Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Meanwhile sellers continue to suffer so that a stupid shmuck can get free return shipping , item was a close to mint as possible with two layers of bubblewrap : 

Greetings from Fulfillment by Amazon,

We have received feedback indicating that units of ASIN B0050R0YB8 may be inconsistent with the description on the product’s detail page. During the review we realized that there are no units at the Fulfillment Center for this ASIN to review, however, in order to provide the best buying experience to Amazon customers, we request you to kindly check your inventory for this ASIN before creating any inbound shipments.

We received the following customer feedback regarding your listing:

Customer Comments|item advertised as new. Significant shelf wear and creases.    

Please verify that all future shipments have this issue corrected; failure to do so will cause errors, poor customer experience, and delays in receiving your products.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Meanwhile sellers continue to suffer so that a stupid shmuck can get free return shipping , item was a close to mint as possible with two layers of bubblewrap : 

Greetings from Fulfillment by Amazon,

We have received feedback indicating that units of ASIN B0050R0YB8 may be inconsistent with the description on the product’s detail page. During the review we realized that there are no units at the Fulfillment Center for this ASIN to review, however, in order to provide the best buying experience to Amazon customers, we request you to kindly check your inventory for this ASIN before creating any inbound shipments.

We received the following customer feedback regarding your listing:

Customer Comments|item advertised as new. Significant shelf wear and creases.    

Please verify that all future shipments have this issue corrected; failure to do so will cause errors, poor customer experience, and delays in receiving your products.

I had the same thing happen, item was returned and then added  back to inventory, go figure.  It resold, no complaints.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been moving more product FBA.  Including maybe 10 or 15 big exclusives FBA within the past 6 weeks or so.  But I've just got my second "return for refund" out of that group.  No details more than that at this point. Don't know the reason for return.  Both items were returned almost immediately after they were delivered. Neither product has been received back at Amazon yet.  Shipping damage? Just seems like a high percentage (2 out of 10 or 15). Maybe I'm just unlucky. I'm nervous about the old "scammer-swaps-garbage-for-genuine-product-and-claims-seller-fraud" trick. Is this how it starts?  Or would I have gotten an Amazon request for my wholesaler invoices already?

2 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

I've been moving more product FBA.  Including maybe 10 or 15 big exclusives FBA within the past 6 weeks or so.  But I've just got my second "return for refund" out of that group.  No details more than that at this point. Don't know the reason for return.  Both items were returned almost immediately after they were delivered. Neither product has been received back at Amazon yet.  Shipping damage? Just seems like a high percentage (2 out of 10 or 15). Maybe I'm just unlucky. I'm nervous about the old "scammer-swaps-garbage-for-genuine-product-and-claims-seller-fraud" trick. Is this how it starts?  Or would I have gotten an Amazon request for my wholesaler invoices already?

I received a partially built Benny's Spaceship back last week.  I have it set aside to start building to see what's there, or not.

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I recalled my at-at since it was marked as defective , this is what I received :

That's so messed up.  I'm sure they have to make this right?

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Over the last 10 days my returns among other things :

3 x AT-AT ( one was returned as balls )

1 x ISD

1 x Republic Gunship 

Easy money

do we have a what do you think you sold thread ? 

Did any of those get added back to inventory?

Sorry to hear that B-A.  This scamming is really getting out of hand.  I sold some ISD's recently but so far no returns.  I did get a Batcave 6860 returned from a Republic Gunship FBA order in December.  Amazon credited me for that one fortunately.

• Like 2

I recently sent in a 75059 Sandcrawler for FBA.  I was gated from the primary listing, but secondary was OK, so thought I would give it a shot (ASIN B00JZMYOOC).  Listing was fine for a week or so, then became "stranded inventory".  I tried to "unstrand" it, but get the error message: " Merchant SKU already exists for another product    This error condition cannot be corrected from here. This item must be removed." 

Ah well... with Amazon acting like an insane girlfriend* lately, this is no big deal for me. I'll remove it ... unless you guys recommend I take some other approach?

(*insane girlfriend: As in... "Say you love me... say you love me, or I'll drive this car into that brick wall right now!")

