmuck changed something on the listing and kicked some sellers out . If you have a relist option try that open a case . Usually SS ends up fixing it . 

Edit : Phil B makes a valid point as well 

1 minute ago, labfreak7 said:

So they awarded the buyer a refund, but let me keep the money from the sale too, so I guess Amazon is footing the bill. What's to stop people from making fraudulent claims of " not received"?

Nothing , welcome to Amazon . Your metrics are about to get a hit too .

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Likely an FC transfer, check your FBA inventory status

available column show 1, reserved column show 0 ....... i don't think it is FC transfer

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Assuming it is fba , it is probably under stranded inventory and most likely because a schmuck changed something on the listing and kicked some sellers out . If you have a relist option try that open a case . Usually SS ends up fixing it . 

yes, it is FBA item. sent in a month ago. sold 5 of those and 1 left. 

where can i see the relist option? 

24 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

available column show 1, reserved column show 0 ....... i don't think it is FC transfer

yes, it is FBA item. sent in a month ago. sold 5 of those and 1 left. 

where can i see the relist option? 

if it is under stranded it should have a realist option to the far right .  otherwise just go to inventory management and hit edit and then save 

Anything I can do about this "missing" inventory? AMZ has me shipping almost everything to MDW2, and it looks like they have a serious receiving issue. What happens to the inventory I sent that they show as not received? Does it just go in with the other items (I'm sending multiples of each SKU, think 5s or 10s).?

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 2.09.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 2.09.44 PM.png

36 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

yes, in $$$ .. 

Interesting, i wonder how this works out... 

1. Fictitious inventory received.

2. Real Storage Fee's being applied.

3. At some point they realize the inventory doesn't exist and take back any sales? / Adjust the quantity to real levels?

4. You are now out storage fees? 

8 minutes ago, 4cs said:

Anything I can do about this "missing" inventory? AMZ has me shipping almost everything to MDW2, and it looks like they have a serious receiving issue. What happens to the inventory I sent that they show as not received? Does it just go in with the other items (I'm sending multiples of each SKU, think 5s or 10s).?

In a couple weeks go through the reconciliation process.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Interesting, i wonder how this works out... 

1. Fictitious inventory received.

2. Real Storage Fee's being applied.

3. At some point they realize the inventory doesn't exist and take back any sales? / Adjust the quantity to real levels?

4. You are now out storage fees? 

Basically spot on ... and it doesn’t matter that they messed up and u can reference that by case number . that’s my experience any ways . 

32 minutes ago, Achilles said:

In a couple weeks go through the reconciliation process.

MDW2 lost 8 of my items and reconciliation isn't possible because they mark it as already verified, which means you don't even get the reconcile "button." I called and they say it was already double checked so you can't have it researched/reconciled. 

I'm on day 9 of my current issue.  Sent in a bit more than 200 items to 4 FCs.  All inventory received and reconciled.  All items Active.  All items Stranded.  What's even more awesome, it occurs when I try to create a new listing and select FBM.  Straight to Stranded.  I told them that I upgraded to a Professional account, but was told that should make no difference.  All CS people have been baffled as it all looks perfectly fine and Active, but is Stranded.  I did a search on the seller forums and found multiple issues with entire inventory going Stranded after they upgraded to professional account.  To top it off, a large portion of the shipments were Halloween and hunting season items.  So during the peak time for these seasonal items, my inventory is 100% stranded.  Gooooood times!

3 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I'm on day 9 of my current issue.  Sent in a bit more than 200 items to 4 FCs.  All inventory received and reconciled.  All items Active.  All items Stranded.  What's even more awesome, it occurs when I try to create a new listing and select FBM.  Straight to Stranded.  I told them that I upgraded to a Professional account, but was told that should make no difference.  All CS people have been baffled as it all looks perfectly fine and Active, but is Stranded.  I did a search on the seller forums and found multiple issues with entire inventory going Stranded after they upgraded to professional account.  To top it off, a large portion of the shipments were Halloween and hunting season items.  So during the peak time for these seasonal items, my inventory is 100% stranded.  Gooooood times!

in my experience stranded inventory usually occurs because of various ASIN merge [ of the same item] and your item was not the target ASIN rather in the duplicate ASIN.

only way to fix this is for SS to remap it and usually case solves it. if it doesn't call them up and say that you need your listing mapped to the new ASIN. give them old ASIN under which your item was listed its available from your FBA inventory tab for the item. 

they should be able to fix that. and it becomes available within 24 hours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

in my experience stranded inventory usually occurs because of various ASIN merge [ of the same item] and your item was not the target ASIN rather in the duplicate ASIN.

only way to fix this is for SS to remap it and usually case solves it. if it doesn't call them up and say that you need your listing mapped to the new ASIN. give them old ASIN under which your item was listed its available from your FBA inventory tab for the item. 

they should be able to fix that. and it becomes available within 24 hours.

200+ items, roughly 30 ASINs