Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

13 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Pick me 

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

What is the best way to deal with extortion. A buyer claimed they can purchase the item else where for cheaper (weird) and are going leave negative feedback if they don't receive a partial refund. They stated this verbatim in a message to me.

Ideally I'd stop the negative review upfront and have the buyer blocked, but I assume Amazon will just tell me to create a case once the buyer leaves negative feedback. Based on all of the open cases I have at the moment I'd prefer to not have to wait for these to slowly get resolved.

Refer them to Amazon CS . If Amazon issue partial refund ( most likely ) , they will reimburse the difference within 45 days . If he leaves negative feedback on price that's a guaranteed removal . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, asharerin said:

Tough one. Personally I would give the refund, take the tax deduction, and move on without wasting anymore time on it. Sucks but fraud/shakedowns are part of selling online.

If you want to take a stand then others can chime in I am sure. If you have a number of open cases way the pros and cons of taking a stand.

I second this.  With Amazon, it's a cost of doing business.  Suck it up and move on.

11 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Refer them to Amazon CS . If Amazon issue partial refund ( most likely ) , they will reimburse the difference within 45 days . If he leaves negative feedback on price that's a guaranteed removal . 

I just had a buyer leave negative feedback about price: "Price was too high for this item". This was an FBA order.

When I try to get Amazon seller support to remove this feedback, should I select "Other" or "Product feedback: The entire feedback is a product review" or something else?

3 hours ago, Jackson said:

I just had a buyer leave negative feedback about price: "Price was too high for this item". This was an FBA order.

When I try to get Amazon seller support to remove this feedback, should I select "Other" or "Product feedback: The entire feedback is a product review" or something else?

I'd go with product review 

• Thanks 1

I received a return/refund notice for an FBA set a couple weeks ago.  I went to track the status and reason for the refund and the buyer indicated that the set was missing pieces.  Probably a fraudulent return since this inventory was sourced online and was definitely factory sealed when I sent it to Amazon, but I digress.  Despite this Amazon already received the set back from the buyer and marked it as sellable.  It was resold and shipped before I could do anything about it.  What are the chances the first buyer left the set sealed?  My fear is that they took what they wanted and resealed the set so well that Amazon couldn't tell when they got the return back in their warehouse.  I would hate to get dinged for another return since I would have expected Amazon to mark this as unfulfillable due to the return reason provided by the first buyer.

1 minute ago, zskid00 said:

I received a return/refund notice for an FBA set a couple weeks ago.  I went to track the status and reason for the refund and the buyer indicated that the set was missing pieces.  Probably a fraudulent return since this inventory was sourced online and was definitely factory sealed when I sent it to Amazon, but I digress.  Despite this Amazon already received the set back from the buyer and marked it as sellable.  It was resold and shipped before I could do anything about it.  What are the chances the first buyer left the set sealed?  My fear is that they took what they wanted and resealed the set so well that Amazon couldn't tell when they got the return back in their warehouse.  I would hate to get dinged for another return since I would have expected Amazon to mark this as unfulfillable due to the return reason provided by the first buyer.

It can go both ways , I've had similar returns in the past . Only thing to do right now is to wait and see what happens. 

I had someone buy a red 5 and return for similar reason and even left a negative feedback . after the unit was returned it was resold and that was that never heard from the second buyer .

Tip : if that was  your only unit , u can always raise the price in anticipation of the return  and that way you can prevent that from happening and recall the item before being resold . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

It can go both ways , I've had similar returns in the past . Only thing to do right now is to wait and see what happens. 

I had someone buy a red 5 and return for similar reason and even left a negative feedback . after the unit was returned it was resold and that was that never heard from the second buyer .

Tip : if that was  your only unit , u can always raise the price in anticipation of the return  and that way you can prevent that from happening and recall the item before being resold . 

I even had a lower valued set not get received, but they placed a +1 count on one of my more expensive sets I sent in.  They then closed the shipment.  I sold and shipped all of that item, one was returned, added back to my inventory as sellable, and then resold.  Haven't heard a peep since.

I'm at the point where I don't contact them unless it's 100% necessary.

2 hours ago, Pebble&Park said:

What's the best route to go for getting Amazon to fix a gating issue (a lego item with a baby topicals gate)? Should I propose to fix a listing?

lol - i complained about this one a couple of weeks ago as well.  speed champions porsche spyder primary listing? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4cs said:

Can anyone recommend a good primer on selling FBA? It might be buried in this thread, but I'm also curious of any outside resources for learning the basics. Thanks!

Very good youtube channel just scroll thru and find the FBA material:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelJosephPierce

Start with selling books and make all your mistakes (and their will be plenty) with them. You will only learn the advanced material thru experience.

8 hours ago, cladner said:

can anyone recommend a upc code seller where the codes purchased actually work on amazon?   i need a code for a bundle and the one i purchased from snapupc.com is a fail.

PM me and I will tell you how to get your already purchased UPC code to work.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 4cs said:

For those of you selling minifigures on FBA, how are you packaging them? I'm weighing the options of small bubble mailers vs. clamshells vs. ???

What have you found that works or doesn't work?

Thanks!

I sticker them as is and throw them in the shipping box . Never had an issue after selling hundreds of them , though some here have reported some decrepencies when FBA receives the shipment .

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I sticker them as is and throw them in the shipping box . Never had an issue after selling hundreds of them , though some here have reported some decrepencies when FBA receives the shipment .

never thought B/A was selling mini figures ;)