Edited by Kenxxx
  • Like 1

Amazon is a brutal place to sell. I sell many low cost items on Amazon (created the listings myself). It never fails that someone leaves a 1 star item review "IT'S ONLY XXX for XXX$'s just buy it at [insert random stores name]" which completely tanks the ability to sell it. Often times I just end up letting the items slowly sell off then delete the listing, such a waste with previously well selling items. I do file review removal requests for some of them but the smart people know how to word it to get it to stick.

I recently sent in a 75059 Sandcrawler for FBA.  I was gated from the primary listing, but secondary was OK, so thought I would give it a shot (ASIN B00JZMYOOC).  Listing was fine for a week or so, then became "stranded inventory".  I tried to "unstrand" it, but get the error message: " Merchant SKU already exists for another product    This error condition cannot be corrected from here. This item must be removed." 
Ah well... with Amazon acting like an insane girlfriend* lately, this is no big deal for me. I'll remove it ... unless you guys recommend I take some other approach?
(*insane girlfriend: As in... "Say you love me... say you love me, or I'll drive this car into that brick wall right now!")

Does anyone know why Sandcrawler is gated for some of us who made it past the gate last year?

1 minute ago, redcell said:

Does anyone know why Sandcrawler is gated for some of us who made it past the gate last year?

Too many damaged box complaints.  I don't think there have been any FBA sellers on the listing for close to a year.  I don't think it's gated to merchant fulfill.

1 hour ago, redcell said:

The main 75059 listing was gated at the ASIN level late last year IIRC. It is completely restricted from FBA. There are a few secondary listings that are not restricted other than the Lego gate . You can open a case and have the main listing merged with one of the secondary listings. I will do this if it is not merged by the time I sell off our Sandcrawlers. We will lose the enhanced content on the main listing but I don't think that really helps sell expensive retired sets anyway. If you do this just make sure you merge the current main listing TO the secondary listing (when they ask for the reason just state the items are identical) and not the other way around.

Question for you FBA veterans: I recently came into possession of a retired set from several years ago that has less than 10 total sellers on Amazon and none FBA. One did pop up FBA Friday but was sold by the time I checked today. Anyway, I can sell it via other channels, but FBA would net me an extra $20 so obviously I'd prefer to go down this route...but being the only FBA option makes me nervous as I've previously only been one option among the many. Am I setting myself up for any increased risk? The box is in very good shape, but it does have a slight bit of shelf wear in one corner - I'd have no problem sending it in if it was, say, a Garbage Truck from last year's wave of retirements, but again, am I opening up myself to undo risk here? The last thing I want to do is jeopardize my FBA privileges, but I don't want to leave money on the table if possible either. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, legorunner said:

Question for you FBA veterans: I recently came into possession of a retired set from several years ago that has less than 10 total sellers on Amazon and none FBA. One did pop up FBA Friday but was sold by the time I checked today. Anyway, I can sell it via other channels, but FBA would net me an extra $20 so obviously I'd prefer to go down this route...but being the only FBA option makes me nervous as I've previously only been one option among the many. Am I setting myself up for any increased risk? The box is in very good shape, but it does have a slight bit of shelf wear in one corner - I'd have no problem sending it in if it was, say, a Garbage Truck from last year's wave of retirements, but again, am I opening up myself to undo risk here? The last thing I want to do is jeopardize my FBA privileges, but I don't want to leave money on the table if possible either. Thanks! 

Is it something you paid < $25 or $100-$200 for?  Can you live without it?  It all depends on what your value of the item is.  Also, I'd only send it in as part of a larger shipment, not by itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legorunner said:

What set are we talking about? if you can share.....

Just a heads up for those that have abandoned ebay and have focused on Amazon. I just received a promo from ebay to come back and sell with them where final value fees are capped at $5 on your first 5 sales when you activate the promo and list this week (any duration). We have some spendy sets that I probably would not list on Amazon so we are going to take advantage of this generous offer. If you haven't listed with ebay for some time check your ebay messages for this great promo.

48 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Just a heads up for those that have abandoned ebay and have focused on Amazon. I just received a promo from ebay to come back and sell with them where final value fees are capped at $5 on your first 5 sales when you activate the promo and list this week (any duration). We have some spendy sets that I probably would not list on Amazon so we are going to take advantage of this generous offer. If you haven't listed with ebay for some time check your ebay messages for this great promo.

what is a spendy set?what that a typo?