Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

3 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

Following the advice I've gotten here, I keep deleting my old FBA listings if I no longer sell that item. After I sell the last one, I usually delete the listing within a few days.  So now, I was just notified one of these items was refunded.  As always, there's no other explanation... no reason why... no indication if the item was returned... if it is resellable... etc.  Do I need to "relist the item" again?  What if it is returned, and is resellable?  If I have no active listing, I'll never see it?  How will I know?

Relist but make sure you use the exact same sku so it will map your returned item to the ASIN and it will go live again. Make take a few hours to update  but that should take care of the issue.

16 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Once an item is no longer available from retailers, does it automatically ungate? How does all that work? I've seen gating for things that are not available (Not LEGO) - So therefore providing invoices and such is impossible. Any way around this?

The brands do not ungate automatically even if the item is discontinued. You need either Amazon to ungate the entire brand (not going to happen as the trend is further gatings not less) or you need to find a current item the brand is selling and get a wholesale account with the brand or one of their distributors. Amazon will accept those wholesale invoices and ungate you in the brand if you have good metrics. Another option would be to partner up with someone who is ungated in that brand.

Edited by asharerin

26 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I haven't read it, but why do people suggest that? I've never deleted any of my listings. I like to follow up and compare prices and aging and such like that.

Varies from IP infringement , to not authorized to sell , to issues with listing . All would get u a policy warning if the IP owner complains to Amazon . 

Following the advice I've gotten here, I keep deleting my old FBA listings if I no longer sell that item. After I sell the last one, I usually delete the listing within a few days.  So now, I was just notified one of these items was refunded.  As always, there's no other explanation... no reason why... no indication if the item was returned... if it is resellable... etc.  Do I need to "relist the item" again?  What if it is returned, and is resellable?  If I have no active listing, I'll never see it?  How will I know?

Like Achilles, I only remove my listings well after I sell my last one. Probably 6 months to a year after. I like to watch trends too.

56 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Relist but make sure you use the exact same sku so it will map your returned item to the ASIN and it will go live again. Make take a few hours to update  but that should take care of the issue.

The brands do not ungate automatically even if the item is discontinued. You need either Amazon to ungate the entire brand (not going to happen as the trend is further gatings not less) or you need to find a current item the brand is selling and get a wholesale account with the brand or one of their distributors. Amazon will accept those wholesale invoices and ungate you in the brand if you have good metrics. Another option would be to partner up with someone who is ungated in that brand.

I get instant auto approval on pretty much any brand with very few exceptions.  Some exceptions are Meccano and Melissa and Doug.  If I go to my "selling applications" page and click any of the old ungating requests that I never finished, they all auto approve also once I click "go to application."

8 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I get instant auto approval on pretty much any brand with very few exceptions.  Some exceptions are Meccano and Melissa and Doug.  If I go to my "selling applications" page and click any of the old ungating requests that I never finished, they all auto approve also once I click "go to application."

Thank you for this. I got through on some of the brands i used to be blocked on. 

Fba holiday dates

Stay in stock during the holiday selling season by making sure your shipments arrive at Amazon well in advance of key shopping dates. Inventory should arrive at our fulfillment centers by the dates listed below to ensure your products are available for customers during this peak season.

• Inventory for Black Friday and Cyber Monday should arrive at Amazon fulfillment centers by November 7, 2017.
  • Inventory for Christmas shopping should arrive at Amazon fulfillment centers by December 1, 2017.
  • Inventory for 2018 should be sent to Amazon fulfillment centers
    no earlier than December 17, 2017Until then, please only ship items to Amazon that will sell in 2017.
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, cobrakai said:

where is the selling applications page?

On 8/28/2017 at 3:23 PM, zskid00 said:

Is anyone else experiencing listing merging or removal?  I always try to add my FBA inventory to the main listing for sets, but have had a couple disappear just in the last week.  This is becoming a real pain since I will have to recall the inventory, relabel it, then reship it.  Are competitors doing this to sabotage other sellers or is Amazon the culprit?  I can't understand why they would kill the main listing.

I noticed the main listings for Orthanc and Battle at the Black Gate will not appear via search, even if I search by ASIN. I contacted Seller Support about Black Gate, and the rep said he would contact the catalog team and request that the main listing be merged with the other listing. So who knows how long that might take.

FLORIDA shutdown which means we are going to have some stranded inventory if you have your inventory located there.

========= Below Message =====

Please be informed that “the units of this ASIN are stored in "***" warehouse which is located in "Florida". This warehouse is currently not operational due to "Hurricane Irma". Our business team has made this decision considering the safety of our employees working at that warehouse and also shipping the products to buyers would be difficult.

FLORIDA shutdown which means we are going to have some stranded inventory if you have your inventory located there.

========= Below Message =====
Please be informed that “the units of this ASIN are stored in "***" warehouse which is located in "Florida". This warehouse is currently not operational due to "Hurricane Irma". Our business team has made this decision considering the safety of our employees working at that warehouse and also shipping the products to buyers would be difficult.

And there I was wondering why my listings went to Out of Stock even though there was still volume on hand. Weird that this happened to Commingled stock as well though. Guessing this will last a week or so?

• 2 weeks later...

Brace yourselves , storage fees are coming : 

Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,

On October 1, 2017, monthly inventory storage fees will increase from $0.64 per cubic foot to $2.35 per cubic foot for standard-size items and from $0.43 per cubic foot to $1.15 per cubic foot for oversize items for October, November, and December. For a limited time, however, you can remove inventory for free to avoid these previously announced fees.

Starting today, September 19, 2017, FBA is waiving new removal-order fees for inventory that's currently in U.S. fulfillment centers. Act quickly before normal removal fees apply again.

To start, go to Manage Excess Inventory (Pro sellers) or FBA Inventory Age(Individual sellers) in Seller Central (sign-in required). Then choose Create removal order from the menu next to any FBA item in your inventory.

The new Inventory Performance Index (IPI) can help you identify which ASINs to remove. The IPI will show your excess inventory and the estimated costs of holding this inventory.  

If you remove inventory free of charge under this promotion, you will not be able to send in more units of these ASINs until your inventory levels fall below our projection of your sales for the next two months or until January 1, 2018This sales projection is based on your average sales from the past 90 days.  

Note that removals during peak and promotional periods could take longer to process than the standard 10 to 14 days. Learn more about free removals (sign-in required).

The duration of the promotion is limited and may be discontinued at any time. Act now to take advantage.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.

Sincerely,

The Fulfillment by Amazon team

• Like 1

And a question from me too: I reached 25 sales in september this week so I should be qualified to sell over the holidays. However, the day after I reached 25 sales, I got an update email stating I hadn't qualified yet, and the performance report they linked to showed very little info. Does it take a while before my status will get recognized, and how can I make sure it is all okay? Is there a status indicator report somewhere?

you need to wait for this email :D

Dear Seller,

We are writing to let you know that your seller account currently meets the following Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games store this holiday season:

- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 19 of the current year and need not be specific to Toys & Games store.

- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders between September 1 and October 31 of the current year and the orders need not be specific to Toys & Games store.

- Your short term order defect rate must be no greater than 1% as of November 1 of the current year.

- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75% between October 1 and October 31 of the current year.

- Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4% between October 1 and October 31 of the current year.

To remain eligible to sell in the Toys & Games store during this holiday season, please continue to meet our Holiday Selling Guidelines. You can review your order history and performance metrics at:  https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/seller-rating/pages/performance-summary.html/

Thank you for selling on Amazon.

Regards,
Amazon Services

Did anyone else get this a few minutes ago, or am I being singled out here? :)

"In order for your products to be placed in our fulfillment centers more accurately and to be ready for sale quicker, starting on October 2, 2017, you will be required to provide the weight of a product in the manufacturer’s original packaging."...